The Pentangle - The Time Has Come: 1967-1973  CD (album) cover

THE TIME HAS COME: 1967-1973

The Pentangle

Prog Folk

GruvanDahlman
4 stars I'd say Pentangle is one of the rarest of british folk-groups. Not in the sense their albums are rare to find but rare meaning outstanding. Their blend of progressive, folk and rock sensibilities are unmatched, as far as I'm concerned. The first six albums they made are all worth having, containing utterly beautifl, haunting and engaging music.

If you're looking for simply a compilation I'd recommend Light flight, a great collection of some of their best material. But if you're alreadya serious fan like me this box set is mandatory. It walks the thin line between the greatest hits and rarer stuff, like live recordings and music from the screen. Now, I'm not sure about devoting one entire disc to one single concert. I'd rather have seen more live stuff from their entire career but there you go. Is that any reason to complain? No, not really. The box is easily worth 4,5 stars. Besides, the box is visually stunning and really gives me goose bumps just looking at it. Wondrous stuff!

GruvanDahlman | 4/5 |