LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Buy THE DOORS Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1987

1. Wake Up * (1:40)
2. Light My Fire (8:15)
3. Unknown Soldier (4:14)
4. A Little Game * (1:20)
5. The Hill Dwellers * (2:21)
6. Spanish Caravan (1:19)

* From "The Celebration of the Lizard"

Total Time 18: 29

CD bonus track
7. Light My Fire (Edit of live version) (2:57)

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl lyrics

Search THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl tabs

- Ray Manzarek / keyboards
- Jim Morrison / vocals
- John Densmore / drums
- Robby Krieger / guitar

LP Elektra (1987)

CD Elektra 960741-2 (1987)

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

THE DOORS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl Music

CollectionCollection
Box set · Import
WARNER BROS UK 2011
Doors 45 "Love Her Madly / Don't Go On Further" US $6.99 Buy It Now 36m 19s
The Best of the Doors [1985] by The Doors CDs 2 box set Discs, Elektra Label US $4.00 [0 bids]
43m 39s
THE DOORS / SOFT PARADE EKS 75005 1971 press US $17.99 Buy It Now 46m 49s
WASHINGTON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS Soundtrack LP - 1977 Orig. ABC US $6.00 Buy It Now 57m 43s
"THE BEST OF THE DOORS" ELEKTRA RECORDS 7559-62558 3-150 GRAM LPs + BONUS LP US $85.00 Buy It Now 1h 22m
THE DOORS Live At The Matrix 2CD BRAND NEW San Francisco March 7 US $18.47 Buy It Now 1h 30m
The Best of the Doors [1985] by Doors (The) (CD, Nov-2000, 2 Discs, Elektra) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
THE DOORS "Morrison Hotel" Elektra/EKS 75007-2 (CD,1988) US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
KID ACNE SLIDING DOORS 12" US $11.25 Buy It Now 1h 49m
THE DOORS BREAK ON THROUGH RARE USA ONE TRK ELEKTRA PROMO CD SINGLE PRCD 8314-2 US $9.75 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Doors Greatest Hits Vinyl LP Album! US $6.00 [4 bids]
DOORS 13 ( rock ) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
3 Doors Down - Be Like That x3 - 2001 U.S. PROMO cd -RARE! US $9.72 Buy It Now 2h 20m
THE DOORS GREATEST HITS ELEKTRA WITH ORIGINAL SLEEVE US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 21m
DOORS soft parade ( rock ) - RL SS - lyric inner insert - US $69.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
The Better Life by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2000, Universal Distribution) US $0.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS - WAITING FOR THE SUN - ROCK LP - GATEFOLD - 1st PRESSING US $9.99 [1 bids]
record album Charlie Rich" Behind Closed Doors" 12",COUNTRY,1973,Good (G) US $2.00 [0 bids]
JACKIE DE SHANNON Windows & Doors So Long Johnny '66 PROMO ONLY 45 DESHANNON US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 50m
3 Doors Down US Promo CD Single - Be Like That (3 Versions) [2001] US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 57m
The Doors Soft Parade Audio Fidelity GOLD CD Bonus Tracks OOP NEW US $39.99 [0 bids]
Purple Doors Pocketful of Seeds CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 2h 59m
JIM MORRISON "NM WAX" An American Prayer P-6417E The Doors LP AE0262 US $7.50 [2 bids]
3h
The Doors - Waiting For The Sun - CD US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 4m
3 Doors Down US Promo CD Single - Here By Me [2005] US $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
Boone, Larry, Swingin' Doors, Sawdust Floors Audio CD US $13.79 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Doors - Morrison Hotel - CD US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $16.99 Buy It Now 3h 9m
The Doors "The Complete Studio Recordings 7 Cd Box Set US $75.00 [0 bids]
Essential Rarities by The Doors CD 1999 Elektra Records US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Rock Cds (4) - Lit, Eve 6, 3 Doors Down, Unwritten Law US $4.00 [0 bids]
L.A. Woman by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $5.49 [0 bids]
The Doors Love Street * Hello, I Love You ** EK-45635 Original Issue US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 42m
DOORS/alive she cried/sealed import lp US $28.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
The ENGLISH BEAT LP SRK-2567 WHA'PPEN? DOORS YOUR HEART R EX- C EX- (LP-5280) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Michael Benghiat Doors of Perception at Peace Media Massage Relaxation Music EUC US $8.90 Buy It Now 3h 56m
The best of the Doors 2 CD Set US $9.90 [0 bids]
THE DOORS ---L.A. WOMAN ---EARLY PRESSING ---N-MINT US $1.99 [0 bids]
Live at the Bowl '68 by The Doors (Vinyl, Oct-2012, 2 Discs, Rhino (Label)) US $25.00 [0 bids]
Greatest Hits [#1] by The Doors (CD, Oct-1996, Elektra (Label)) US $3.99 [0 bids]
3 DOORS DOWN - SEVENTEEN DAYS (UK) NEW CD US $23.14 Buy It Now 4h 15m
The Best of the Doors Quad Quadradisc SQ/Quadraphonic CD-4 EQ-5035 VG/VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
THE DOORS 2LP ABSOLUTELY LIVE - ELEKTRA EKS-9002 - BUTTERFLY LABEL US $7.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
THE DOORS Riders On The Storm / The Changeling original 45 US $8.44 Buy It Now 4h 15m
THE DOORS LIVE SEALED 2 DISC SET DOUBLE JIM MORRISON NEW SEALED! US $12.99 [0 bids]
n21216 CD - THE DOORS - LIGHT MY FIRE - CD352036 - 1988 US $7.49 Buy It Now 4h 19m
The Doors "The Best Of" elektra EQ5035 quadra disc rock rare psych quadraphonic US $4.99 [2 bids]
Stateside Stand Clear of the Closing Doors CD US $10.53 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors SLEEVE ONLY Epic32247 EX (45-7132) US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
The Doors' Greatest Hits (LP) by The Doors- 1980 Vinyl Record Album US $7.99 [0 bids]
A PSYCH TRIBUTE TO THE DOORS - LP (Jim Morrison L.A. Woman Soft Parade Light my) US $18.90 Buy It Now 4h 39m
Eric Kloss Doors vinyl LP In Shrink 1972 Cobblestone US $145.00 Buy It Now 4h 50m
The Doors Absolutly Live CD US $4.50 [0 bids]
CHARLIE RICH Behind Closed Doors Reel to Reel Tape Epic US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Morrison Hotel by The Doors (CD, May-1988, Elektra (Label)) US $3.48 [0 bids]
THE DOORS Classic 1967 Début CD Self Titled 1988 reissue LIGHT MY FIRE THE END US $10.28 Buy It Now 5h
HUMBER STUDIO JAZZ ENSEMBLE "seven doors" 2012 CD US $4.00 [0 bids]
The Doors "Light My Fire"b/w "Crystal Ship" 45 RPM 1967 VG++ Elektra US $5.00 [0 bids]
doors limited edition 2x cd US $99.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
THE DOORS 13 - Vinyl LP - Elektra EKS 74079 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 47m
3 DOORS DOWN The Better Life CD _ KRYPTONITE Loser LIFE OF MY OWN _ MINT! US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 48m
DOORS ALIVE SHE CRIED (1983) JAPAN CD 18P2-2691 US $31.49 Buy It Now 5h 50m
DOORS SELF-TITLED (1966) S/T WEST GERMANY CD TARGET US $35.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
DOORS STRANGE DAYS (1967) JAPAN CD 32XD-401 US $71.99 Buy It Now 5h 50m
DOORS THE BEST OF THE DOORS JAPAN DOUBLE CD 55XD-776/7 US $62.99 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Music CD Lot (12) Aerosmith, Doors, Foreigner, Styx, Van Halen US $18.99 [0 bids]
The Doors Self Titled LP Record Album US $38.00 Buy It Now 5h 57m
THE DOORS ABSOLUTELY LIVE! VINTAGE RARE 8 TRACK TAPE SEALED LATE NITE BARGAIN! US $35.00 Buy It Now 5h 59m
Led Zeppelin Rock CD Lot (6) Led Zeppelin 1, 2, 3, Physical Graffiti, The Doors US $20.99 [0 bids]
6h
the DOORS self titled FIRST 1967 LP Japanese Pressing w/ OBI STRIP Psych Rock US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
washington behind closed doors M-/M- frontiere TV (1977) LP US $8.88 [0 bids]
the DOORS waiting for the sun 1968 LP RARE Japanese Pressing w/ OBI STRIP Psyche US $34.95 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Ska Two Tone 45 - The Beat - Doors of Your Heart - Australian Copy US $7.48 [0 bids]
THE DOORS:"L.A. WOMAN" ELEKTRA EKS-75011 1971 ORIGINAL VINYL LP SEE-THRU WINDOW US $39.50 [0 bids]
CD Single 3 Doors Down Away From The Sun US $7.64 Buy It Now 7h 4m
CD Single 3 Doors Down Away From The Sun Orange US $7.64 Buy It Now 7h 6m
The Doors : Strange Days CD (1991) US $6.24 Buy It Now 7h 12m
THE DOORS THE SOFT PARADE W/BUTTERFLY LABEL HARD TO FIND GATEFOLD US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS LIGHT MY FIRE POP MUSIC ARCHIVE VOL.1 MELODIYA RED LABEL US $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 36m
Doors "Strange Days" Record 12" Album EKS-74014 Near Mint US $15.00 [0 bids]
Forrest Gump [Original Soundtrack] 2 CD SET - ELVIS PRESLEY CCR BOB DYLAN DOORS US $8.44 Buy It Now 7h 40m
THE DOORS Absolutely Live (1970 ORIG PRESS 2 Records) US $6.50 [1 bids]
The Doors "Live In Hollywood" Rare L / Edition 2002 Elektra CD US $28.02 Buy It Now 7h 50m
The Doors - LA Woman LP Vinyl Record Classic Rock Music (EXCELLENT) "12 33RPM US $10.50 [4 bids]
THE DOORS WAITING FOR THE SUN LP ELEKTRA RECORDS GATEFOLD LP VERY GOOD US $14.99 [0 bids]
THE DOORS FULL CIRCLE GERMAN GATEFOLD PRESS ELEKTRA RLK 52002 US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h
THE DOORS**L.A. WOMAN: 7" SINGLES BOX (LIMITED EDITION)**4-VINYL SET US $40.95 Buy It Now 8h 3m
THE DOORS self titled 1st LP MINT RARE MADE IN SPAIN US $15.99 [0 bids]
Seventeen Days by 3 Doors Down (CD, Feb-2005, Universal Distribution) US $3.98 Buy It Now 8h 38m
Away from the Sun by 3 Doors Down (CD, Nov-2002, Universal Distribution) US $1.99 Buy It Now 8h 40m
THE DOORS - Strange Days ~ VINYL LP US $25.35 Buy It Now 8h 48m
The Doors -- Essential Rarities _ USA Import CD US $6.62 [0 bids]
9h
THE DOORS Absolutely LIVE CD NIKITIN RUSSIA GOLD OBI NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
DOORS -(45)- PEOPLE ARE STRANGE / UNHAPPY GIRL - ELEKTRA RECORDS - EK-45621-1967 US $24.99 Buy It Now 9h 13m
e2669 / CD / HITOSHI WATANABE - TWO DOORS - JAPAN OBI US $1.99 Buy It Now 9h 30m
THE DOORS SIGNED FRAMED GOLD CD DISPLAY US $33.15 Buy It Now 9h 33m
The Doors - L.A.Woman W German Elektra TARGET cd No UPC Jim Morrison Marc Benno US $29.90 Buy It Now 9h 36m
THE DOORS - RIDERS ON THE STORM / LIGHT MY FIRE 7" OLD GOLD VINYL US $14.08 Buy It Now 9h 46m
The Doors - 13 CASSETTE ELEKTRA MEXICO CSWE-5048 - NEW SEALED ! US $33.00 Buy It Now 9h 50m
THE DOORS "PROMO / NM Wax" Waiting For The Sun Japan Jim Morrison LP e0031 US $319.99 Buy It Now 9h 50m

More places to buy THE DOORS music online Buy THE DOORS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE DOORS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(11%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(0%)

THE DOORS Live at the Hollywood Bowl reviews

Review by Guillermo
3 stars Like YES`"9012Live-The Solos" EP, this live EP was released to promote the VHS video from a concert, in this case, The Doors`concert at the Hollywood Bowl in July 5, 1968.

I have not seen the video yet, but only a videoclip from "Light My Fire".

"Wake Up", "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are parts of "The Celebration of the Lizard", a "Drama in Rock" big song which first appeared in the "Absolute Live" album in 1970, and the lyrics of this musical piece appeared in the gatefold cover of the "Waiting for the Sun" album. They sound as "first playings" of these parts outside of "The Celebration...", and IMO, they are a bit noisy, and better played in the full "The Celebration..." from "Absolutely Live".

"Light My Fire" is a good live version. The videoclip that I saw on TV showed how Morrison could handle very well the public. I prefer the live version fom the "Alive She Cried" album.

"Unknown Soldier" is a very good live version, inlcluding the sounds of guns shootings (done hitting the amplifiers). There are some photos from this song played live, and they show how good was Morrison acting the lyrics of the songs. I could consider him as an influence for Peter Gabriel / Genesis, Alice Cooper and other musicians who also "acted" the music and lyrics on stage.

"Spanish Caravan" is played incomplete after the brief "drama" of "The Hill Dwellers". It sounds good, but leaves me wanting to hear the complete song.

Like a "first audio taste" of the video, this brief EP satisfies the aim of the record / video labels: I still want to see the full concert video.

The only song from this EP which was included in the "In Concert" CD package was "Unknown Soldier".

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#105488) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Review by memowakeman
2 stars The last before the best!

This is another live album which is actually an EP and probably every Doors´lover should know it, the previous reviewer pointed out correctly that the release of this short EP was in order to promote the Video of the Concert Live at the Hollywood Bowl, but this is not the whole concert, only a few parts of it were taken to this EP.

Only 6 songs and 20 minutes of nice The Doors music, but actually we could divide it in two halves, because 3 of them are actually parts from the main poem "The Celebration of the Lizard" you know it is divided in several parts of pieces, here you will find "Wake Up" as the opener song, "A Little Game" and "The Hill Dwellers" are the other Lizard´s parts taken to this EP, it´s only a kind of a proof of the poem and the hollywood´s concert performance.

The other songs here are "Light my Fire", "Unknown Soldier" which was taken to their best Liv album /comipllation (In Concert) and an awful one minute proof of Spanish Caravan as the final song.

This was then only a promotional EP, a proof of the main Video, so i honestly don´t recommend this particularly, i would recommend the Video itself, this is only for fans and deserves only 2 stars, actually 1.8.

Probably this is my shortest review, but next to it you will find as i said above their best live compilation!

Send comments to memowakeman (BETA) | Report this review (#108862) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 25, 2007

Review by Seyo
2 stars This mini-LP obviously serves a purpose of introducing fans to the video release of the famous L.A. concert of July 1968. And while the video footage is essential watching if you wish to take a glimpse of THE DOORS magic on stage, this live album is just a particle of that show. And not the best one. Several dispersed pieces of "Celebration of the Lizard", a truncated version of "Spanish Caravan" and poor performance of "Light My Fire" (Krieger missed quite a few notes here!) don't make this record justified. Only "Unknown Soldier" stands out - but then again, you should get the entire show on video/DVD, therefore "Live at Hollywood Bowl" makes sense only for THE DOORS completists. * 1/2

Send comments to Seyo (BETA) | Report this review (#109314) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 29, 2007

Review by Ivan_Melgar_M
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Prog Specialist
2 stars About a year ago I went to the store where I usually get my CD's and bought a couple, so the owner told me that being a good customer I could take one album from a special section for free, I checked it and only could find a decent one THE DOORS "Live at Hollywood Bowl", and since I didn't had any of their live albums went for it, at the end it cost me nothing.

I'm a Doors fan but this album was a total disappointment, bad recording, worst sound (In their attempt of cleaning the audience noise they took great part of the high ranges) and the selection is one of the worst I have ever seen.

The album starts with "Wake Up", 1:40 minutes of Jim Morrison in one of his sad attempts of being a poet, simply boring, if I want to listen somebody cursing and shouting, I will visit one of ex girlfriends.

There's no Doors album without "Light My Fire", so they play a extended version, this track might be overplayed (As a fact it is) but has the virtue to never tire me, the voice of Jim even being absolutely wasted was awesome, the instrumental section by Ray Manzarek on his Farfisa organ is incredible as always, I can't get how he was able to get such great sound of this instrument that sounded totally metallic like a toy kit, the man is a genius. "Light My Fire" is a track that I almost always (I'll explain why the almost at the end of the review) listen with extreme pleasure, even this almost 9 minutes version.

"Unknown Soldier" sounds great also, very psyche and hallucinating, Jim's almost narrative style is perfect for the track, and again Ray working directly John Densmore is outstanding, it's obvious as the concert advances that Morrison is getting higher and the quality of the voice suffers a bit.

"A Little Game" is another chance for Jim to babble while his physical and mental condition is deteriorating, terrible, but it lasts only 1:20 minutes.

"The Hill Owellers" is in the same vein, by this point you can hardly understand what Jim is reciting (Not even attempts to sing), two fillers, one after the other is already too much despite it's also very short.

"Spanish Caravan" is simply a relieve, the whole band is better than ever, as they get stronger Jim gets worst, but who cares as long as it sounds well or at least decent.

The album ends with..An edited version of "Light My Fire" (Now you understand why I said almost), they chosen the moments when Jim sounds better but deleted most of the wonderful jamming that is the central point of interest, just a filler for us not to feel robbed by a 21 minutes album.

Sorry, I love The Doors, but this album is a waste of money, the only way I would have got it was for free, and that's precisely how I got it.

Two stars, only for hardcore fans.

Send comments to Ivan_Melgar_M (BETA) | Report this review (#132997) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Post a review of THE DOORS "Live at the Hollywood Bowl"