Jupiter Society - First Contact / Last Warning CD (album) cover

Jupiter Society

3 stars Isaac Asimov gone me(n)tal.

I totally love when progressive rock and science-fiction frolick together, in fact, that's what drawned me to the genre at first. So for Jupiter Society, I was sold almost in advance considering that the art cover is shouting what the album is all about.

The music is a little disappointing, if not a lot although. I expected more diversity in textures, or colour if you like. Everything is musically in shades of black, silver and cherry red (in my brain) . Definitely not positive energy music, rooted in drop#D guitars, thinking of Ayreon and other goth bands.

An interesting album for the political-sci-fi-diplomatic-Asimov's-Foundation-book-lover, because it's not 'Star Wars metal', but more intellectually intended.

Claustrophobic, paranoid, no shredding guitars, robotic voices and haunting keys.

In fact, haunting everything.

Menswear | 3/5 |