Riverside - Rapid Eye Movement CD (album) cover

5 stars 10/10

Strange when you see the best as the worst and worst as the best?

When it comes to my reviews I am so biased as to be able to go against the tide. In my case, it is easier to give high ratings to albums with low scores lower than otherwise. With Riverside both situations occurred. While I in Second Life Syndrome I saw the least favorite of the five they've released so far (although you want to listen more times to really mature this idea), Rapid Eye Movemente was a wonderful surprise for me, a criminally underrated masterpiece that caught my attention, not immediately, but now does so with wonderful ability.

Although Rapid Eye Movement not take the band to new directions, still remains by far the better and stronger the Reality Dream Trilogy. There is a strong feeling cyclical here, evidenced by the end of the last song, the epic Ultimate Trip, where we hear the same sounds "radio being tuned" ears at the opening of The Same River, the first song from their debut Out of Myself. Besides this, there are other highlights here, such as opening Into the Eyelids (which is a start!), Rainbow Box, 02 Panic Room (love the metallic feel of the drums and his final piece, not matching the rest of the song) Parasomnia (my favorite here), and Embryonic Cybernetic Pillow. So as you see, practically the whole album is a highlight.

5 stars, well deserved! I hope more people will recognize the value of this work!

voliveira | 5/5 |