Sigur Rós - Inni CD (album) cover

INNI

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

sussexbowler
4 stars Some time ago, I bought the album 'Agaetis Byrjun', and other than the famous song 'Svefn-g- englar', wasn't that impressed. The thing is, I always felt that there was more to them, it was just a case of getting some help. I'd even recorded their film 'Heima' off the television, and without having even looked at that, I knew that their things musically that should interest me.

My interest was reignited by seeing the film 'We bought a zoo', featuring the music of 'Jonsi, one of the band members.

So, I'd read that 'Inni' was like a 'live' greatest hits album, and I had no hesitation in giving it a go. I'm pleased that I did...

Their music varies from what I might class as 'popular' to 'weird'. It's the latter that I prefer... And to this end, disc 2 is probably better for me. And on this is 'Popplagid', an immensely powerful song, and one that I hadn't heard of before. If you've not heard this, you simply must, and the good thing is, it lasts some 15 minutes...

After listening to 'Inni', I felt that I could try and watch the film 'Heima', and I'm really glad that I did. An interesting film and a fantastic finale.

If you, like me, couldn't quite get a grip on 'Sigur ros', then 'Inni' is a good place to start. And then, if you can, check out the film 'Heima'. Overall, an astonishing experience, and life- affirming.

sussexbowler | 4/5 |