Peter Hammill - And Close As This CD (album) cover

AND CLOSE AS THIS

Peter Hammill

javajeff
4 stars I cannot continue to ignore the fact that I return to this album more than many of his other titles. He has so many albums to choose from, and no one should ignore his 80s output since there are some gems along with his immaculate 70s. "And Close as This" is a stripped down close up and personal performance as the name suggests. This is not a very progressive album, but does count as Eclectic delivered with passion. There is no doubt that these songs have some deeper meanings to them since they cover the very fabric of humanity, and everyone should be able to relate to them. "Too Many of My Yesterdays" is one of my favorite songs from Peter, and it showcases the brilliance of his lyrics and the passion of his delivery.
javajeff | 4/5 |