LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1987

1. Wake Up * (1:40)
2. Light My Fire (8:15)
3. Unknown Soldier (4:14)
4. A Little Game * (1:20)
5. The Hill Dwellers * (2:21)
6. Spanish Caravan (1:19)

* From "The Celebration of the Lizard"

Total Time 18: 29

CD bonus track
7. Light My Fire (Edit of live version) (2:57)

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl lyrics

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

LP Elektra (1987)

CD Elektra 960741-2 (1987)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl Music

The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]The Very Best of the Doors [US Version]
DoorsDoors
Strange DaysStrange Days
Waiting for the SunWaiting for the Sun
Rhino 2007
THE DOORS Japan 1991 NM Tall 3" inch CD Single LIGHT MY FIRE US $129.99 Buy It Now 29m 50s
Stoned Immaculate The Music Of The Doors Covers CD Album Advance Promo Copy US $6.99 [0 bids]
30m 2s
THE DOORS - GREATEST HITS, 5E-515 ELEKTRA US $13.25 Buy It Now 33m 49s
Acc, The Better Life, 3 Doors Down, 601215392029, US $3.98 Buy It Now 35m 54s
The Doors-"Waiting for the Sun" Japan mini lp cd US $27.00 [0 bids]
41m 17s
THE DOORS SELECTIONS FROM THE BOX SET. GREAT DOORS SONG. NM CONDITION. US $14.95 [0 bids]
48m 24s
lp Doors L.A. WOMAN 1971 EKS 75011 "See Thru Window" 1st Press Great Sound NICE US $34.95 [0 bids]
48m 53s
The Doors "THE BEST OF THE DOORS" Enhanced 2-CD Set (Orig. 2000 Release)(Mint) US $9.99 [0 bids]
48m 57s
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $0.99 [0 bids]
49m 52s
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra... US $7.99 Buy It Now 50m 22s
The Doors - Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine - Play Graded - VG+/VG+ US $11.00 [0 bids]
50m 41s
The Doors - Waiting For The Sun LP 1st Press VG+/VG++ b US $49.99 Buy It Now 1h
The Doors Other Voices 1971 G+ Elektra EKS 75017 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Doors CD Jim Morrison Shirt US $8.00 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - S/T, EKS-74007 ELEKTRA US $24.75 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Used CD The Doors - Morrison Hotel 1970 Elektra Hard Rock Cafe MAKE AN OFFER! US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
THE DOORS SINGLE 45 RECORD, WITH SLEEVE. US $11.89 Buy It Now 1h 8m
THE DOORS LIVE AT THE BOWL 1968 ARGENTINA NEW SEALED PROMO CD US $100.10 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Lot of 8 CD's - Doors, Zeppelin, Rush, Who, Ozzy, Talking Heads [classic rock] US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Rare THE DOORS MORRISON HOTEL HARD ROCK CAFE 1970 White Label PROMO LP RECORD US $92.00 [9 bids]
Morrison Hotel by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 21m
*LIKE NEW*. Another 700 Miles by 3 Doors Down CD (2003 Republic) Rock.*LIKE NEW* US $1.09 Buy It Now 1h 21m
EUROPE Rock The Night B/W Seven Doors Hotel, 7" Vinyl PS, Dutch Issue, Epc 650 US $7.99 [0 bids]
the Doors: Touch Me b/w Wild Child Elektra 45646 US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors LP Epic KE 32247 US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
3 Doors Down Away From The Sun CD Single New SS Kryptonite & When I'm Gone Live US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 32m
Six Pack Of Hits by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2008, Universal Republic) US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Doors LA Woman 1971 Elektra EKS 75011 Banned Crucified Inner Cover US $9.99 [1 bids]
The Doors Morrison Hotel Elektra LP VG+ stereo VG+ cover 1970 US $7.99 [1 bids]
Doors m- black and red LP Strange Days US $9.75 [0 bids]
Doors GF LP Morrison Hotel US $9.75 [0 bids]
Doors ex red label LP same self title US $9.75 [0 bids]
Doors ex original LP LA Woman US $24.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Light My Fire VG+++ 45 RPM REISSUE US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors 11 Track Vinyl LP US $13.38 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Doors-Strange Days-Audio CD US $8.55 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Doors-Alive, She Cried-Audio Cassette1983 Dolby Remastered US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 11m
The Doors Morrison Hotel, 1970 Gatefold original, Elektra #K 42080, UK Import US $19.99 [0 bids]
JIM MORRISON THE DOORS VOL 2 STAR COLLECTION ( DUTCH MIDI RECORDS 22008) LP/1974 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Doors, Elke Robitaille, Good US $15.59 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Connie Haines 78 Coral 60308 E+ Cond. Swingin' Doors/Everybody Knows You By Your US $5.30 [1 bids]
The Doors-Strange Days/L.A. Woman-Double Release Audio Cassette 1983 Dolby US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
45RPM Doors Changeling & Riders on the Storm 0704EL US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 30m
THE DOORS 5 LP Record LOT SELF TITLED + STRANGE DAYS + L.A. WOMAN + 13 + MORE! US $26.00 [12 bids]
The Doors - Doors (1989) US $8.10 Buy It Now 2h 44m
The Doors - Doors (1989) US $5.84 Buy It Now 2h 47m
The Doors / L.A. Woman Session Band Dialogue / NM+ 45 w PS / RSD 2011 US $22.50 Buy It Now 2h 50m
The Doors / People Are Strange / Mint 7" 45 w PS / Record Store Day 2010 US $28.80 Buy It Now 2h 50m
The Doors [200 Gram Vinyl] [z] by The Doors (Vinyl, Analogue Productions) US $325.00 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Alejandro Sanz Kenny Chesney Mary J Blige Sting 3 Doors Down CBS 2 CD Set NEW US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Waiting For The Sun Soft Parade Import Canada CD Lot US $6.99 [0 bids]
DOORS--7'-PROMO 45---(WISHFUL-SINFUL)---VG++ US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
the doors soft parade lp US $10.00 [0 bids]
the doors absolutely live US $10.00 [0 bids]
3 DOORS DOWN Wings & Stars Logo Sticker NEW OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE Rock US $4.06 Buy It Now 3h 27m
ASTRAL DOORS - JERUSALEM [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $17.45 Buy It Now 3h 27m
THE DOORS GLORIA & LOVE ME TWO TIMES 12" SINGLE UK 1983 US $18.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
3 Doors Down Away From The Sun Canada Import 2 CD Set US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Best of The Doors Canada Import 1985 First Pressing CD Box Set US $6.99 [0 bids]
Before the Doors: Live on I-5 by Soundgarden (Vinyl, Nov-2011, Universal) US $29.99 [0 bids]
3 DOORS DOWN - The Better Life (1 CD) [Universal Records Inc.] US $4.47 Buy It Now 3h 53m
The Doors "The Doors" Cassette Elektra 1967 FREE SHIPPING IN USA! US $6.00 [0 bids]
DOORS LA WOMAN LP~ORIG 1971 DIE-CUT COVER~CHRIST INNER~MORRISON~SUPER COPY! US $20.00 [0 bids]
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $4.35 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Stoned Immaculate: The Music of the Doors [ECD] (1999) Doors Tribute VG+ CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
DOORS/STRANGE DAYS LP JAPAN PROMO WHITE US $49.99 Buy It Now 4h 31m
Doors-Live in Boston1970-Bright Midnight/Rhino R2 216124-July 2007-3 Disc VG+ CD US $18.99 [0 bids]
DOORS - MORRISON HOTEL D/Rem CD w/BONUS Trx ~ JIM ROADHOUSE BLUES THE 60's *NEW* US $14.27 Buy It Now 4h 42m
The Doors Box Set [Box] by Doors (The) (CD, Oct-1997, 4 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 49m
The Doors Live At Hollywood Bowl (German) CD Cat 7559-60741-2 US $12.18 Buy It Now 4h 52m
Lot of 3 Metal Cd's.. STEVE HARRIS, CARNIFEX, 3 DOORS DOWN... VGC US $15.50 [0 bids]
lp THE DOORS "WAITING FOR THE SUN" EKS-74024 Stereo (1968) US $21.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
THE DOORS, JIM MORRISON MINT STAMP STRIPS PAIR 1 US $14.45 Buy It Now 5h 3m
THE DOORS, JIM MORRISON MINT STAMP STRIPS PAIR 2 US $14.45 Buy It Now 5h 3m
ANNABEL LAMB Once Bitten Advance US Issue LP RIDERS ON THE STORM Doors Cover 83 US $9.00 Buy It Now 5h 15m
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS A/I STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 1 US $6.32 Buy It Now 5h 31m
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS A/I STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 2 US $6.32 Buy It Now 5h 31m
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS A/I STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 3 US $6.32 Buy It Now 5h 31m
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS A/I STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 4 US $6.32 Buy It Now 5h 31m
JIM MORRISON, THE DOORS A/I STRIP OF 10 MINT STAMPS 5 US $6.32 Buy It Now 5h 31m
Jose Feliciano Covers for Beatles Doors LP ISRAEL Rare US $32.00 Buy It Now 5h 39m
THE DOORS "Absolutely Live" 1970 2 LP Set Gatefold Elektra Records VG Vinyl US $8.99 [0 bids]
Silk 'N Sand The Doors Opened Last Night / Social Security Act 45 Promo US $9.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS THE SOFT PARADE LP RECORD ELEKTRA EKS-75005 US $8.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE PIC/SLEEVE US $4.14 [2 bids]
THE DOORS - greatest hits, korea lp pressing, Korea Only and Unique Sealed US $34.99 Buy It Now 5h 56m
3 DOORS DOWN, The Better Life, BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED!!!! US $8.50 Buy It Now 6h 2m
THE DOORS LOT OF 2 VERY RARE YUGOSLAVIAN CASSETTE TAPES MORRISON HOTEL 13 US $34.00 Buy It Now 6h 29m
THE DOORS - Live When the Music's Over , korea vinyl lp Korea Only and Unique NM US $49.99 Buy It Now 6h 30m
The Doors...L.A.WOMAN...DVD-AUDIO Disc US $31.60 [0 bids]
SIMPLY THE BEST MOVIE ALBUM 2 CD U2 REM THE CORRS MADONNA THE DOORS + MORE US $4.70 Buy It Now 6h 40m
THE DOORS 13 - Vinyl LP - Elektra EKS 74079 US $0.99 [0 bids]
7h
THE BEST OF THE DOORS US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 34m
THE DOORS JIM MORRISON AN AMERICAN PRAYER ISRAELI LP HEBREW ELEKTRA ROCK VINYL US $30.00 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Phobia of Doors, Fred Ones, Good US $5.74 Buy It Now 7h 44m
L.A. Woman [LP] by Doors (The) (Vinyl, Sep-2009, Rhino Records USA) 180 gram US $25.21 Buy It Now 8h
THE DOORS ALIVE SHE CRIED ISRAELI LP HEBREW PRINT ELEKTRA 1983 PSYCH ROCK VINYL US $25.00 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Rock Roll Music Record ALBUM ~THE DOORS~ Vintage Vinyl Disc LP QUADRAPHONIC 1973 US $44.95 [0 bids]

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars Like YES`"9012Live-The Solos" EP, this live EP was released to promote the VHS video from a concert, in this case, The Doors`concert at the Hollywood Bowl in July 5, 1968.

I have not seen the video yet, but only a videoclip from "Light My Fire".

"Wake Up", "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are parts of "The Celebration of the Lizard", a "Drama in Rock" big song which first appeared in the "Absolute Live" album in 1970, and the lyrics of this musical piece appeared in the gatefold cover of the "Waiting for the Sun" album. They sound as "first playings" of these parts outside of "The Celebration...", and IMO, they are a bit noisy, and better played in the full "The Celebration..." from "Absolutely Live".

"Light My Fire" is a good live version. The videoclip that I saw on TV showed how Morrison could handle very well the public. I prefer the live version fom the "Alive She Cried" album.

"Unknown Soldier" is a very good live version, inlcluding the sounds of guns shootings (done hitting the amplifiers). There are some photos from this song played live, and they show how good was Morrison acting the lyrics of the songs. I could consider him as an influence for Peter Gabriel / Genesis, Alice Cooper and other musicians who also "acted" the music and lyrics on stage.

"Spanish Caravan" is played incomplete after the brief "drama" of "The Hill Dwellers". It sounds good, but leaves me wanting to hear the complete song.

Like a "first audio taste" of the video, this brief EP satisfies the aim of the record / video labels: I still want to see the full concert video.

The only song from this EP which was included in the "In Concert" CD package was "Unknown Soldier".

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#105488) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Review by memowakeman
2 stars The last before the best!

This is another live album which is actually an EP and probably every Doors´lover should know it, the previous reviewer pointed out correctly that the release of this short EP was in order to promote the Video of the Concert Live at the Hollywood Bowl, but this is not the whole concert, only a few parts of it were taken to this EP.

Only 6 songs and 20 minutes of nice The Doors music, but actually we could divide it in two halves, because 3 of them are actually parts from the main poem "The Celebration of the Lizard" you know it is divided in several parts of pieces, here you will find "Wake Up" as the opener song, "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are the other Lizard´s parts taken to this EP, it´s only a kind of a proof of the poem and the hollywood´s concert performance.

The other songs here are "Light my Fire", "Unknown Soldier" which was taken to their best Liv album /comipllation (In Concert) and an awful one minute proof of Spanish Caravan as the final song.

This was then only a promotional EP, a proof of the main Video, so i honestly don´t recommend this particularly, i would recommend the Video itself, this is only for fans and deserves only 2 stars, actually 1.8.

Probably this is my shortest review, but next to it you will find as i said above their best live compilation!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#108862) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 25, 2007

Review by Seyo
2 stars This mini-LP obviously serves a purpose of introducing fans to the video release of the famous L.A. concert of July 1968. And while the video footage is essential watching if you wish to take a glimpse of THE DOORS magic on stage, this live album is just a particle of that show. And not the best one. Several dispersed pieces of "Celebration of the Lizard", a truncated version of "Spanish Caravan" and poor performance of "Light My Fire" (Krieger missed quite a few notes here!) don't make this record justified. Only "Unknown Soldier" stands out - but then again, you should get the entire show on video/DVD, therefore "Live at Hollywood Bowl" makes sense only for THE DOORS completists. * 1/2

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#109314) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 29, 2007

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars About a year ago I went to the store where I usually get my CD's and bought a couple, so the owner told me that being a good customer I could take one album from a special section for free, I checked it and only could find a decent one THE DOORS "Live at Hollywood Bowl", and since I didn't had any of their live albums went for it, at the end it cost me nothing.

I'm a Doors fan but this album was a total disappointment, bad recording, worst sound (In their attempt of cleaning the audience noise they took great part of the high ranges) and the selection is one of the worst I have ever seen.

The album starts with "Wake Up", 1:40 minutes of Jim Morrison in one of his sad attempts of being a poet, simply boring, if I want to listen somebody cursing and shouting, I will visit one of ex girlfriends.

There's no Doors album without "Light My Fire", so they play a extended version, this track might be overplayed (As a fact it is) but has the virtue to never tire me, the voice of Jim even being absolutely wasted was awesome, the instrumental section by Ray Manzarek on his Farfisa organ is incredible as always, I can't get how he was able to get such great sound of this instrument that sounded totally metallic like a toy kit, the man is a genius. "Light My Fire" is a track that I almost always (I'll explain why the almost at the end of the review) listen with extreme pleasure, even this almost 9 minutes version.

"Unknown Soldier" sounds great also, very psyche and hallucinating, Jim's almost narrative style is perfect for the track, and again Ray working directly John Densmore is outstanding, it's obvious as the concert advances that Morrison is getting higher and the quality of the voice suffers a bit.

"A Little Game" is another chance for Jim to babble while his physical and mental condition is deteriorating, terrible, but it lasts only 1:20 minutes.

"The Hill Owellers" is in the same vein, by this point you can hardly understand what Jim is reciting (Not even attempts to sing), two fillers, one after the other is already too much despite it's also very short.

"Spanish Caravan" is simply a relieve, the whole band is better than ever, as they get stronger Jim gets worst, but who cares as long as it sounds well or at least decent.

The album ends with..An edited version of "Light My Fire" (Now you understand why I said almost), they chosen the moments when Jim sounds better but deleted most of the wonderful jamming that is the central point of interest, just a filler for us not to feel robbed by a 21 minutes album.

Sorry, I love The Doors, but this album is a waste of money, the only way I would have got it was for free, and that's precisely how I got it.

Two stars, only for hardcore fans.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#132997) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Post a review of THE DOORS "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"