LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1987

1. Wake Up * (1:40)
2. Light My Fire (8:15)
3. Unknown Soldier (4:14)
4. A Little Game * (1:20)
5. The Hill Dwellers * (2:21)
6. Spanish Caravan (1:19)

* From "The Celebration of the Lizard"

Total Time 18: 29

CD bonus track
7. Light My Fire (Edit of live version) (2:57)

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl lyrics

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

LP Elektra (1987)

CD Elektra 960741-2 (1987)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
DoorsDoors
Strange DaysStrange Days
Soft ParadeSoft Parade
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
Rhino 2007
3 Doors Down - Another 700 Miles 7 Track Live EP CD Single US $7.41 Buy It Now 29m 45s
3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun 4 Track CD Single US $7.41 Buy It Now 32m 12s
THE DOORS - THE DOORS ORIGINAL CASSETTE/ MINT CONDITION / RAY MANZAREK/R KREIGER US $20.24 [0 bids]
32m 13s
ELTON JOHN - GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD CASSETTE MINT COND/ BEATLES /THE DOORS US $18.04 [0 bids]
34m 5s
DOOBIE BROTHERS-STAMPEDE CASSETTE MINT COND / THE EAGLES / THE DOORS / YES US $12.74 [0 bids]
34m 32s
The Doors ~ Boot Yer Butt! - CD Disc #3 - 17 Tracks US $63.47 Buy It Now 36m 34s
UNIVERSAL SMACH HITS 18 SUPER TRACKS / 3 DOORS DOWN /BRAIN McN\KNIGHT/SONIQUE US $12.04 [0 bids]
38m 34s
The DOORS - Go Insane - RARE CD!! - Live 1967 - Italy Pressing US $24.99 [0 bids]
42m 21s
Complete Studio Recordings by The Doors (CD, Nov-1999, 7 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $109.99 Buy It Now 43m 43s
THE DOORS-1st Original MONO Uncensured 1967 EKL-4007 WAX IS GLOSSY US $185.00 Buy It Now 50m 47s
The Doors Special Edition DVD Movie An Oliver Stone Film US $10.00 Buy It Now 51m 6s
Bobby Rich Only Love Can Unlock Prison Doors private xian christian gospel LP US $6.60 Buy It Now 53m 15s
3 DOORS DOWN Away from the Sun 2003 [1 TRACK] US PROMO CD US $1.99 Buy It Now 58m 48s
Legacy: The Absolute Best by The Doors (CD, Aug-2003, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $23.88 [0 bids]
59m 54s
The Doors - The Very Best Of (40th Anniversary) NEW CD US $19.38 Buy It Now 59m 58s
Doors - L.a Woman (remastered & Expanded) NEW CD US $10.33 Buy It Now 1h
THE DOORS Self Titled First LP GOLD LABEL Large E US $9.99 [2 bids]
The Doors Lp The Soft Parade Elektra records US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 7m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $1.99 [0 bids]
BLONDIE Vs THE DOORS Rapture Riders 2006 UK 2-trk promo test CD US $6.74 Buy It Now 1h 15m
out of doors record US $3.79 [0 bids]
3 Doors Down by 3 Doors Down (CD, May-2008, Universal Republic) US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
3 Doors Down - The Better Life (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Morrison Hotel [Remaster] by Doors (The) (CD, Jul-2000, Wea/East/West) NEW US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
L.A. Woman - Doors The CD Sealed ! New ! US $8.80 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Strangers/Swinging Doors and Bottle Let Me Down 2ON1-MERLE HAGGARD NEW SEALED CD US $11.98 Buy It Now 1h 33m
The Cranberries : Doors And Windows - CD-Rom US $4.93 Buy It Now 1h 36m
THE EDITORS Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors Limited 7 Inch Vinyl Single US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 37m
THE DOORS L.A. Woman: The Workshop Sessions LIMITED EDITION 180G VINYL LP US $50.69 Buy It Now 1h 37m
ASTRAL DOORS "Evil Is Forever" rare PROMO CD 2004 Heavy Metal Blind Guardian US $6.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Robby Krieger Ray Manzarek Rare Authentic Hand Signed Vinyl Lp Record US $599.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
THE DOORS **STRANGE DAYS **BRAND NEW 180 GRAM RECORD LP VINYL US $26.96 Buy It Now 2h
The Doors Waiting for the Sun Elektra Red Lable Limited Edition LP EX US $9.99 [0 bids]
2h
BUTTS BAND Hear & Now! '75 ABC/ Blue Thumb x DOORS Densmore & Krieger M- US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Morrison Hotel - Doors The CD Remastered Bonus Tracks US $8.80 Buy It Now 2h 4m
THE DOORS - Perception [Rhino, Box Set] including 6 CD/6 DVD-A, RARE! US $99.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS L. A. WOMAN DCC GOLD CD SEALED ! US $699.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
The Doors "Strange Days" Vinyl Record Album Excellent Condition Plastic Protect US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 16m
3 DOORS DOWN - AWAY FROM THE SUN CD & DVD Limited Edition Very Good US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
STARKEY Open the Pod Bay Doors 12" NEW VINYL Ninja Tune US $13.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Doors - Love Me Two Times/ Moonlight Drive Radio Only Promo 12" Vinyl LP Record US $45.00 [0 bids]
The Best of the Doors [2000] by The Doors (CD, Sep-2000, 1 Disc, WEA... US $4.27 Buy It Now 2h 24m
The Doors: Morrison Hotel CD (1970,1988) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Open Doors for Strangers by Nuffsedd 180 (CD, May-2004, Goofy Foot Records) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Myron & E With Soul Investigators, The - Behind Closed Doors 7" US $11.75 Buy It Now 2h 30m
The Doors L.A. Woman DCC Gold Audiophile CD Sealed US $299.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
EUROPE Rock The Night 7" Ps, B/W Seven Doors Hotel, Eur 1 US $6.74 Buy It Now 2h 37m
EUROPE Rock The Night 7" Unique Ps, Dutch Issue, B/W Seven Doors Hotel, Epc 650 US $8.43 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Live at the Bowl '68 [Digipak] by The Doors (Promo) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Jim Morrison & The Doors "An American Prayer" CD (Elektra 1995 USA) US $9.99 [1 bids]
PICKIN ON 3 DOORS DOWN: DOWN TO THIS / VARIOUS NEW CD US $24.60 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Chakra- Doors 12" US $10.56 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Waiting for the Sun by The Doors (CD, Jul-2012, Elektra (Label)) US $2.58 Buy It Now 3h 8m
The Doors L.A. Woman Workshop Sessions 2 x LP Etched 180 Vinyl Record Morrison US $19.99 [0 bids]
Strange Days - Doors The CD Bonus Tracks Remastered US $8.80 Buy It Now 3h 11m
The Doors - Strange Days - DCC Gold Audiophile CD - GZS-1026 US $24.50 [2 bids]
JIM MORRISON of the Doors THE GHOST SONG/INTERVIEW promo only cd single US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
Excellent Vinyl - 1971 EKS-75017 - The Doors - Other Voices US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
The Doors - Morrison Hotel Vinyl Lp Record W/Gatefold VG++ US $5.99 [1 bids]
`Noir Paranoic` THE DOORS Art Print Typography Song Lyrics Signed Wall Poster US $8.43 [0 bids]
HIP POCKET RECORDS. TOMMY JAMES, VAN MORRISON,THE FALLEN ANGELS, THE DOORS. LOOK US $2.99 [0 bids]
Charlie Rich "Behind Closed Doors" LP 1972 US $7.19 Buy It Now 3h 39m
HIP POCKET RECORDS. TOMMY JAMES, NEIL DIAMOND,THE FALLEN ANGELS, THE DOORS. LOOK US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Doors **The Best of the Doors** 2-Disk Set 1985 first pressing- MINT US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
The Very Best of the Doors by The Doors (CD, Sep-2007, 2 Discs) US $9.95 [0 bids]
5 CD George Winston New Age Piano Classical inc. Doors, + 1 Taliesin Orch Trib US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Morrison Hotel by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) ORIGINAL ISSUE US $3.95 Buy It Now 3h 53m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 57m
3 DOORS DOWN - Citizen/Soldier 1trk U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS175 # US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
THE DOORS "The Best of the Doors" Elektra/9 60345-2 2 CD Set (CD,1985) US $11.99 Buy It Now 4h
Catherine King Windows & Doors CD US $4.02 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Doors nice ex LP Alive She Cried US $9.75 Buy It Now 4h 11m
Doors sealed GF LP Other Voices US $24.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
"Behind Closed Doors" By Charlie Rich For Epic Records-1973- Excellent Plus-WOW US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors - L.A. Woman - 1971 Japan Audiophile LP - NEAR MINT! US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
THE DOORS - TOUCH ME / WILD CHILD - ORIGINAL ELEKTRA RECORDS 45 VG US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
The Best Of DOORS LP 1973 EQ-5035 US $9.99 [0 bids]
RICHIE ALLBRIGHT - KICKIN DOWN THE DOORS NEW CD US $26.13 Buy It Now 4h 37m
THE DOORS - The Mosquito / It Slipped My Mind - 1972 VG++ CANADA PRESSING US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
THE DOORS LP "STRANGE DAYS" ORIGINAL ELEKTRA GOLD LABEL MONO VG+VG++ US $26.00 [10 bids]
THE DOORS OTHER VOICES FIRST PRESS GATEFOLD LP RECORD 1971 US $2.99 [0 bids]
DOORS LA WOMAN LP ELEKTRA NM Embossed Window Crucifix Jim Morrison L. A. US $29.99 [0 bids]
Sunday Drive: Doors Open Wide ~ NEW CD (1999, Diadem/Reunion Records (USA) US $10.16 Buy It Now 4h 44m
the doors lp alive she cried 60269-1 vg/vg+ US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 46m
The Doors - Light My Fire / The Crystal Ship (VG) 1967 #1413 US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 46m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra (Label US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
The Doors The Soft Parade Original EKS-75005 1st Pressing Record Album NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
5h
THE DOORS ~ WAITING FOR THE SUN ~ ORIG 1968 EKS-74024 TAN LABEL ? RAY MANZAREK US $66.00 Buy It Now 5h 5m
THE DOORS "TIGHTROPE RIDE" WHITE LABEL PROMO 45 NEVER PLAYED! US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
THE DOORS self titled Elektra Red Label NM- disc Lp US $12.26 [0 bids]
45 rpm RE-Doors-Light My Fire/ Love Me Two Times US $2.50 [0 bids]
The Clash " Clash City Rockers/Jail Guitar Doors " 7" 1978 CBS Import US $6.00 [0 bids]
L@@K huge classic rock record lp lot (51) Led Zeppelin I II II~Cream~Doors~Bowie US $90.00 [9 bids]
Doors, Complete Studio Recordings Audio CD US $107.99 Buy It Now 5h 31m
The Doors - Riders On The Storm / Changeling - Elektra EKS-45738 45 RPM US $7.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Felt Forum 1-17-70 2nd Show Cassette Bootleg US $5.00 [0 bids]
The Doors Absolutely Live CD 1996 classic rock jim morrison concert US $8.00 [0 bids]
Elvis Behind Closed Doors 4 LP Bix Of Studio And Concert Masters from 1962 -1972 US $39.95 Buy It Now 5h 40m
The Doors CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
CHARLIE RICH "BEHIND CLOSED DOORS" LP 1973 EXC!! US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 42m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars Like YES`"9012Live-The Solos" EP, this live EP was released to promote the VHS video from a concert, in this case, The Doors`concert at the Hollywood Bowl in July 5, 1968.

I have not seen the video yet, but only a videoclip from "Light My Fire".

"Wake Up", "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are parts of "The Celebration of the Lizard", a "Drama in Rock" big song which first appeared in the "Absolute Live" album in 1970, and the lyrics of this musical piece appeared in the gatefold cover of the "Waiting for the Sun" album. They sound as "first playings" of these parts outside of "The Celebration...", and IMO, they are a bit noisy, and better played in the full "The Celebration..." from "Absolutely Live".

"Light My Fire" is a good live version. The videoclip that I saw on TV showed how Morrison could handle very well the public. I prefer the live version fom the "Alive She Cried" album.

"Unknown Soldier" is a very good live version, inlcluding the sounds of guns shootings (done hitting the amplifiers). There are some photos from this song played live, and they show how good was Morrison acting the lyrics of the songs. I could consider him as an influence for Peter Gabriel / Genesis, Alice Cooper and other musicians who also "acted" the music and lyrics on stage.

"Spanish Caravan" is played incomplete after the brief "drama" of "The Hill Dwellers". It sounds good, but leaves me wanting to hear the complete song.

Like a "first audio taste" of the video, this brief EP satisfies the aim of the record / video labels: I still want to see the full concert video.

The only song from this EP which was included in the "In Concert" CD package was "Unknown Soldier".

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#105488) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Review by memowakeman
2 stars The last before the best!

This is another live album which is actually an EP and probably every Doors´lover should know it, the previous reviewer pointed out correctly that the release of this short EP was in order to promote the Video of the Concert Live at the Hollywood Bowl, but this is not the whole concert, only a few parts of it were taken to this EP.

Only 6 songs and 20 minutes of nice The Doors music, but actually we could divide it in two halves, because 3 of them are actually parts from the main poem "The Celebration of the Lizard" you know it is divided in several parts of pieces, here you will find "Wake Up" as the opener song, "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are the other Lizard´s parts taken to this EP, it´s only a kind of a proof of the poem and the hollywood´s concert performance.

The other songs here are "Light my Fire", "Unknown Soldier" which was taken to their best Liv album /comipllation (In Concert) and an awful one minute proof of Spanish Caravan as the final song.

This was then only a promotional EP, a proof of the main Video, so i honestly don´t recommend this particularly, i would recommend the Video itself, this is only for fans and deserves only 2 stars, actually 1.8.

Probably this is my shortest review, but next to it you will find as i said above their best live compilation!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#108862) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 25, 2007

Review by Seyo
2 stars This mini-LP obviously serves a purpose of introducing fans to the video release of the famous L.A. concert of July 1968. And while the video footage is essential watching if you wish to take a glimpse of THE DOORS magic on stage, this live album is just a particle of that show. And not the best one. Several dispersed pieces of "Celebration of the Lizard", a truncated version of "Spanish Caravan" and poor performance of "Light My Fire" (Krieger missed quite a few notes here!) don't make this record justified. Only "Unknown Soldier" stands out - but then again, you should get the entire show on video/DVD, therefore "Live at Hollywood Bowl" makes sense only for THE DOORS completists. * 1/2

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#109314) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 29, 2007

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars About a year ago I went to the store where I usually get my CD's and bought a couple, so the owner told me that being a good customer I could take one album from a special section for free, I checked it and only could find a decent one THE DOORS "Live at Hollywood Bowl", and since I didn't had any of their live albums went for it, at the end it cost me nothing.

I'm a Doors fan but this album was a total disappointment, bad recording, worst sound (In their attempt of cleaning the audience noise they took great part of the high ranges) and the selection is one of the worst I have ever seen.

The album starts with "Wake Up", 1:40 minutes of Jim Morrison in one of his sad attempts of being a poet, simply boring, if I want to listen somebody cursing and shouting, I will visit one of ex girlfriends.

There's no Doors album without "Light My Fire", so they play a extended version, this track might be overplayed (As a fact it is) but has the virtue to never tire me, the voice of Jim even being absolutely wasted was awesome, the instrumental section by Ray Manzarek on his Farfisa organ is incredible as always, I can't get how he was able to get such great sound of this instrument that sounded totally metallic like a toy kit, the man is a genius. "Light My Fire" is a track that I almost always (I'll explain why the almost at the end of the review) listen with extreme pleasure, even this almost 9 minutes version.

"Unknown Soldier" sounds great also, very psyche and hallucinating, Jim's almost narrative style is perfect for the track, and again Ray working directly John Densmore is outstanding, it's obvious as the concert advances that Morrison is getting higher and the quality of the voice suffers a bit.

"A Little Game" is another chance for Jim to babble while his physical and mental condition is deteriorating, terrible, but it lasts only 1:20 minutes.

"The Hill Owellers" is in the same vein, by this point you can hardly understand what Jim is reciting (Not even attempts to sing), two fillers, one after the other is already too much despite it's also very short.

"Spanish Caravan" is simply a relieve, the whole band is better than ever, as they get stronger Jim gets worst, but who cares as long as it sounds well or at least decent.

The album ends with..An edited version of "Light My Fire" (Now you understand why I said almost), they chosen the moments when Jim sounds better but deleted most of the wonderful jamming that is the central point of interest, just a filler for us not to feel robbed by a 21 minutes album.

Sorry, I love The Doors, but this album is a waste of money, the only way I would have got it was for free, and that's precisely how I got it.

Two stars, only for hardcore fans.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#132997) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Post a review of THE DOORS "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"