TIME AND TIDE

Noel Crombie: Drum, Percussion
Nigel Griggs - Bass
Eddie Raynor: Keyboards, Percussion

Produced by Hugh Padgham and Split Enz

Thanks to cheesecakemouse for the addition

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ Time and Tide Music

History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Mental NotesMental Notes
Second ThoughtsSecond Thoughts
Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
various MAIDEN AUSTRALIA-SPLIT ENZ ,SKYHOOKS ,ETC M- LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 36m 55s
Split Enz Time and Tide LP NM/VG++ US $5.99 Buy It Now 54m 49s
SPLIT ENZ - HISTORY NEVER REPEATS 7" SINGLE US $4.67 Buy It Now 1h 20m
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $0.55 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLORS - US $11.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ ENZ OF AN ERA VINYL LP AUSTRALIA US $13.08 Buy It Now 3h 7m
SPLIT Enz [Waiata] 81 NM+/NM+/NM Play Graded US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Tim Finn Split Enz - Persuasion + acoustic - Capitol 79766, U.S. PROMO cd - RARE US $24.95 Buy It Now 3h 38m
SPLIT ENZ one step ahead - 7" - PROMO US $0.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ one step ahead - 7" - PROMO US $0.99 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE TOGETHER ALONE **** CD **** finn brothers split enz oz rock US $13.40 Buy It Now 6h 38m
CROWDED HOUSE PLATINUM **** CD **** finn brothers split enz oz rock US $11.96 Buy It Now 6h 52m
SPLIT ENZ : CONFLICTING EMOTIONS REMASTERED $3 SHIP US $16.90 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Split Enz - Waiata Lp Vinyl Record Album A&M SP-4848 US $8.99 Buy It Now 9h 29m
Nature's Best 3: More of New Zealand's Top Songs (2 CD Split Enz Sharon O'Neill) US $8.42 [0 bids]
New Zealand's Top 30 Songs of All Time (2 CD Split Enz Dragon Swingers Chills) US $8.42 [0 bids]
STARSTRUCK Soundtrack star struck LP OST Jo Kennedy Tim Finn Split Enz '83 promo US $65.00 Buy It Now 10h 55m
Split Enz ?- Conflicting Emotions LP US $8.41 Buy It Now 11h 28m
Split Enz - True Colours US $4.98 [0 bids]
HISTORY NEVER REPEATS ; THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (2002) 17 Tracks ; RARE CD US $16.59 Buy It Now 12h 46m
7" EP Highton Schmighton Covers Nilsson Joy Division Tom Waits Split Enz US $6.63 Buy It Now 13h 46m
SPLIT ENZ The Beginning Of The Enz CD BRAND NEW US $15.65 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Neil Finn 7 Worlds Collide (CD, Feb-2002, Nettwerk) Crowded House , Split Enz US $10.99 Buy It Now 15h 25m
Split Enz - Aniversary CD Album NEW SEALED US $10.99 Buy It Now 15h 36m
SPLIT ENZ Six months in a leaky boat 7" NEW WAVE SYNTH AUSTRALIA US $5.80 Buy It Now 16h 11m
SPLIT ENZ 'MENTAL NOTES' UK LP US $14.93 Buy It Now 16h 12m
SPLIT ENZ 'TRUE COLOURS' UK LP US $14.93 Buy It Now 16h 12m
SPLIT ENZ 'CONFLICTING EMOTIONS' US IMPORT LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 16h 12m
SPLIT ENZ 'DIZRYTHMIA' UK LP US $14.93 Buy It Now 16h 12m
Split Enz / Second Thoughts LP Mushroom L 35981 Australia Crowded House New Wave US $24.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
Split Enz 70s POP ROCK LP Mental Notes GATEFOLD 1976 USA ISSUE US $18.98 Buy It Now 18h 51m
Tim Finn Escapade Lp Split Enz US $6.99 Buy It Now 19h 7m
Split Enz True Colours Remastered Expanded Edition CD Bonus Tracks US $6.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz Time And Tide LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz / Frenzy Australian LP Crowded House Mushroom Records L36921 US $14.99 Buy It Now 20h
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS 1979 UK LP LASER ETCHED A&M AMLH 64822 US $4.97 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ I Got You 7" Ps, B/W Double Happy, Ams 7692-1 US $9.95 Buy It Now 21h
SPLIT ENZ True Colors LP NM- PROMO W/ Inner Sleeve LASER Etched Vinyl US $17.99 Buy It Now 21h 5m
Split Enz A&M Promo 45 Record #2411 NM Six Months In A Leaky Boat US $15.00 Buy It Now 21h 31m
SPLIT ENZ Australian 7" 45 , I SEE RED~I SEE RED (live version) w?PS, 1989 US $12.00 Buy It Now 22h 23m
Split Enz - 'True Colours' Vinyl Album US $3.30 [0 bids]
Split Enz - True Colours LP: Original 1979 Laser-Etched Edition, A US $4.97 [0 bids]
Split Enz of an Era Very Best of 1975-1982 Australia LP Mushroom RML 52027 US $14.99 Buy It Now 23h 27m
Split Enz - The Living Enz 2LP: 1985 Mushroom Records, Live LP US $4.97 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ CORROBOREE US $6.99 Buy It Now 23h 32m
SPLIT ENZ- POOR BOY VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S US $2.47 Buy It Now 23h 47m
SPLIT ENZ- I GOT YOU VINYL 7" 45RPM p US $1.64 Buy It Now 23h 59m
SPLIT ENZ *True Colours* Canada Only Audiophile LP Original NM- US $29.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - I See Red US $6.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - One Step Ahead US $6.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - "I Got You" Older Cream Label Oz 7" US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz "History Repeats Itself" Rare Oz PS 7" US $11.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz "I Don't Wanna Dance" Rare Oz PS 7" US $11.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz "Six Months In A Leaky Boat" Great Oz 7" US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ "Time and Tide" VINYL 1st EDITION Promo LP NM!!! US $1.99 [0 bids]
Tim Finn "Fraction Too Much Friction" (Split Enz) Oz 7" US $5.61 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn (Split Enz) "How'm I Gonna Sleeep" Oz PS 7" US $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Luther Vandross , Split Enz , Funk/Soul Lp's US $0.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz : Anniversary CD (1997) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ FRENZY Cassette Tape US $21.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ "True Colours" 1980 A&M *RARE HOLOGRAPHIC LASER ETCHED* NM PHOTO INNER US $19.95 [0 bids]
PHIL JUDD - DREAM'N' AWAY 7" single - OZ 80's Split Enz Swingers Al Kooper 1983 US $15.85 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS LASER ETCHED 1980 (SP 4822) VINYL RECORD NM US $7.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Maiden Austrailia LP Split Enz Jo Jo Zep Hunters and collectors A US $2.49 [0 bids]
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $5.14 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - Corroboree LP N/MINT Vinyl - One Step Ahead / History Never Repeats US $12.15 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - Time & Tide LP Australian N/MINT Vinyl - Six Months In A Leaky Boat US $12.15 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Six Months In A Leaky Boat / Fire Drill P/S 45 US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ I Hope I Never / Hypnotised / Carried Away P/S 45 US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ I Don't Want To Dance / Shark Attack / What's The Matter P/S 45 US $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
STORM RIDERS Soundtrack 1982 US ORG Sealed LP SPLIT ENZ The Church MONDO ROCK US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House ST Same Titled Japan Promo Vinyl LP w OBI Split Enz Neil Finn US $69.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ALASTAIR RIDDELL : SPACE WALTZ [SPLIT ENZ] BRAND NEW US $13.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Best Of Split Enz-Millennium Collection [CD New] US $8.07 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - TIME AND TIDE D/Rem CD ~ NEIL / TIM FINN 80's ( CROWDED HOUSE )*NEW* US $17.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Best Of (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.88 Buy It Now 1 day
1980s Vinyl LPs: 1980 Split Enz True Colours; Laser-Etched; A&M SP-4822 US $4.99 [1 bids]
split enz - true colors (US)1980 LP a&m sp-4822 etched vinyl NM US $4.00 [0 bids]
Neil Finn (Crowded House/ Split Enz) - One Nil (CD 2001) US $6.63 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ 'HISTORY NEVER REPEATS' UK 7" SINGLE US $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A&M... US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Beginning Of The Enz Australian Lp US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Mental Notes [CD New] US $22.50 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-TRUE COLOURS 1980 A&M RECORDS LP LASER ETCHED SP-4822VG+/EX- US $7.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - 20TH CENTURY MASTERS: MILLENNIUM COLLECTION (REISSUE) NEW CD US $15.47 Buy It Now 1 day
"CONFLICTING EMOTIONS"....SPLIT ENZ....LP......NEAR MINT.....FAST SHIPPING US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - Waiata 1981 AUSTRALIAN OZ PRESS New Wave Post Punk Power Pop (LP) US $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
True Colours [Bonus Tracks] by Split Enz (CD, Feb-2007, Mushroom Records... US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz-Waiata Lp VG+/NM US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz-Dirty Creature (VG+) 7 inch Promo US $8.00 Buy It Now 2 days
"TRUE COLOURS....SPLIT ENZ....LP.......NEAR MINT......FAST SHIPPING US $6.98 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ "Enz of an Era" LP, NM / NM, w Color Printed Lyric Sheet, Australia US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ: Frenzy LP A&M RECORDS SP3153 US 1981 NM- US $10.79 Buy It Now 2 days
Corroboree [Bonus Track] by Split Enz (CD, Feb-2007, Mushroom Records... US $16.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz : Histroy Never Repeats. The Best OF Split Enz CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - True Colours - Holographic - RARE - (Vinyl [LP] Record, 33 RPM) NM US $19.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz True Colours LP Laser Graphic Design US $10.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Time and Tide [Remaster] by Split Enz (CD, Jan-2007, Mushroom Records... US $18.13 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ Give it a Whirl AUSSIE 7" Neil Finn Tim Finn Crowded House US $23.37 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ Time and Tide ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ Time and Tide reviews

Review by debrewguy
5 stars Aaahhh, the voyage that is a life .... If you've an open mind to the poppier side of prog, this album is a masterpiece. While I usually find song-by-song reviews a bit much, this is an album that calls for that process, so let's board the ship & explore, shall we. Dirty Creature - Don't let the 80s oblique pop dance sound fool you, this song has a serious way in opening the album. Tim Finn sets us off on the voyage with a nightmare put to music. Though the verses may remind you of some cringing 80s instrumentation, the chorus (I don't want to sail , I don't want to sail tonight) sounds like a more mainstream melody from Peter Gabriel 3rd album. Keep an ear open to Rayner's keyboard work, which is filled with prog sounds. An eerie way to set you off asea. Giant Heartbeat - Again the song starts with a typical 80s sound. But once more, the "poppish" bedrock is built upon with counterpoint melodies provided keyboard & bass. Neil Finn's lyrics makes this an Enz' version of Floyd's Time. "Sun up sun down fade to a lookalike, Hearts & souls move together in time". "Is anybody listening, a giant's heartbeat is fading". Again, Rayner's keyboard work is mesmerizing. But always backed by solid ensemble playing ! Hello Sandy Allen - This one harks back to their True Colours & Waiata new wave sound. A sunny melody to the verse, with some sombreness showing through on the chorus. I still can't figure out for sure if they're pitying the world's tallest woman or themselves by comparison. In summary - poppy, but enough changes to prog it up. Again, a close listen to the ensemble playing reveals much resides below the surface. Never Ceases to Amaze Me - New wavish melody, with guitar & keyboard sounds we all associate for the early 80s. Sunny song, then the chorus come along and once more the senior Finn injects the melancholy - " Happiness is a broken heart away, but you get caught up because it's worth the risk. Never ceases to amaze me". Lost for Words - A more choppy darker song structure than usual for the Enz, somewhat recalling their early work with Judd. Simply put, the singer is lost & looking for ? The group playing comes through & holds much pleasure for those that put in the effort to discern the textures on display. Peter Gabriel would have killed to be able to have come up with something this off-kilter but hummable. Small World - Slow & seemingly simple song. But it is a perfect backing for a sad song about ? Is he singing about the demis of the environment or is it more related to peoples' relation to each other - person to person or nation to nation ? Dreamy atmospheric playing by the group really completes the sense of quiet but not quite despair that permeates this one. Side one ends. Take a Walk - Probably one of my favourite Neil Finn & Split Enz tunes. Ready for the travels, time is now. Again, for a "pop" group the band keeps it interesting with changes between the verse & chorus. Here we see Split Enz' happy verse, melancholy chorus pattern that works so well in establishing or maybe murkying up the mood - is this a sunny song or is it more threatening in nature - " remember what a friend of mine said - You gotta be kind." Pioneer - Musical intro to a 3 song suite that comprises the heart of the album. Recalling at once sunny days & rainy skies, then we go on to ... Six months in a Leaky Boat - Youth & its attendant hopes & brashness. If big hits were determined by the intelligence of the lyrics, this hit single for the Enz would rank among the best. Young & daring the world to prepare for one's combats. Simple song structure, and I must say, until I saw Tim Finn solo, I could not grasp that it consisted of a few simple chords on an acoustic. Rayner again adds his keyboard delights, not as ego soloist, but as ensemble partner. We're taken away asea once more, full of hope, & dreaming of happiness ... then comes the more honest reality .... Haul Away - Tim tells us of the tides that have brought him here. Probably the most prog of songs on the album, we're taken through a short summary of Tim's life, birth through boarding school, time to travel through odyssey begun, nervous breakdown to help from friends, all we can do we do & get through. A bit of a celtic jig redone in a more modern manner. How's Tim feeling ... Log Cabin Fever - Things turn dark, times are bleak, lost at sea or in a sea of humanity ? 80s Genesis should have been so lucky as to write such a prog pop mini symphony ! Mid song, the band breaks out rocking for the end chorus - Log Cabin Fever , It's a Remote Possibility. A play on words for meaning, again lend your ears for the feast of sounds put together. Are things getting better .... Make Sense of It - Driving world beat tuneage. Breakdown chorus - are things so dark, but then are you really the only one ? "You realize you're not the only one, who's trying to make some sense of it". Never mind INXS, what you need is a friend - to help you make sense of it. Whew, I did as Sean Trane suggested & listened to the album as I wrote. Went through a little of my life's journey as I went along. Aaaahhhh, the voyage that is one's life.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#122556) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars I'm afraid that I won't share the optimism of my two fellow reviewers who rated this album with the masterpiece status.

It all starts poorly with the funky "Dirty Creature", but this might only be a one of a kind, who knows! Still, the opening number is supposed to be the most catchy and one of the best of an album, so I was prepared for the worse.

I won't say that this work is bad, but in all honesty, I can't find many interesting tunes on "Time & Tide". Melodies are average, music is simplistic, gone are the superb arrangements of their seventies output.

They are replaced with the synthetic sounds of the early eighties, but not even the fun new wave ones. Just a collection of easy listening tracks with no real flavour nor identity for the majority.

I can't really tell to whom this album could please. Definitely not the progheads, neither their early fan database I guess. So?

Crafted (at best) pop tunes like "Hello Sandy Allen" and "Six Months In A Leaky Boat " aren't many; but "Never Ceases To Amaze Me" is a pleasant trip back in their earlier catalogue and their so funny style (very much influenced by "10CC"). It is probably not a great song, but it brings you back to the craziness of "Mental Notes" (their debut album).

While listening to "Lost For Words", some similarities with "XTC" can be heard as well. This is for the positive side but the reggae-oriented "Small World" is unfortunately there to remind us that their most creative period is behind. The nadir of this album being reached during "Take A Walk" and the folkish Haul Away.

There is even an attempt to symphonic prog with the short instrumental "Pioneer". I have to admit that it is quite successful, but unexpected of course.

Even if Make Sense Of It is a quite correct closing number, the whole of this album sounds too average to deserve more than two stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#180696) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

Review by russellk
3 stars Along with 'True Colours', this is the highlight of SPLIT ENZ's 1980s new wave pop output. With this album, as much as their 1980 effort, the band produce something gorgeous that music lovers brave enough to discard genre labels ought to enjoy.

The album isn't quite a concept album, but it does employ a nautical theme. It opens with a bang, the up-front and funky 'Dirty Creature', a genuinely great pop track with substantial, harrowing lyrics. 'The river of dread runs deep/full of unspeakable things/the creature don't mess around/I don't wanna mess with him'. 'Lost for Words' is the nearest the band come to DEVO, and is followed by the encouragingly strong if enigmatic 'Giant Heartbeat.' We've moved away from the boy/girl preoccupation of the ENZ's 1981 misstep album 'Waiata', and by invoking a wider lyrical palette, they've re-energised their music. The undoubted highlight is the central song suite 'Pioneer/Six Months/Haul Away'. EDDIE RAYNER produces another strong instrumental, this one a prelude to the pop single 'Six Months in a Leaky Boat', boasting erudite lyrics - supposedly about New Zealand - coupled with a splendid melody and a definite nautical shading. A delicate outro leads to the sea shanty 'Haul Away', a diary entry of a song that manages to make sense of the previous songs: the listener suddenly realises the entire album is autobiographical. TIM FINN wants out, and he wants out bad. The dark, progressive 'Log Cabin Fever' only serves to confirm this.

The other tracks don't quite live up to this standard, but are pleasant at worst. Not quite four stars, and the last SPLIT ENZ album worth listening to - at least in part because TIM gets out.

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#181712) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008

Review by slipperman
4 stars 4.5 stars!

Anyone with an art-rock obsession eventually finds out that Split Enz are far from your typical wimpy new wave band. My own journey through this interesting world (ie. Roxy Music, 10cc, Be Bop Deluxe, City Boy, Crack The Sky, Sparks, etc.) led me to Split Enz's 1975 album, 'Mental Notes,' because it was apparently a much proggier Split Enz than the one I remember watching as a wee lad on MTV (the "I Got You" video). Compelled by the debut's eccentricity and wide stylistic span, I went further. This journey, now 7 albums deep, has culminated with 1982's 'Time and Tide.'

As someone who thinks Genesis' 'Abacab' is a near-masterpiece, I guess I was able and ready to absorb 'Time and Tide,' and any other post-prog Split Enz material for that matter. And this album, the band's seventh, is likely one of the greatest art-pop albums of all time.

Immediately striking is the earthiness of the recording. Produced by Hugh Padgham (see 'Abacab' and 'Invisible Touch'!), and not knowing much about the band's '80s material other than "I Got You," I expected something else, something more purposely-synthetic. Something more...new wave. Either I don't know anything about new wave, or I like new wave now, because this album has a lush, layered feel, despite some of the simplicity of the writing and the economy of the performances.

The album opens with the dippiest pop/new-wave verse ever in "Dirty Creature"...and that is really about is dippy as it gets, as the song turns foreboding in the chorus, and that thread of pop-dread continues into "Giant Heartbeat." Then the album becomes a bit looser and more playful. The middle section, particularly "Small World" and "Take A Walk", move in a similar realm as '80s-era Genesis and '80s-era Peter Gabriel (parts of "Small World" are uncannily similar to both those artists' '80s output). Then just as the album came in with a couple songs on the more brooding side, it ends with a great depth of variety, beginning with instrumental "Pioneer," which is a lush keyboard-only symphony written and performed by keyboardist Eddie Rayner. That segues into a series of songs that go from bright and upbeat sing-along stuff ("Six Months in a Leaky Boat") to folky ("Haul Away") to haunting (Neil Finn's "Log Cabin Fever" masterpiece).

The album ends on a great note with "Make Sense Of It," which, much like earlier album track "Never Ceases To Amaze Me," feels like pop on the surface but is weaved through with enough agile, clever melodic elements to lend it more depth than the inanity of most pop.

Split Enz embrace pop, but transcend it completely with great albums like 'Time and Tide.' Fans of progressive rock, art rock, and just plain weird music will appreciate Split Enz's smart approach to pop music. This album isn't the place to begin if you're new to the Enz, but once through the eccentricity of earlier offerings like 'Mental Notes,' 'Second Thoughts' and 'Dizrythmia,' your palate will be sufficiently warmed up for the rapid transformation into pop which began on the 'Frenzy' album. 'Time and Tide' is the clear peak of the band's many achievements; the fact that it doesn't sound the least bit dated proves itself as an album of universal worth, adaptable to a huge variety of listening tastes.

Send comments to slipperman (BETA) | Report this review (#236274) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, September 01, 2009

4 stars Okay, to be quite clear: this is not a progressive rock album in the sense that we know it. Crossover prog? No, that's a good tag for the debut twin albums Mental Notes and Second Thoughts. After these albums, Split Enz began to specialize in writing pop / rock songs with a lot of originality. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#188899) | Posted by Moogtron III | Wednesday, November 12, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars After reading the posts in the forum my opinion changed about this album, I thought it was great Enz consider it their finest moment. In terms of pure proggyness Mental Notes is arguably their best, but in terms of Prog related pop Time & Tide is king This album completes a trilogy of their secon ... (read more)

Report this review (#122655) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Thursday, May 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "Time and Tide"