Riverside - Voices In My Head CD (album) cover

VOICES IN MY HEAD

Riverside

OpethGuitarist
2 stars This album has the feeling of a coffee shop atmosphere. Most of the songs here are very laid back, soft, almost neo-prog like to a degree. There are a lot of warm sounds here and would be great to play by a fire with some hot cocoa during the winter months.

I can't help but be lulled away from the music on the album. The sounds aren't awful, but it's nothing really captivating, and hence, having a coffee shop feel. There isnt much "progressiveness" here in the strictest sense, but I am reminded of a mixture of gentle Floyd concepts and accessible rock.

I find little of value here, as this is a safe and gentle record, one that might be good for certain occassions around others who are not interested in prog, but little use for personal listening.

OpethGuitarist | 2/5 |