Triumvirat - Spartacus CD (album) cover

SPARTACUS

Triumvirat

wehpanzer
5 stars When I heard that Triumvirat was an ELP clone, I sneered. When a friend of mine actually played me the album, I was excited.

Triumvirat had an undeserved reputation as an ELP knockoff - only in the fact that they were a keyboard led three piece band were they actually similar.

I've always loved the story of Spartacus (I majored in history and now teach it in high school), so finding a prog band writing concept album around the history of Spartacus was quite special. The story is well told, the melodies are interesting, the solos are not noodling. There is nothing here you can't like!

Personally, I think that this is one of the greatest lost prog albums of all time. I recommend it. Five stars.

wehpanzer | 5/5 |