KRONET TIL KONGE

Buy DODHEIMSGARD Music
Studio Album, released in 1995

1. Intro (1:00)
2. Е Slakte Gud (6:09)
3. En Krig е Seire (4:58)
4. Jesu Blod (4:51)
5. Midnattsskogens Sorte Kjerne (6:47)
6. Kuldeblest Over Evig Isшde (4:13)
7. Kronet Til Konge 04:35
8. Mournful, Yet and Forever (7:05)
9. Nеr Vi Har Dolket Guds Hjerte (4:47)
10. Starcave, Depths and Chained (3:41)
11. When Heavens End (5:18)
12. Outro (0:44)

Search DODHEIMSGARD Kronet Til Konge lyrics

Search DODHEIMSGARD Kronet Til Konge tabs

- Aldrahn / vocals, guitar
- Vicotnik / guitars, drums
- Fenriz / bass

CD Malicious Records (1995)

Thanks to ivansfr0st for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

DODHEIMSGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DODHEIMSGARD Kronet Til Konge Music

Kronet Til KongeKronet Til Konge
Century Media 1999
Audio CD$34.98 (used)

More places to buy DODHEIMSGARD music online Buy DODHEIMSGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DODHEIMSGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DODHEIMSGARD Kronet Til Konge ratings distribution

DODHEIMSGARD Kronet Til Konge reviews

Review by UMUR
1 stars Dødheimsgard´s debut album is really not made for someone like me. My first experience with Dødheimsgard was their latest album Supervillain Outcast which is a masterpiece of experimental extreme metal IMO. One of the best metal albums I have heard in a long time. Really great album that one. This is very different from the sophisticated and clever Supervillain Outcast. I knew that Dødheimsgard was an old black metal band but what I didn´t know was that there is nothing exciting on this their debut. Quite disappointing really.

The music is very primitive and raw black metal comperable to noisy punk or early hardcore bands like Cryptic Slaughter or Extreme Noise Terror. Dødheimsgard is also very influenced by the early thrash metal scene. Bands like Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Possessed haven´t lived for nothing. If you know bands like Darkthrone ( the drummer from Darkthrone plays bass on Kronet til Konge) and Mayhem you will know what kind of style I am talking about. All the songs just blend together into a grey ( black) mass of trivial cliches though and I´m afraid the only thing that can excite me is the singer Aldrahn which have a very authentic and extremely angry rasp. No processed vocals here fortunately.

The sound quality is as it is on most early TRUE black metal recordings. Lo-fi. Really primitive and raw. Noisy you might say. I know this is how TRUE black metal fans want their music, but personally I find this to be way to primitive.

The musicians are sloppy and especially the drums from Vicotnik ( who would later shift solely to guitar) are very untight.

I can´t recommend this album to prog heads at all. If you´re curious about Dødheimsgard try their two latest albums instead as they are really great. 666 International and Supervillain Outcast are some of the best experimental extreme metal albums I have ever heard. I´m gonna have to give Kronet til Konge 1 star though as I really think this is a poor effort. Not recommendable to anyone else but fans of the early norwegian black metal scene.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#163972) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, March 15, 2008

3 stars Dodheimsgard was the formation of Aldrahn and Vicotnik, two members of the Norwegian black metal realm. With assistance from DarkThrone drummer Fenriz on bass guitar, the debut Kronet Til Konge was released on Malicious Records in 1995. The music is fairly standard black metal of the Norwegian ... (read more)

Report this review (#86074) | Posted by bleak | Monday, August 07, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of DODHEIMSGARD "Kronet Til Konge"