Iron Butterfly - Live CD (album) cover

LIVE

Iron Butterfly

Proto-Prog

Jimsey
3 stars I ran into this one at a local record fair. After a quick hike home to check it's availability & price range online and a quick hike back, I decided to buy it. And I'm glad I did.

Featured is a good live recording of Iron Butterfly in action with over a half of the overall time being covered by the mammoth In-a-gadda-da-vida. While it was the same case on their second album, in a live environment it still seems a bit strange. Despite consisting of 5 good tracks, the first half is like a breeze. It comes and it goes and before you know it, the band is getting into their massive epic which sounds just as good (if not better) live as on the original record.

For a good price, it's definitely worth checking out if you like the band. But I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to acquire it.

Jimsey | 3/5 |