King Crimson - Islands CD (album) cover

King Crimson

5 stars All the imperfectives and technical misses from Lizard album are fixed on this one. This one was more mature and this "critical" lineup of the band made a truly masterpiece. Fripp plays guitar more and nicer and here we have roots of their sound of "Red" album era. Every King Crimson album is unique and artistic picture of world they see through eyes of brilliant musicians with strong feeling for emotion of moment and colors of sound. This piece can be studied in courses on history of classical musical flavor. These are not copying of classical masters of music, this is something else, music that is sophisticated enough to be close to classical music in terms of composition structure. This is great example of the fact that freedom in music can create beauty that is source of inspiration for people's living. It is funny, but when I first listened to this piece, it made me physically ill. I was a bit hungry, and listening this, I got dizzy in my head. So, any of listeners should not give up this album after first few hours. I want also to remind everybody that lyrics on album were written by real (will not say professional) poet, and this is poetry in music, something very unique, because listening to classical masters of music, I hear beating of their living hearts, but I could not enjoy poetry. Anyone who listens to song "Islands" will know what I mean. I recommend this highly to any art lovers. This is pretty much "noble" record in many senses of this word.

.and music of King Crimson made my life less sad and more beautiful. I guess that this is all about.

nisandzic | 5/5 |