Lost World - Solar Power CD (album) cover

Lost World

4 stars Believe in me or not, ten years passed after their first release and the Russian band LOST WORLD, remains at the top of crossover progressive-rock bands, and beside this... they continue evolving. At this time, which call me more attention have been a "narrowing" between the classical/world- music/progressive style of L W with a more heavy prog passages. But this more heavy-prog or hard- prog passages have moved for beyond the influences from bands like KANSAS, and this affirmation is easy to observe in some tracks, as for instance in the track 7 "Run That By Me Again" (starting 0:46 sec ) which presents a riff very similar with DEEP PURPLE'S "Space Truckin' " . Other significant new "increment" are the Fripp's guitar style that I could observe in track 4 "Detached" and track "Tongues of Flame I" but not a plagiarism, only a similarity. The disk is full of energetic moments blended with soft melodies, like track 2 "Metamorphoses" and track 6 "Facing the Rain". My rate is 4 stars with enthusiasm !!!
maryes | 4/5 |