Yes - Yes CD (album) cover

ProgMetaller2112
4 stars This album is Yes's self-titled debut, it's a little rough around the edges and still not there yet but it does show where the band will eventually head to. The band consisted of Jon Anderson, Chris Squire, Bill Bruford, Tony Kaye, and Peter Banks(their original guitarist). This album is more poppy than later releases but it's a good addition to a Prog collection not a masterpiece but it's good.

Here is the track listing

1. Beyond and Before- I like the vocal melodies it makes for a good album opener 8/10

2. I See You - It's a jazzy piece a different version than from The Byrds, you could hear the great Bill Bruford on here, I like it a lot 9/10

3. Yesterday and Today - Vocal piece for Jon it's a rather delicate sweet piece 9/10

4. Looking Around -Good song but my least favorite on the album 7/10

5. Harold Land - Nice piece with a good keyboard hook kinda reminds me a little of Genesis before Genesis even knew their sound 9/10

6. Every Little Thing- I like this Beatles cover a lot Grade A , it's a creative and different cover 9/10

7. Sweetness-Another delicate piece, I love it, it's a really sweet song, it lifts up your day and brings some sunshine in. 9/10

8. Survival - I like this piece a lot it resonates with me "all that dies, dies for a reason to put it's strength into the season" what a piece of writing 10/10

Overall it's a 70/80, it's actually a quite surprisingly good album for a debut. It's a 4 star out of 5.Peace out!!!

ProgMetaller2112 | 4/5 |