La Maschera Di Cera - Le Porte Del Domani CD (album) cover

La Maschera Di Cera

Rock Progressivo Italiano

3 stars When I first heard (and continue to hear) the opening song of this album ("Ritorno dal nulla" [8:40] [9/10]) I am wowed into thinking, "This is going to be an amazing album!" But, unfortunately, this is not the case. The rest of the album lags, drags, and fails to go anywhere new or extraordinary. Even if I new more Italian, the lyrics would not be enough to sustain my interest. (My understanding is that this is an attempt at a "sequel" to LE ORME's 1973 'classic,' Felona e Serona--an album that has never won my heart or appreciation despite many attempts.)

A solid three star album despite the wonderful opener.

BrufordFreak | 3/5 |