Pink Floyd - P-U-L-S-E CD (album) cover

P-U-L-S-E

Pink Floyd

Psychedelic/Space Rock

erik neuteboom
4 stars I have seen the tour and I own the video so I was thrilled when my neighbour invited me to watch this so eagerly and long awaited 2-DVD set. He owns a huge widescreen television and a sensurround system, this enabled us to watch and listen in the optimal visual and audio possibilities !

While watching Pulse I got mixed feelings, again because during the concert I had the same experience. On one hand the Dark Side Of The Moon rendition on DVD 2 is awesome and also the other tracks from the Water-era are great, this is Pink Floyd at their best, accompanied by mindblowing visual like the semi-circle with the countless light bulbs, the sophisticated light-show and the exciting screen projections. But on the other hand I have to admit that the post-Waters era is not my cup of tea, to me it sounds too clinical and while watching the songs on especially DVD 1, often my attention slips away or the music even fail to generate any excitement. Of course, this is subjective but to me the difference between the songs from the Waters-era and the post- Waters-era cannot be hide behind mindblowing visuals. My conclusion: a splendid DVD with lots of interesting bonus features but this 2-DVD set is no more than an excellent addition, it gets 4 stars because I rated Pink Floyd At Pompeii and Roger Waters-In The Flesh with 5 stars, these are really masterpieces!

erik neuteboom | 4/5 |