Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are CD (album) cover

Deep Purple

Proto-Prog

voliveira
4 stars 7/10

Who I think is to give this album 4 stars?

With Machine Head I followed the general opinion and agreed that it was a masterpiece with Who Do We Think We Are I'm going against the tide. Ok, this is the weakest of efforts of Mark II, but I think if you liked the previous albums will like this ... although many people do not think so.

Again the powerful Lord's organ is in the background, but the musicianship here still is high caliber. The use of slide guitar in Mary Long is fantastic, as well as the metallic effects in Super Trouper. And the blues-rock leanings are far more sharp here on this album than any of his predecessors - see Place in Line, which opens with a bang and already deep voice of Gillian. It's a shame that this was his last album with the band until his return in 1984, but at the time I write this review I hear his successor Burn and see that David Coverdale is a suitable substitute.

3.5 stars, rounded up.