Ash Ra Tempel - Schwingungen CD (album) cover

SCHWINGUNGEN

Ash Ra Tempel

Krautrock

samhob
4 stars An amazing Album from Ash Ra Tempel wich remains my favorite of this band. This is Space, Psychedelic LSD-influenced music for your brain. I still can't imagine these guy's recorgind such music, I mean i can't figure out myself whow would they behave in a normal social life with such an artistic point of view.

Anyway this album starts with a slow, spacey blues tune, based on an hallucinating voice that whispers incomprehensible lyrics ( and repeating "We are all one"), and Bluesy improvised guitar licks wich will progress in a mind-blowing Space guitar solo explosion.

The Second track is a quite long fine jazzy improvisation with Saxophone and one of the most horrible screams and crushed-vocals you might have heard on a Music record. Terrific.

The Last song is a traditionnal "Side Two" Ash ra tempel song, that means a 20 minute dreamy and peacefull music, an excellent psychedelic song with a PINK FLOYD's "Celestial Voices"-like final..

Quote: "Beware of Schwingungen [...] a record that could change your life as it did for me" Mr Julian Cope on his Krautrocksampler book.

.Excellent addition to any prog music collection.

samhob | 4/5 |