Tangerine Dream - Rubycon CD (album) cover

RUBYCON

Tangerine Dream

Progressive Electronic

Mellotron Storm
4 stars "Part 1" opens with haunting sounds off in the distance that get louder after 2 minutes. It sounds like sea gulls 3 1/2 minutes in with mellotron to follow. We start to get a beat or pulse 7 1/2 minutes in as spacey sounds continue. A more aggressive sound arrives after 10 1/2 minutes that reminds me of PINK FLOYD. Percussion sounds before 12 minutes. It starts to calm down after 14 1/2 minutes.

"Part 2" is darker and more haunting. The mellotron 3 minutes in sounds awesome ! It sounds like a thousand lost souls crying out. Ok maybe "awesome" was the wrong word. It is such an eerie section. We get a beat before 5 minutes as spacey sounds continue to sweep the soundscape. Organ before 11 minutes followed by waves after 12 minutes. It's spacey again 13 1/2 minutes in to end it on a brighter note.

I really like the dark and haunting mood they bring out on this album at times. A solid 4 stars.

Mellotron Storm | 4/5 |