David Sylvian - Brilliant Trees  CD (album) cover

BRILLIANT TREES

David Sylvian

evenless
2 stars Why did I try David Sylvian ?

I gues because I love Porcupine Tree and PT's Richard Barbieri was in Japan together with David Sylvian. There must be stranger ways to try out some new stuff right?! And what a deception it was for me... I bought this album together with 'Gone to Earth' and was expecting a lot after the positive reviews I read on those albums. Unfortunately David Sylvian doesn't 'do it' to me. And belive me: I tried both albums multiple times, but they just wouldn't become any better. I guess this will be my only review on David Sylvian because:

1) I don't like to write negative reviews 2) I don't want to make David Sylvian fans mad oir sad and 3) I already sold the DS CD's again on eBay and will continue listening to Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Riverside, Opeth and the German band Sylvan. (What's in a name)

I guess I just don't like the 'artrock' progressive subgenre. Sorry guys!

just 2 stars for the collectors and fans