Dream Theater - A Change Of Seasons  CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

3 stars Fabulous release:

Not worth the price of a full CD, for despite of it's length it's not really that fabulous.

the first half is the amazing and fabulous progressive 23 minutes lasting suite called A Change Of Seasons, just great heavy metal in a progressive style, really fabulous,'l repeat myself a fabulous piece of progressive rock, just so you'd understand it, a fabulous piece of heavy progressive rock, for the ones not listening to me, the first 23 minutes song is a fabulous piece of progressive rock, done heavy metal style.

The second part of the album is a mixture of covers from bands and albums DT where inspired with, ranging from the Elton John cover "Funeral for a Fiend" just because Elton's version is better doesn't make this an any less obligated listening, through to the DP song (we all know DP means Deep Purple) Perfect Strangers which is excecuted with marvelous style and the Led Zep (for those idiots; Led Zep stands for Led Zeppelin) medley is utterly great (though again the original bands did it better)

The album ends with a grand medley, In the Flesh, Carry On Wayward Son, Bohemian Rhapsody, Lovin, Touchin, Squeezin, Cruise Control, Turn It On Again. anyone not familliar with these songs, well let's say it's a great piece of work and it is played very nicely.

This was my first Dream theater record i bought, mainly because I liked one song (another Day) from a symphonic collection album, and I had to learn more about them. In retrospect I have to downgrade this album a little, but when listened for the first time it's a marvelous treat.

3 stars, but the first time I listened to this it was bloody great. A must for DT fans, and a nice album for all who like prog rock.

Peace Out