Nucleus - We'll Talk About It Later CD (album) cover

WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT LATER

Nucleus

Argonaught
3 stars I have been reading the We'll Talk About It Later reviews and wondering why my opinion is so dramatically different from that of the others.

The reviewers have used all kinds of superlative expressions - passion, apex, pinnacle, sizzling-hot .. I don't recall anything like this? I tried a few albums of Nucleus a while ago and found them, frankly, uniformly toothless and lacking in vitality and eloquence. The We'll Talk About It Later is no different from the previous one or the following one.

I don't even know if any of the British-based jazz musicians of the 70s could make it into the category of what I'd call "genuine fusion" (with the exception of the most excellent Harry Beckett). It's not due to their lack the skills or methods of expressing themselves; they just didn't, obviously, have anything to express that was of any interest to me.

Instead, I'd categorize this album, along with If and Bill Bruford solo albums into the subgenre of their own .. don't have a good name for it at the moment .. but it wouldn't have any superlative adjectives in it :)

Argonaught | 3/5 |