LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1987

1. Wake Up * (1:40)
2. Light My Fire (8:15)
3. Unknown Soldier (4:14)
4. A Little Game * (1:20)
5. The Hill Dwellers * (2:21)
6. Spanish Caravan (1:19)

* From "The Celebration of the Lizard"

Total Time 18: 29

CD bonus track
7. Light My Fire (Edit of live version) (2:57)

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl lyrics

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

LP Elektra (1987)

CD Elektra 960741-2 (1987)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
Strange DaysStrange Days
Soft ParadeSoft Parade
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
THE BEST OF THE DOORS--19 SONGS--2 CD'S--L@@K US $3.95 [0 bids]
37m 40s
CHEAP CDS The Doors "Live Absolutely" CD US $14.94 Buy It Now 39m 33s
Charlie Rich: Behind Closed Doors LP NM Canada Epic PE 32247 US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h
Budweiser true music action doors down mint tee t-shirt US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Budweiser true music 02 action doors down mint tee t-shirt US $18.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
THE DOORS-MORRISON HOTEL-JAPAN CD C45 US $19.50 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Sweet Little Band - Babies Go The Doors CD US $17.52 Buy It Now 1h 33m
THE DOORS Music Sticker LOGO VINYL STICKER US $4.66 Buy It Now 1h 49m
Musical Body: Vitalizer - Open the Doors to Your, David Ison, New US $5.97 Buy It Now 1h 58m
DOORS, VAN HALEN, U2, THREE RECORD DEAL VINYL LP'S US $36.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
The Doors - The Doors (CD 1988) US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 26m
The Doors Greatest Hits (Cassette, 1980, Elecktra) US $2.99 [0 bids]
SECRET AFFAIR - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS LP US $13.43 Buy It Now 3h 9m
The Doors - Waiting For The Sun - Sealed UK 180g Vinyl LP k US $21.77 Buy It Now 3h 26m
THE DOORS - ABSOLUTELY FREE - ELEKTRA EKS-9002 - 1970 - DOUBLE GATEFOLD US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
THE DOORS - MORRISON HOTEL - ELEKTRA EKS-75007 - US $33.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
ASTRAL DOORS-JERUSALEM-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $30.99 Buy It Now 3h 50m
DOORS ABSOLUTELY LIVE 1970 RARE UK PRESSING DBL LP US $25.82 Buy It Now 3h 56m
DOORS ABSOLUTELY LIVE RARE EXYU PRESSING DBL LP US $18.44 Buy It Now 3h 56m
DOORS AN OLIVER STONE FILM 1991 HUNGARIAN PRESS MINT LP US $55.34 Buy It Now 3h 56m
DOORS L.A. WOMAN 1971 RARE UK PRESSING LP US $25.82 Buy It Now 3h 56m
DOORS RIDERS ON THE STORM/CHANGELING RARE SPANISH 7"PS US $61.49 Buy It Now 3h 57m
DOORS STAR COLLECTION 1972 RARE EXYU PRESSING NMINT LP US $36.89 Buy It Now 3h 57m
DOORS STAR COLLECTION VOL.2 RARE EXYU PRESSING LP US $25.82 Buy It Now 3h 57m
The Best of the Doors Vinyl LP Album 1973 Classics US $4.99 [2 bids]
RARE JAPAN PROMO ONLY LP DOORS RIDERS ON THE STORM & LOVE HER MADLY Jackson Five US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 6m
THE DOORS - ABSOLUTELY LIVE [THE DOORS] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $14.93 Buy It Now 4h 11m
DOORS-S/T-JAPAN ISSUE +OBI 16PI-2344 US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
3 THREE DOORS DOWN Seventeen Days CD NEW US $11.68 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Jimmy Caravan Hey Jude Beatles Doors OtisRedding covers IsaacHayes organ soul US $9.99 [0 bids]
Doors L.A. Woman Vinyl New US $40.12 Buy It Now 4h 18m
3 DOORS DOWN LOGO CD DVD WALLET NEW OFFICIAL AWAY SUN US $16.79 Buy It Now 4h 18m
BEHIND CLOSED DOORS by CHARLIE RICH 8 Track Tape US $3.99 [0 bids]
Latvian Lp - the DOORS Archive LATVIA - Melodiya RIGA SF - Lettland 1988 US $29.90 Buy It Now 4h 25m
THE DOORS Audio Music Cassette US $4.99 [0 bids]
Soundtrack - Doors [Original ] (Original , 1991) US $5.03 Buy It Now 4h 31m
THE DOORS MOSAIC 35" BY 25" WALL POSTER JIM MORRISON US $19.31 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Doors - 45 - Light My Fire & The Crystal Ship US $2.25 [8 bids]
THE DOORS THE DOORS GERMAN CASSETTE TAPE US $8.40 Buy It Now 4h 50m
THE DOORS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE US $8.40 Buy It Now 4h 50m
THE DOORS - Hello I Love You / Love Street - 1968 UK ELEKTRA 7" Vinyl Single EX US $5.77 [3 bids]
THE DOORS L.A. WOMAN AUSTRALIAN CASSETTE TAPE LA US $8.40 Buy It Now 5h
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors NEW PRICE US $6.50 Buy It Now 5h
The String Quartet Tribute to 3 Doors Down Various Artists CD US $15.73 Buy It Now 5h 3m
DOORS/L.A.WOMAN/LP/UK/THE NUMBERED AND LIMITED HMV CLASSIC COLLECTION/BRAND NEW US $20.50 [18 bids]
ERIC KLOSS "Doors" orig '83 Muse LP (neal creque...VG++) US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 12m
Michael McClure/Ray Manzarek Love Lion CD *SEALED RARE Oop 1993 US Ver The Doors US $39.95 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Jim Morrison / The Doors "Live At The Hollywood Bowl" Elektra 1987 SEALED US $29.95 Buy It Now 5h 30m
"GREATEST HITS" DOORS CASSETTE VG+ US $2.74 Buy It Now 5h 30m
THE DOORS VERY BEST SEALED CD GREATEST HITS 20 SONGS US $5.51 Buy It Now 5h 32m
doors vinyl album very good condition US $6.99 [0 bids]
Doors "Morrison Hotel" Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
DOORS - LA WOMAN: 40TH ANNIVERSARY NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 5h 41m
DOORS - MORRISON HOTEL NEW CD US $8.96 Buy It Now 5h 41m
DOORS Strange Days Remastered CD NEW US $11.68 Buy It Now 5h 44m
The Doors CDs REMASTER & EXTENDED 19 Best 1967-83 Jim Morrison 2 Disc Set 1985 US $4.99 [0 bids]
TIM BURGESS Doors Of Then (Factory Floor) SIGNED 12" LTD single #3/50 Charlatans US $4.81 [3 bids]
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS CASSETTE US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
CHARLIE RICH - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS 1973 lp album VINYL records VINTAGE US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
The Doors Elektra 45726 Love Her Madly and Don't Go No Further US $4.50 Buy It Now 6h 2m
In Concert by The Doors (CD, May-1991, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $6.50 [7 bids]
Lot Of 6 CD's Rod Stewart, Doors more US $10.00 [0 bids]
Lot Of 6 CD's Rod Stewart, Doors more US $10.00 [0 bids]
DOORS WAITING FOR THE SUN , ITALIAN LP VINYL US $26.00 Buy It Now 6h 17m
CD Doors, The - The Doors Are Open (Rare, Manufact. Only In Brazil) NEW US $24.99 [0 bids]
The Doors / Stoned Immaculate 1985 - 2000 Lot of 2 CDs Jim Morrison US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 19m
THE DOORS-WEIRD SCENES INSIDE THE GOLD MINE. VG++ CONDITION. US $25.89 [0 bids]
3 Doors Down CD The Better Life FAST FREE POSTAGE US $6.71 Buy It Now 6h 26m
THE DOORS KEYRING US $6.08 Buy It Now 6h 29m
DOORS-LIGHT MY FIRE-JAPAN ISSUE 7" US $44.99 Buy It Now 6h 32m
3 Doors Down CD The Better Life cd 1469 US $0.99 Buy It Now 6h 40m
The DOORS SONGBOOK, 'THE BEST OF THE DOORS' WORDS & MUSIC,INCL LIGHT MY FIRE US $20.17 Buy It Now 6h 40m
Live at the Bowl 68 The Doors CD Sealed ! New ! 2012 US $10.08 Buy It Now 6h 41m
Doors Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine AMBER 2LP Record Store Day RSD14 US $76.00 [4 bids]
lot of 125 mixed cassette tapes molly hatchet lynyrd skynyrd jethro tull doors s US $51.08 [3 bids]
THE DOORS - RESURRECTION - RARE AWESOME LIVE SHOWS - 2 LP'S - NEAR MINT!! US $37.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
The Doors by Doors (The) (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 50m
EDIE ADAMS Behind Those Swingin' Doors DECCA NM/NM- US $6.50 Buy It Now 6h 50m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars Like YES`"9012Live-The Solos" EP, this live EP was released to promote the VHS video from a concert, in this case, The Doors`concert at the Hollywood Bowl in July 5, 1968.

I have not seen the video yet, but only a videoclip from "Light My Fire".

"Wake Up", "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are parts of "The Celebration of the Lizard", a "Drama in Rock" big song which first appeared in the "Absolute Live" album in 1970, and the lyrics of this musical piece appeared in the gatefold cover of the "Waiting for the Sun" album. They sound as "first playings" of these parts outside of "The Celebration...", and IMO, they are a bit noisy, and better played in the full "The Celebration..." from "Absolutely Live".

"Light My Fire" is a good live version. The videoclip that I saw on TV showed how Morrison could handle very well the public. I prefer the live version fom the "Alive She Cried" album.

"Unknown Soldier" is a very good live version, inlcluding the sounds of guns shootings (done hitting the amplifiers). There are some photos from this song played live, and they show how good was Morrison acting the lyrics of the songs. I could consider him as an influence for Peter Gabriel / Genesis, Alice Cooper and other musicians who also "acted" the music and lyrics on stage.

"Spanish Caravan" is played incomplete after the brief "drama" of "The Hill Dwellers". It sounds good, but leaves me wanting to hear the complete song.

Like a "first audio taste" of the video, this brief EP satisfies the aim of the record / video labels: I still want to see the full concert video.

The only song from this EP which was included in the "In Concert" CD package was "Unknown Soldier".

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#105488) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Review by memowakeman
2 stars The last before the best!

This is another live album which is actually an EP and probably every Doors´lover should know it, the previous reviewer pointed out correctly that the release of this short EP was in order to promote the Video of the Concert Live at the Hollywood Bowl, but this is not the whole concert, only a few parts of it were taken to this EP.

Only 6 songs and 20 minutes of nice The Doors music, but actually we could divide it in two halves, because 3 of them are actually parts from the main poem "The Celebration of the Lizard" you know it is divided in several parts of pieces, here you will find "Wake Up" as the opener song, "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are the other Lizard´s parts taken to this EP, it´s only a kind of a proof of the poem and the hollywood´s concert performance.

The other songs here are "Light my Fire", "Unknown Soldier" which was taken to their best Liv album /comipllation (In Concert) and an awful one minute proof of Spanish Caravan as the final song.

This was then only a promotional EP, a proof of the main Video, so i honestly don´t recommend this particularly, i would recommend the Video itself, this is only for fans and deserves only 2 stars, actually 1.8.

Probably this is my shortest review, but next to it you will find as i said above their best live compilation!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#108862) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 25, 2007

Review by Seyo
2 stars This mini-LP obviously serves a purpose of introducing fans to the video release of the famous L.A. concert of July 1968. And while the video footage is essential watching if you wish to take a glimpse of THE DOORS magic on stage, this live album is just a particle of that show. And not the best one. Several dispersed pieces of "Celebration of the Lizard", a truncated version of "Spanish Caravan" and poor performance of "Light My Fire" (Krieger missed quite a few notes here!) don't make this record justified. Only "Unknown Soldier" stands out - but then again, you should get the entire show on video/DVD, therefore "Live at Hollywood Bowl" makes sense only for THE DOORS completists. * 1/2

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#109314) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 29, 2007

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars About a year ago I went to the store where I usually get my CD's and bought a couple, so the owner told me that being a good customer I could take one album from a special section for free, I checked it and only could find a decent one THE DOORS "Live at Hollywood Bowl", and since I didn't had any of their live albums went for it, at the end it cost me nothing.

I'm a Doors fan but this album was a total disappointment, bad recording, worst sound (In their attempt of cleaning the audience noise they took great part of the high ranges) and the selection is one of the worst I have ever seen.

The album starts with "Wake Up", 1:40 minutes of Jim Morrison in one of his sad attempts of being a poet, simply boring, if I want to listen somebody cursing and shouting, I will visit one of ex girlfriends.

There's no Doors album without "Light My Fire", so they play a extended version, this track might be overplayed (As a fact it is) but has the virtue to never tire me, the voice of Jim even being absolutely wasted was awesome, the instrumental section by Ray Manzarek on his Farfisa organ is incredible as always, I can't get how he was able to get such great sound of this instrument that sounded totally metallic like a toy kit, the man is a genius. "Light My Fire" is a track that I almost always (I'll explain why the almost at the end of the review) listen with extreme pleasure, even this almost 9 minutes version.

"Unknown Soldier" sounds great also, very psyche and hallucinating, Jim's almost narrative style is perfect for the track, and again Ray working directly John Densmore is outstanding, it's obvious as the concert advances that Morrison is getting higher and the quality of the voice suffers a bit.

"A Little Game" is another chance for Jim to babble while his physical and mental condition is deteriorating, terrible, but it lasts only 1:20 minutes.

"The Hill Owellers" is in the same vein, by this point you can hardly understand what Jim is reciting (Not even attempts to sing), two fillers, one after the other is already too much despite it's also very short.

"Spanish Caravan" is simply a relieve, the whole band is better than ever, as they get stronger Jim gets worst, but who cares as long as it sounds well or at least decent.

The album ends with..An edited version of "Light My Fire" (Now you understand why I said almost), they chosen the moments when Jim sounds better but deleted most of the wonderful jamming that is the central point of interest, just a filler for us not to feel robbed by a 21 minutes album.

Sorry, I love The Doors, but this album is a waste of money, the only way I would have got it was for free, and that's precisely how I got it.

Two stars, only for hardcore fans.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#132997) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Post a review of THE DOORS "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"