Marillion - Marillion and the Positive Light - Tales from the Engine Room  CD (album) cover

MARILLION AND THE POSITIVE LIGHT - TALES FROM THE ENGINE ROOM

Marillion

Cristi
2 stars Hold your indignation here, this is not a Marillion album, it's a remix of some of the tracks from the This Strange Engine album, made by a project called The Positive Light. Tales from the Engine is indeed an "album" for the Marillion completionists. Estonia is very enjoyable and honours the original, Memory of Waters is just a techo-house remix (nothing much), This Strange Engine is sort of a chillout track, quite good but unfortunately longer than the original song which definitely is a drawback; if One Fine Day and 80 Days are decent songs, I have to express my shock and indignation for the remaining track called Face 1004 (?!), whatever Marillion song is remixed here only God knows (I'm not sure He knows either) - a boring awful techno track.

Only Estonia may be considered a great song (remix) here; therefore this remix album gets 2 stars for the decent songs that I've just mentioned. Unless you want to have anyhting that Marillion put on the musical market, better stay away from this release.

Cristi | 2/5 |