Nektar - Remember The Future CD (album) cover

REMEMBER THE FUTURE

Nektar

Psychedelic/Space Rock

GruvanDahlman
4 stars This has to be my favorite Nektar album. It all came togetherso perfectly. The progressive nature of the Nektar never seemed more prosperous than here. At least in my opinion. Nektar is one of those bands unfortunately enough partly forgotten, partly ignored. Their albums are all worthy several spins and offer great music.

As always, making one track (or in this case two) ranging over 10 minutes, and as on this album, nearly double that time, takes skill and genius and Nektar possesses both. They manage to make these two sidelong tracks feel short, like a regular 5-minute song. I guess the secret lies in the changes of melodies and riffs and the re-occuring themes. But that's not the whole secret, just partly. The greatest secret is Nektar itself who makes the music so worth while, never allowing it to grow boring, disoriented or in other ways lose focus or the listener. That's truly genius.

4,5 stars, in my book and an obvious buy.

GruvanDahlman | 4/5 |