Peccatum - The Moribund People CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

3 stars Peccatum is a band that seems to be influenced by many different styles of metal such as black, gothic and doom. It reminds me of bands like dead can dance and theater of tragedy. This EP consist of three tracks, full of darkness and deep emotions. It mostly varies from atmospheric parts, which are slow, have female vocals and dark melodies played on keyboards, to heavy parts which are much faster and have male screams.

I'm not going to go into each song cause Vaxis has done this really well in his review. Anyway this is an ep with three songs and it only gives you an idea of Peccatum's music. However, it's a pleasant listen.

Not much progressive elements inside all that, however this is a highly recommended cd to all anathema fans and people who enjoy gothic music generally (not saying that anathema is gothic. far from it...) . To a prog-metal fan I would say it's not what he would expect from the categorization. To me, this ep is really promising but not essential. Three stars!

sularetal | 3/5 |