LIVE AT NEARFEST 2000

Good, but non-essential

Buy NEXUS Music
Live, released in 2002

1. The Awakening (2:56)
2. Beyond the limit (4:13)
3. Condemned (7:58)
4. The Spiral (3:18)
5. Endless dream (7:03)
6. Keyboard solo (5:51)
7. Metanoia (9:23)
8. Symbols in the sky (13:01)
9. The last ritual / Final condemned (6:36)
10. Age of unreason (7:54)

Recorded live at Bethiehem Pennsylvania USA in June 18th 2000

- Luis Nakamura / drums, percussion
- Daniel Ianniruberto / bass, backing vocals
- Mariela Gonzalez / lead vocals

Label: PROG MEDIA Records / Licensed by RECORD RUNNER

Thanks to cokus for the addition
and to acolyte for the last updates

NEXUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy NEXUS Live at Nearfest 2000 Music

Live At Nearfest 2000Live At Nearfest 2000
Prog Media Records

More places to buy NEXUS music online Buy NEXUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for NEXUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

NEXUS Live at Nearfest 2000 ratings distribution

NEXUS Live at Nearfest 2000 reviews

Review by lor68
2 stars Well, usually We judge the grandeur- as well as the skill and powerful performance regarding a prog band- on the basis of a great execution and a remarkable "coreography" live on stage...while here- apart from the poor mix- I'm a little bit disturbed by the keyboard-player, as it seems He tries to emulate Keith Emerson only (sometimes almost stealing some sampling tunes and the typical approach at the organ by the English artist) and remain not satisfied also when the ouptut is so different from the performance at the Recording Studio. In fact, when I think of their best album "Metanoia" I'm a little perplex about their execution live, especially because They are not able to add anything new or really astonishing in the solos...probably such defect is due to the fact They don't perform so many recordings live (this is their unique album recorded on stage that I know). Instead I'm satisfied when I listen to the female vocalist (as much good as She's in her performance with Nexus within the Studio albums), even though I can't hear almost anything of what She' singing during her "act", perhaps because the bad mix of the present live recording is able to ruin her vocalims a bit!!.

Nevermind at the end, if a fun of the band can appreciate a number of classics regarding them, but in my opinion They are too much 70's oriented also in the sound, even though it could be a minor defect for the "die-hard" fans of this Argentinian ensemble...ok I prefer another South American band (especially live), called "Sagrado Coracao da Terra", which is perfect during their gigs (this time a Brazilian group), but I quite appreciate Nexus as well!!

Non-essential, but good product that should be re-mastered once again, in my opinion!!

Send comments to lor68 (BETA) | Report this review (#291879) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 25, 2010

5 stars Live at Nearfest 2000 is the last part of the brilliant Nexus trilogy with female vocals by Mariela Gonzalez. It gives us a thorough insight of how good the band really are, since in all their albums they claim not to use computer and sequencing devices to boost their playing quality. So here we can ... (read more)

Report this review (#754719) | Posted by Life Line Project | Friday, May 18, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of NEXUS "Live at Nearfest 2000"