TIME CIRCLE (1968-1972)

Boxset/Compilation, released in 1991

CD 1: 69:28
1. Fresh Garbage (3:12)
2. Uncle Jack (2:44)
3. Mechanical World (5:19)
4. Taurus (2:38)
5. Girl In Your Eye (3:17)
6. Straight Arrow (2:51)
7. Topanga Windows (3:38)
8. Gramophone Man (3:50)
9. The Great Canyon Fire In General (2:47)
10. I Got A Line On You (2:47)
11. It Shall Be (3:29)
12. Poor Richard (2:29)
13. Silky Sam (4:10)
14. Sherozode (2:11)
15. All The Same (4:41)
16. Dream Within A Dream (3:00)
17. Aren't You Glad (5:35)
18. Eventide (4:21)
19. Model Shoppe Theme (2:58)
20. Green Gorilla (2:18)
21. Rehearsal Theme (1:13)

CD 2: 69:17
1. Fog (2:23)
2. Now Or Anywhere (4:21)
3. Dark-Eyed Woman (3:06)
4. So Little Time To Fly (2:48)
5. Ground Hog (3:11)
6. Ice (7:07)
7. I'm Truckin' (2:25)
8. New Dope In Town (4:23)
9. 1984 (3:36)
10. Sweet Stella Baby (2:55)
11. Prelude - Nothin' To Hide (3:42)
12. Nature's Way (2:25)
13. Animal Zoo (3:27)
14. Love Has Found A Way (2:41)
15. Why Can't I Be Free (1:04)
16. Mr. Skin (3:50)
17. When I Touch You (5:36)
18. Street Worm (3:40)
19. Morning Will Come (2:51)
20. Turn To The Right (3:46)

Search SPIRIT Time Circle (1968-1972) lyrics

Search SPIRIT Time Circle (1968-1972) tabs

- Jay Ferguson / vocals, percussion
- Randy California / guitars, vocals
- John Locke / piano, keyboards
- Ed Cassidy / drums, percussion
- Mark Andes / bass, vocals

Epic/Legacy 47363

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition

SPIRIT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Mr Skin Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus, 1970

Buy SPIRIT Time Circle (1968-1972) Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Twelve Dreams of Dr SardonicusTwelve Dreams of Dr Sardonicus
Box set · Import
Sony UK 2011
ClearClear
Sbme Special Mkts. 2008

More places to buy SPIRIT music online Buy SPIRIT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPIRIT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPIRIT Time Circle (1968-1972) ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(0%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(100%)

SPIRIT Time Circle (1968-1972) reviews

Review by Matti
COLLABORATOR Neo-Prog Team
4 stars I'm glad it was this 2-CD compilation that introduced me to this classic psych band. If it had been for example 12 Dreams of Dr Sardonicus (which is perhaps their most famous album for reasons I don't quite see), I probably even wouldn't have given another listening. Now, when I listened to the first disc of Time Circle (containing the - nearly complete? - albums Spirit and Family That Plays Together, '67 and '68, with some outtakes unreleased before, and three tracks from the film Model Shop, 1969), I was happily surprised how much I liked it immediately. Jazzy, many-sided psychedelic art rock not very hard to get into!

But then the second disc was a disappointment. The albums Clear (1969) and the aforementioned Sardonicus (1970) are less jazzy and more rocking. The song writing emphasizes too much on the guitarist Randy California, whereas on the earlier albums the keyboard player John Locke (clearly the most jazz-oriented man in the group) and singer- percussionist Jay Ferguson were more active. Yes, the epitome psychedelia fits maybe even better to the later albums, but it's just less up to my taste, and the songs remind much more each other than before. Especially I miss Locke's airy instrumentals.

SPIRIT is known for blending many musical genres from blues, jazz, even classical music, into psychedelic rock. No doubt these four albums represent their best era, and so this compilation is very recommendable set. I only wonder what tracks actually date from 1971 or 1972. Maybe it could have rather been "1968-1970".

Send comments to Matti (BETA) | Report this review (#256551) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, December 17, 2009

Post a review of SPIRIT "Time Circle (1968-1972)"