Steve Hackett - Defector CD (album) cover

Steve Hackett

4 stars Allright progheads, Today I put in DEFECTOR by STEVE HACKETT, leant myself back, closed my eyes and listened to the music and what I heard sounded dreamy, beautiful and diversified. I heard some pretty good guitar work and sometimes very beautiful flutes and the two last tracks right at the end of the album that didn't really fit in comparison to the rest of the album, though these songs were individually very nice. The last song sounded as if it was made in 1930, I guess this was intentional made that way, it reminded me on swing, whereas the rest of the album sounded very modern. While listening to the album I heard some wonderful piano work in the song "Hammer In The Sand" or some amazing guitar work in the song "Two Vamps as Guests" or "Time To Get Out" or "Slogans". I'll always bring it to my mind, that this album has something cryptic. However, I decided to give it 4 Stars because of the great instrumental work and the mood that enchants you at least in the first eight songs.
Badabec | 4/5 |