Area - Event '76 CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars This one, such as other highly-experimental Stratos' solo albums, is not progressive at all. This is the record of one of the strangest gigs ever made by Area, in Milan, with other avant-guarde players, acting a sort of "divisionist" improvisationist concert, inspirated by a John Cage invention... every member of the ensemble randomly takes one five little sheets of paper, (displayed on the cover) on which is written "Silence", "Violence", "Hypnosis", "Sex" or "Irony". In relation with them, Stratos and the others singed and played, pursuing their personal sensation. After around three minutes, they change their "humor", and so on. I do not dislike the album, nevertheless I must confess I'm a fan of Area, and of avant-guarde music in general, so it could be a bit "too much" for an ordinary listener. This is the reason for I rate this as a three-star. Anyway, try to find out something from the soloist career of Demetrio... it's amazing!
| 3/5 |