Devil Doll - The Girl who Was... Death CD (album) cover

THE GIRL WHO WAS... DEATH

Devil Doll

T.Rox
4 stars Devil Doll - Masters of the dark arts!

"The Girl Who Was . Death" is a wonderfully theatrical piece of dark, often foreboding music inspired by the 1960's TV series "The Prisoner" (starring Patrick McGoohan).

Mr. Doctor's unusual vocals, backed by the rest of Devil Doll, with 1st & 2nd violins and the Devil Chorus choir makes for really interesting listening by a group with a unique sound.

I thoroughly enjoyed TGWWD from the first spin, finding it spoiled only by the ridiculous 20- odd minutes silence between the main song and the remake of "The Prisoner" theme song to give the "single song" a length of 66 minutes and six seconds . ho-hum, would that be "666"? . just a bit too much of a gimmick for my liking.

Without the huge silence (which I have achieved with the help of some recording software) 4.5 stars . with the silence as the CD came I can give it only 4 stars!

T.Rox | 4/5 |