Stride - Imagine CD (album) cover

IMAGINE

Stride

Drew
3 stars Stride- Progressive Metal from Texas, USA.

After hearing a few of the songs on progulus radio- I was very optimistic to get my hands on the CD. After a few listens- I have come to the conclusion that this is a pretty good album.

Stride introduces a new singer here, Gary Belin. He kind of sounds straight out of the 80's. I think it's pretty easy to tell where his inspirations were. The singing is not my favorite- but it is OK. The boys in the band can PLAY. I highy reccomend an ealier albm of theirs- entitled "Music Machine"- which showcases their musical and technical abilities. The music here on "imagine" is nice as well- although I wanted to hear a few intrumentals on this CD- at times I want to juest hear the music for a while- and the singer pops in- giving some songs a very pop-esque feel. The song writing is fair- and a big reason that I do not give this album 4 stars. Some songs are just a little forgetable. Can I add just one more complaint? What's with the tuning in the snare drum? It sounds horrible- which may make me a little bias- because I love to drum. The guitar, bass, and synth sound fine, but the drum kit sounds cheap!!

A good CD- a mix if you will in classic rock/hair metal/prog metal.

This band can go places, but I think they are still growing.

Drew | 3/5 |