Rush - Hemispheres CD (album) cover

HEMISPHERES

Rush

WaywardSon
5 stars This was the first Rush album I bought. I remember being amazed by the lyrics and the "tightness" of this band. "Cygnus X1 Book 2" is about the battle of the heart and mind, basically the history of the world all in one song! Wouldn´t it be great to have the heart and mind united in a single, perfect sphere? This is the longest song on the album at over eighteen minutes and it´s a classic! "Circumstances" also has some great lyrics, in fact the lyrics on this album are incredible. "The Trees" could be a song about war or even apartheid. At the end of the song the lyrics go "And the trees are all kept equal..by hatchet, axe and saw"

"La Villa Strangiato" leaves one with no doubt that these are three master musicians. I used to have doubts about Alex Lifeson and always considered him to be the weakest link in the band, but after hearing him on this instrumental I realize just how very underrated he is as a guitarist.

The only problem I have with this album is that it is just too short, it´s over in 37 minutes! This album is a masterpiece, period.

WaywardSon | 5/5 |