Gentle Giant - Interview CD (album) cover

INTERVIEW

Gentle Giant

DrömmarenAdrian
4 stars Many prog bands are unique, but can you be more unique than unique. Yes Gentle Giant can. Their distorted sound is so spectacular and peculiar that you wonder how they came up with it. I call their music medieval futurism. If this record was a little step towards broader popularity they did it very well with making this medieval futuristic jazz symphonic rock catchy. This review will process Gentle Giants eight record from 1976. Then Gentle Giant consisted of Gary Green, Kerry Minnear, Derek Shulman, Ray Shulman and John Weathers.

It is an even disc. All track are very good. There are no boring or mainstream music on this plate and the unity is perfect. The compositions aren't the best in the bands history but still brilliant. "I lost my head" is my favourite song. Here they blended medieval with hard rock music in a lunatic way and the song has different parts perfectly moved in to each other. "Timing" is another crazy but galant composition that is both brutal and pleasant. In "Design" they have designed extraordinary vocal harmonies and "Interview" is also crazy. "Another show" has an unusual strong and good melody. There is just one "I lost my head" on this record and that makes it just a four star record but the rest is even, so even that the worst song is almost as good as the best one.

DrömmarenAdrian | 4/5 |