Mekong Delta - Kaleidoscope CD (album) cover

KALEIDOSCOPE

Mekong Delta

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

OpethGuitarist
1 stars Can't say that you will find much on this album. What we basically have here is a thrash metal album not unlike Megadeth but with perhaps more varied effects, with use of flamenco styled guitars here and there.

The riffing is poor here. My favorite track is probably Dreaming, a nice instrumental effort that moves away from the thrash riffing. Unfortunately, most of the other songs follow a similar thrashing pattern and leaves me with really nothing memorable like I might get from an early Metallica album. Other Mekong Delta efforts have done better.

Overall, this album will leave a bland feeling in your mouth. The best place to start with this band would probably be the boxset Classics, an album featuring classical songs in metal fasion. This is essentially why this band is on the archives in the first place.

OpethGuitarist | 1/5 |