iamthemorning - ~ CD (album) cover

~

iamthemorning

ole-the-first
5 stars It's a very big pleasure for me to say that music on this LP is as beautiful as this album's cover, because '~', the first record by Russian art rock/post-rock band iamthemorning, became probably the best debut of 2012.

iamthemorning was formed in 2010 in St. Petersburg, their music collides post-rock, sympho rock, pop rock with art rock tendencies, and it works so well! In their music they provide us a very beautiful and organic blend of accessible (and utterly mindblowing) songwriting, symphonic arrangements and Maryana's heavenly vocals in their absolutely astonishing work.

It's very nice to see such a beautiful, professionally recorded and excellently mixed album from a Russian band (y'know, situation with music in Russia is very deplorable). I hope that appearing of this band on Russian musical scene will give a birth for a brand-new generation of bands, consisting of talented members with excellent musical tastes, rather than what we might find in almost every popular Russian band today.

iamthemorning is really hell of a band. I wish them good luck in their starting career, and it were very good news to know that this year they're going to record a new LP.

A sheer masterwork. 10/10