Clay Withrow - Dissonance Rising  CD (album) cover

Clay Withrow

3 stars This is the solo album from the Vangough's leader, Clay Withrow. This is progressive metal, without technical over the top riffage and speed. The melodies are focused on the keyboard (by Narisa Suzuki, a Japanese girl) and lyrics. Well, I'm not into Vangough. Never heard of their music, actually. But this album took a long time to work. At my first listen, I had nothing more than an average melodic slow metal, some kind of average progressive Katatonia. But I gave another chance to Dissonance Rising, and I felt pleased. I haven't this album here on my own, and sorry, I can't remember specific passages. But it worth, it's the kind of album that the more you listen, more you learn and like.
VOTOMS | 3/5 |