High Tide - Sea Shanties CD (album) cover

SEA SHANTIES

High Tide

GruvanDahlman
3 stars I honestly do not know. Is this really, really good or is it simply interesting as a document from 1969? I do not know. What I do know is that it is an extremely heavy and noisy affair, predating Sabbath and even, in some respects, out-weighs them in some respects. This is heavier and noisier than Sabbath ever was but it lacks something more important: quality.

The album is good. It's a heavy, jam-oriented record and I guess unmatched in 1969. Who were these guys? It's demented, deranged and utterly heavy stuff. A hellish concoction of noise and volume. Still, I do not think it's all that good. Classic? In some ways, maybe. Worth having? Maybe, if you want your collection of hard rock/metal to br complete. Why not? Personally I find it interesting and quite amusing but that's it. Hats off, though, to you guys, for producing one of the heaviest albums ever made.

GruvanDahlman | 3/5 |