Radiohead - Amnesiac CD (album) cover

AMNESIAC

Radiohead

endlessepic
4 stars On the whole, very good. Very progressive. Some filler that is a bit worthless, I think some of the songs seem to be an attempt by Radiohead to be so non-accesible that they exceed completely overboard at just that.

1. in a Crushd Tin Box (4:00) Very cool vocal line "reasonable man" Great song.

2. Pyramid Song (4:48) Very eerie, I don't think it the best song by radiohead as others do but nonetheless quite a killer song.

3. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors (4:07) Fabulous drum riff but isn;t something one listens to alot.

4. You and Whose Army ? (3:11) This one has an intentionally muffled sound which kinda works but kinda doesnt. It gets epic near the end though.

5. I Might Be Wrong (4:53) This one I didn't like at all when I first heard it, but its actually got a great melody and is something I look forward to hearing.

6. Knives Out (4:14) Very odd lyrically, the most straightforward rocker, very good at that.

7. Morning Bell/Amnesiac (3:14) Why is this one considered a bad remake? I find it very good, I like it alot.

8. Dollars & Cents (4:51) A very inaccesible but good one. You will grow to love it.

9. Hunting Bears (2:01) I dont really understand this one. Hasnt grown on me yet.

10. Like Spinning Plates (3:57) I dont really understand this one. Good idea but its not really working for me.

11. Life in a Glasshouse (4:34) I kind of like the brass but this one is a bit dull. You gotta be in the right mood for it.

It is a great album although I'm certain you wont like it on first listen. It takes quite a while but then it really gets great!

endlessepic | 4/5 |