Ozric Tentacles - Waterfall Cities CD (album) cover

Ozric Tentacles

Psychedelic/Space Rock

3 stars Not by any means my favorite from these guys (That would be Jurassic Shift), but a good album none the less.

Ozric Tentacles created a unique sound by fusing straight up hard rock, heavy metal and devilish keyboards. The only real problem is that the sound doesn't change much. And when I say it doesn't change much, I MEAN it. This isn't always a bad thing. The only problem is, if you hate one song, you'll probably hate all the others too.

Coily has to be my favorite song on here, just because of it's bombastic-ness. All the others are pretty good, except for Sultana Detrii, which I really just don't care for.

All in all, a darn good Ozric album. It seems good on the first few listens, but after awhile you'll see there are many of theirs better than this one.

3.5 Stars.