Tito Jr. Schipa - Orfeo 9 CD (album) cover

ORFEO 9

Tito Jr. Schipa

Rock Progressivo Italiano

GruvanDahlman
3 stars I think, like so many others, that italian prog from the 70's holds their own. Often the music is clearly italian, not just by way of the language but above all through the music itself. Often symphonic it is in flavor so connected to this country of Italy. Schipa's masterpiece is also evidently italian in sound. And it is a really competent piece of work. There is nothing bad I can say about the album, onlythat it's not all that memorable. It flows steadily and I dig, man. I dig the music. But when it's all over I see there's not much sticking to my brain. What was that I just heard?

Overall, Orfeo 9, is a competent and pleasant piece of music. It's not bad at all, just not that great either. It's worth the occasional listen but it's likely not to be picked when it comes to RPI. There's so many greater bands. Still, pleasant.

GruvanDahlman | 3/5 |