Threshold - Psychedelicatessen CD (album) cover

PSYCHEDELICATESSEN

Threshold

voliveira
4 stars 8/10

Surprisingly, I found this album to be as good as the debut of the Threshold, released a year earlier. It is the least rated here on the site, but it is still too early to tell if it's deserved or not. Anyway I really enjoyed this album, and I think it deserves a little more recognition.

Here Damian Wilson is no longer the lead singer, but Glynn Hordan, which in my opinion is just as good. His voice is more aggressive, but it can impose a major presence. Also the battery Harradence Nick (replacing Tony Grinham) has a better sound and more refined than the band's debut. Psychedelicatessen is significantly heavier than Wounded Land, but that does not make it inferior.

My favorite songs here are the opening Sunseeker, The Tension of Souls, the epic Into Light and the closure Devoted. My rating is 4 stars.

voliveira | 4/5 |