CONCERTO ALL'ELFO

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Demetrio Stratos Concerto all'Elfo album cover

Buy DEMETRIO STRATOS Music
Live, released in 1995

1. Diplofonia, Triplofonia, Investigazioni (18.32)
2. O Tzitzeras O Mitzeras (5.47)
3. Cowboys And Indians (1.42)
4. Flautologia Ed Altro (5.59)
5. Tema Pololare (7.26)
6. Canto Dei Pastori (4.08)

Search DEMETRIO STRATOS Concerto all'Elfo lyrics

Search DEMETRIO STRATOS Concerto all'Elfo tabs

- Demetrio Stratos / voice

Recorded live in 1978

CD Edel/Cramps 2006

Thanks to micky for the addition

DEMETRIO STRATOS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DEMETRIO STRATOS Concerto all'Elfo Music

Live All ElfoLive All Elfo
Cramps Records Imp 2006
RecitarcantandoRecitarcantando
Imports 2014
^ DEMETRIO STRATOS LUCIO FABBRI recitarcantando POCE-1171 JAPAN MINI LP CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 10h 50m
DEMETRIO STRATOS - LE MILLEUNA (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 1 day
DEMETRIO STRATOS - CONCERTO ALL'ELFO (LIVE) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 1 day
DEMETRIO STRATOS - RECITARCANTANDO (LIVE) (IMPORT) NEW CD US $15.97 Buy It Now 1 day
AREA Maledetti (Maudits) LP ITA 1st Press 1976 CRAMPS Demetrio Stratos crslp5105 US $99.00 Buy It Now 4 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS**METRODORA**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 4 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS**CANTARE LA VOCE**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Demetrio Stratos - Concerto All'elfo Japan Mini LP CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $29.99 Buy It Now 5 days
*Lucio Fabbri Demetrio Stratos Recitarcantando / JAPAN MINI LP CD US $24.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS ( AREA ) BOX 5 CD DIGIPACK + inserts italian prog US $89.90 Buy It Now 7 days
^ DEMETRIO STRATOS rock and roll JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
^ DEMETRIO STRATOS concerto all'elfo JAPAN MINI LP CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
^ DEMETRIO STRATOS le milleuna JAPAN MINI LP CD NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VA - 1979: Il Concerto - Omaggio a Demetrio Stratos JAPAN Mini LP 2 CD 2007 NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 9 days
V.A / 1979 Il Concerto LIVE 2 CD NEW Demetrio Stratos US $29.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Demetrio Stratos - Concerto all'Elfo (1978) JAPAN Mini LP CD 2007 NEW I Ribelli US $17.99 Buy It Now 10 days
*DEMETRIO STRATOS CANTARE LA VOCE / JAPAN MINI LP CD US $34.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Demetrio Stratos & Lucio Fabbri - Recitarcantando (1978) JAPAN Mini LP CD New US $17.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS - CANTARE LA VOCE NEW CD US $18.85 Buy It Now 13 days
JAPAN MINI LP CD DEMETRIO STRATOS LE MILLEUNA AREA US $29.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Demetrio Stratos - Metrodora [CD New] US $16.67 Buy It Now 14 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS - METRODORA NEW CD US $18.85 Buy It Now 14 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS, MAURO PAGANI, PAOLO TOFANI : Rock And Roll Exhibition LP (Ita US $50.00 Buy It Now 15 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS - LE MILLEUNA - NEW CD US $10.94 Buy It Now 16 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS - METRODORA - NEW CD US $13.69 Buy It Now 16 days
DEMETRIO STRATOS - CONCERTO ALL'ELFO - NEW CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 16 days
Demetrio Stratos - Cantare La Voce CD US $16.81 Buy It Now 16 days
Metrodora by Demetrio Stratos *New CD* US $13.71 Buy It Now 17 days
Confusional Quartet Play Demetrio Stratos - Confusional Quartet New US $22.09 Buy It Now 19 days
Confusional Quartet - Confusional Quartet Play Demetrio Stratos [CD New] US $16.99 Buy It Now 22 days
CONFUSIONAL QUARTET - CONFUSIONAL QUARTET PLAY DEMETRIO STRATOS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $20.29 Buy It Now 25 days
Area- Crac (SHM-CD) (Mini Lp sleeve) (Demetrio Stratos, Paolo Tofani, Noi Tre) US $34.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Area- caution radiation area (SHM-CD) (Mini Lp sleeve) (Demetrio Stratos) US $34.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Le Milleuna by Demetrio Stratos (CD, Jun-2014) US $13.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy DEMETRIO STRATOS music online Buy DEMETRIO STRATOS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DEMETRIO STRATOS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DEMETRIO STRATOS Concerto all'Elfo ratings distribution

DEMETRIO STRATOS Concerto all'Elfo reviews

Review by micky
micky avatar
3 stars Demetrio Stratos is well known as the front man of the fiery Italian prog group Area. Outside of Area he released a series of solo albums. I picked this album up a couple of days ago on one of my search and destroy missions in Rome looking for RPI gems. I had recently really got the bug for Area and found this album and immediately scarfed it up. I was hoping to find a another incendiary mixing of jazz, rock, electronic, and mediterranean music. Whoa.. was I surprised when I put this in.

This review is a warning...yet still a recommendation.

As I found out later after an interesting first listen hahahha, and as is noted in Stratos' bio. He was student of Fluxus and John Cage. His solo albums are very avant and are explorations into the use of the human voice as an instrument. Be warned.. again... THIS IS NOT EASY LISTENING. But it a funny way.. this ties into RPI quite well. As I noted this morning in a thread, I am a non-speaker of Italian, so an overall portion of the albums is lost upon me. The literal meaning of what the group is trying to say. What that in fact has done has prepared me for an album like this. The voice in Italian prog for became not a vehicle for literal meaning but rather a instrument in itself. Full of emotion and expression like any instrument. That is exactly what Stratos was intending to explore.

To review this album track by track is sort of pointless. Before reviewing this I read some reviews of his solo album on other sites.. I was curious just how you would review something like this. Most reviews, while entertaining in their lofty language, really say little about the music. This is an album that to me is beyond a standard review, it is indeed like trying to 'review' a painting. What you get out of this will be highly personal. There are no instruments to rave over the quality.. no way to contrast the dynamics between the way the instruments play off of each other. This is just an experience between you and Stratos. If you feel like taking a walk down the Fluxus side of life. I strongly recommend you check this out. It intriqued me to check out other of his albums, which as some of you who know my musical tastes.. should probably say more about this album that any song by song analysis could.

Giving the album three stars..and down the road may adjust that to reflect what I think of his other albums. Which I will be checking out. For serious students of 'art' and avant music only.

Michael (aka micky)

Send comments to micky (BETA) | Report this review (#127255) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 01, 2007

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars This is minimal art, experimental and unlistenable. So why is it so highly rated? It's because it's a journey through the possibilities of the voice. Demetrio sings a long note and you can hear all the harmonics. I don't think any other human being has ever been able to do the same with his throat.

It's essential to understand that this is the live recording of a performance of minimal art. Each single note is an adventure. As he says in the introduction, you have to listen to the sounds produced by his throat and decompose them in two or three different parts.

Which pleasure can you receive from an album like this? You have to give up to the idea of listening to music. There are only sounds. This is not an exhibition of vocal virtuosism, even if Demetrio Stratos was a virtuose. It is not music in the common meaning of it, but it's incredible how it can capture one's attention. It's a psychedelic mantra.

I was surprised myself to be able to listen to about 18 minutes (including the italian explanation of what he's about to do) without having the temptation to quit and put on some Prog-metal to compensate...

More than RPI, I suggest this album to psychedelia or zeuhl fans. It's neither psychedelia or zeuhl, but you need a particular openness of mind to start listening to it.

Progressing with the tracks, the journey becomes even more attractive. In Flautologia his voice sounds like a flute, sometimes an arab trumpet or an ocarine.

O Tzitzeras O mitzeras is a story made of 21 words (I think it's Greek), repeated very quickly. The effect is weird. It's a sort of mantra. An allucination....

"Tema Popolare" is a sort of blues made of vocalisms. Probably what most close to the concept of music that can be found here, or this may be just an impression because at this point if you are still listening to this performance, you are probably addicted to what Demetrio is doing.

"Canto dei Pastori" (of Epiro, Greece) He says that when the shepherds of Epiro (Albania) sing this kind of sounds, the sheep make a circle and sleep....I don't know if it's true, but if an enchanter can hypnotize a cobra, why not?

The last short track, "Cowboys and Indians" is just a vocal excersize invented for the theathre by a soprano.

How can this be rated? Is it a masterpiece of progressive music? It's progressive but it's not music. Is an excellent addiction to prog collections? Yes, but not for "any". Neo-prog fans would ask me the money back. Fans only? It's minimal art. You can like it or not, but it's what it is.

It's an album so different that it should have a different kind of rating: instead of stars, fishes, gasoline pumps or anything else. I give it 4 stars but with this warning. I'm giving stars because there are no fishes.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#294733) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 16, 2010

Post a review of DEMETRIO STRATOS "Concerto all'Elfo"