Dream Theater - Awake CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

5 stars Dream theater's Awake album is my favourite DT album, it's the only DT albumthat i would rate 5 stars. As far as i'm concerned, it doesn't get better than this. I have all Dt's albums, but I return to Awake everytime i want to satisfy my hunger for this band. I could use an excessive amount of superlatives to show my enthusiasm towards this excellent album, but I would still forget something i could have said and did not. So the bottom line is this album is a must have for any prog-rock or prog-metal collection. James LaBrie did his best vocal performance here, Kevin Moore outdid himself here, musically and lyrically, the rhythm section Portnoy/Myung shines at its best and last but not least, Petrucci's performance is outstanding. It seems i've already started with the superlatives...

In my humble opinion Awake is a masterpiece of progressive metal; if you haven't got it yet, then it's high time you did...

Cristi | 5/5 |