MADRA

Prog Folk

Miranda Sex Garden Madra album cover

Buy MIRANDA SEX GARDEN Music
Studio Album, released in 1991

1. Seek Sweet Content (2:19)
2. While Joyful Springtime Lasteth (1:15)
3. Though Philomela Lost Her Love (0:41)
4. Go Wailing Accents (1:46)
5. Gush Forth My Tears (2:16)
6. Fly Not So Fast (1:20)
7. The Nightingale (1:04)
8. Lady Those Eyes (1:27)
9. Though My Carriage Be But Careless (1:10)
10. All Creatures Now Are Merry Minded (1:40)
11. Full Fathom Five (1:04)
12. See Amaryllis Shamed (2:07)
13. It Was A Lover And His Lass (2:17)
14. Those Sweet Delightful Lilies (2:15)
15. Ah, Look Upon These Eyes (2:28)
16. If It Be Love (1:15)
17. Away, Thou Shall Not Love Me (1:16)
18. How Merrily We Live (0:59)
19. Sweet Kate (1:20)
20. This Love Is But A Wanton Fit (0:41)
21. Sure There Is No God Of Love (2:16)
22. See Mine Own Sweet Jewel (1:06)
23. When First I Saw Thee (0:40)
24. The Silver Swan (1:19)
25. Sweet Honey Sucking Bees (3:26)

- Katharine Blake / Vocals

Buy MIRANDA SEX GARDEN Madra Music

MadraMadra
Mute U.S. 1991
$18.94

MIRANDA SEX GARDEN MADRA PCCY-10213 JAPAN CD OBI A481 USD $6.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Miranda Sex Garden : Madra CD (1993) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Alternative Rock(6) - Mix&Match Music CDs U Pick *NO CASE DISC ONLY* USD $3.53 Buy It Now 6 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN - MADRA (RARE ORIGINAL 1991 CD) MUTE RECORDS USD $1.91 [0 bids]
Used Music CD Liquidation Sale ** Artists: M-M #418 ** Buy 1 Get 1 flat ship fee USD $1.99 Buy It Now 7 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN / MADRA JAPAN CD OOP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Miranda Sex Garden Madra (CD, Aug-1991, Mute Records) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN "Madra" CD 1991 Gush Forth My Tears USD $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
CASSETTE: MIRANDA SEX GARDEN Madra NEW WAVE GOTH USD $5.24 Buy It Now 12 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN MADRA ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! USD $25.57 Buy It Now 12 days
Miranda Sex Garden - Madra (CD) Liberation / Mute (D30615) Aus Press 1991 N/Mint USD $9.46 Buy It Now 12 days
20/7/91 Pgn52 Advert : Miranda Sex Garden : Madra Album 3x10 USD $5.10 Buy It Now 13 days
Miranda Sex Garden MADRA Cassette Tape 1991 USD $5.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Miranda Sex Garden Madra Cd USD $5.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Madra 1991 by Miranda Sex Garden EXLIBRARY USD $5.59 Buy It Now 15 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN MADRA 1991 VINTAGE Cassette Audio Tape RARE USD $5.09 Buy It Now 18 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN - Madra - CD - **Mint Condition** USD $12.75 Buy It Now 20 days
Madra Miranda Sex Garden Audio CD USD $6.14 Buy It Now 20 days
Madra Miranda Sex Garden Audio Cassette USD $10.64 Buy It Now 21 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN Cassette Album - MADRA (C STUMM 91) USD $2.92 Buy It Now 26 days
MIRANDA SEX GARDEN - Madra - CD - **BRAND NEW/STILL SEALED** USD $33.49 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy MIRANDA SEX GARDEN music online Buy MIRANDA SEX GARDEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

MIRANDA SEX GARDEN Madra ratings distribution

MIRANDA SEX GARDEN Madra reviews

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
3 stars MIRANDA SEX GARDEN is a weird band and "Madra" is a weird release even for them, just to start I must say that this album is the only one from their catalogue that has almost no relation with Progressive Rock, because it's mainly a collection of 25 Traditional British Medieval Madrigals sung by three young women with excellent voices.

All the tracks except the single "Gush Forth my Tears" are sung mostly a cappella. But don't believe that just because it's not Progressive it's bad, by the contrary the album is excellent, even the exigent classical critic received it with great enthusiasm, but must be appreciated by fans of this vocal genre.

"Madra" doesn't represent in any way what Miranda Sex Garden will become from their second release (Iris) but is essential to understand what's the background of this women, because even when they will develop a sound that blends Folk, Celtic. Gothic, Post Rock, Industrial and Prog, will always keep the love for Traditional British Medieval music.

It's worthless to describe song by song because we're talking about Madrigals which are essentially very similar, except for the already mentioned Gush Forth my Tears, which as they describe it is a Madrigal with a beat, in other words Medieval music with a poppy remix in the vein of early ENIGMA.

This song was released previously to "Madra" as a single, but Katharine always hated this remix, I read that still today she refuses to listen it.

I can say without any doubt that the voices are pristine, the lyrics describe pastoral scenarios and even strong emotions as love with great sensuality, in simple terms the poetry is provocative and the production is excellent, as a Medieval music fan I love the album and I can't rate it with less than 3 stars, but I don't encourage anybody who is not familiar with this genre to attempt buying it.

Unless you're a Medieval nut, better save your money and get any of MIRANDA SEX GARDEN later releases that would be easily appreciated by any Proghead which with the pass of the days will be reviewing for those who are interested in a different conception of Progressive Rock.

Post a review of MIRANDA SEX GARDEN "Madra"