Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies CD (album) cover

ANOMALIES

Cephalic Carnage

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

VOTOMS
3 stars This is not a typical deathgrind band. Cephalic Carnage always had something more to show us. You can realize listening to the last song from this album (Anomalies), the track n. 12, Ontogeny of Behavior. It is a ten minute work, really catchy and progressive. Another progressive great shot is Inside is Out.

Overall, this album is more progressive than avant-garde (as their previous releases), but it's still different. I'm not a real fan from Cephalic Carnage, but I'm a Exploiting Dysfunction fan, it's my favorite grindcore album, so I tried their entire discography. I'm disapointed because their late albums wasn't like their three first releases. And this album it's more digestible than their early works. Songs like the stoner Piecemaker do not satisfy me. But they are still Cephalic Carnage, and it's a good album.

VOTOMS | 3/5 |