WAKE PIG

5. "Bramfatura" - 1:40
6. "Trust" - 4:09
7. "Dogs of War" - 4:17
8. "Soul to Sell" - 2:34
9. "One Way Town" - 5:13 (new track 2005)
10. "Queen" - 3:32
11. "Circus Without Clowns" - 4:18 (new track 2005)
12. "Where's Max" - 2:17 (featuring Max's vocals)
13. "Amaze Disgrace" - 16:24 (incorporating a hidden track, which is an alternate version of "Trust")

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition
and to sean for the last updates

THREE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THREE Wake Pig Music

45 7" RICHIE HAVENS Three Day Eternity/No Opportunity Necessary KF5068 NEAR MINT US $3.95 Buy It Now 30m 2s
ERIC CLAPTON THREE CLASSIC VINYL LP OFFER INC BACKLESS *LAST BACKSTOCK TO CLEAR US $24.00 Buy It Now 30m 27s
Three Tenors [Audio CD] Three Tenors US $7.99 Buy It Now 30m 43s
VINYL LP Album / Chris Rea - Dancing With Strangers 1987 / Three Eggs US $9.00 Buy It Now 31m 2s
THREE FANTASTIC CD US $1.99 [0 bids]
31m 29s
PARFAIT - THREE?COLORS (obi, Japan Jrock visual oshare kei) US $9.99 [0 bids]
32m 4s
The Four Aces Three Coins In The Fountain / Wedding Bells 7" 45 rpm Decca NM US $4.06 Buy It Now 32m 59s
Spade Cooley & His Orchestra Columbia Label Vinyl 37058 - "Three Way Boogie" US $10.00 Buy It Now 33m 40s
The Three Flames Columbia Label Vinyl 37268 - "Open The Door, Richard" US $7.00 Buy It Now 33m 40s
GENESIS - And Then There Were Three - Excellent Con LP Record Charisma CDS 4010 US $9.60 Buy It Now 34m 45s
SAVOY HAVANA BAND Swanee Smiles / Three' O'Clock in the Morning 78 Columbia 3203 US $20.85 Buy It Now 36m 18s
Vintage Box Set of 5 - 45 Records THE THREE SUNS from RCA VICTOR FREE SHIPPING US $20.61 Buy It Now 37m 38s
THREE SUNS, RAGGIN THE SCALES - 7" EP US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 19s
SMASHING PUMPKINS UK 1996 CD Single THIRTY THREE HUTCD78 MINT US $5.60 Buy It Now 40m 46s
TENNESSEE THREE - Sound Behind JOHNNY CASH (Scarce SOLO LP From JOHNNY CASH Band US $89.67 Buy It Now 40m 56s
GENESIS ...AND THEN THERE WERE THREE GATE FOLD COVER LP 740 US $8.99 Buy It Now 42m 39s
Dean Martin- Set Of Three Records Sealed US $2.99 [0 bids]
44m 6s
MFSB & THREE DEGREES - LOVE IS THE MESSAGE - MINT- PROMO + PHILLY INT. SLEEVE US $3.30 Buy It Now 44m 26s
Stan Kenton (1945 VG+) "Four Months , Three Weeks.. & Painted Rhythm" Capitol 78 US $3.99 [0 bids]
45m 22s
Bach: Three Concertos for Flute; Sinfonia, , New US $7.49 Buy It Now 46m 36s
013 OWEN GRAY-MILLIE GIRL-THREE IN THE MEADOW -SKA! PRINCE BUSTER REGGAE 45 7" US $25.00 Buy It Now 50m 18s
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK RECORDING THREE LITTLE GIRLS IN BLUE STILL SEALED US $9.00 Buy It Now 50m 36s
THE BROWNS The Three Bells/Heaven Fell Last Night 45 RPM Laurie Records US $7.00 Buy It Now 50m 46s
The Beatles - Three Dog Night "ONE" DS 50048 US $2.50 Buy It Now 51m 8s
JOHNNY BOND....THAT'S RIGHT....Lot of THREE...COLUMBIA-78 US $7.99 Buy It Now 52m 26s
JOHNNY BOND...."WASTED TEARS"...LOT of THREE....COLUMBIA-78 US $7.99 Buy It Now 52m 27s
MANFRED MANN CHAPTER THREE / VOLUME TWO 6360012 ORIGINAL UK VERTIGO LP US $110.00 Buy It Now 53m 31s
IMMINENT / SYNAPSCAPE The Incredible Three 7" (Ant Zen Converter Winterkalte) US $7.00 [0 bids]
54m 5s
RCA 10" 78/Three Suns/I Still Get Jealous/Papa, Won't You Dance With Me?/VG+! US $3.00 Buy It Now 54m 44s
THREE DOG NIGHT**BEST OF (RM)**CD US $6.28 Buy It Now 54m 49s
Three Dog Night was Captured Live at the Forum 4 track 3 3/4 IPS 9 tracks US $40.00 [0 bids]
54m 53s
DBX Encoded LP De Falla The Three Cornered Hat Batiz Varese Sarabande 1979 US $29.00 [0 bids]
57m 33s
The Black Crowes - cassette lot - three snakes / money maker - southern 90's US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 16s
Sugarman Three "Sugar's Boogaloo" Funk LP Desco WLP US $46.00 [21 bids]
59m 16s
THREE JONI JAMES '50S MGM LPS- YELLOW LABELS- HANK WILLIAMS,AWARD WINNING ALBUM US $9.00 [0 bids]
59m 27s
Elephant Stone - Three Poisons [CD New] US $11.36 Buy It Now 1h
JAPANESE IMPORT THREE DOG NIGHT OLD FASHION LOVE SONG/JAM 7" VINYL SINGLE IS M- US $8.95 [0 bids]
Ground 96 Inna City Dubs Voume Three 12" Swing City Records 1997 US $16.04 Buy It Now 1h 2m
THREE FAVORITE BALLETS-CHOPIN-DELIBES-Reel To Reel Tape-ORMANDY-Phil. Orchestra US $19.99 [0 bids]
THIRTY THREE & 1/3 BY HARRISON,GEORGE (CD) US $22.77 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Frankie Laine 4 Lps, Three 45's Ex Original Vintage US $2.99 [0 bids]
Culture - Three Sides To My Story [CD New] US $14.68 Buy It Now 1h 5m
FUN BOY THREE - Our Lips Are Sealed - UK 7" PICTURE DISC US $3.19 [0 bids]
013 DERRICK HARRIOT-DO THE JERK-MY THREE LOVES-SKA CRYSTAL REGGAE 45 7" US $49.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
45 RPM RECORD / THREE DOG NIGHT / JOY TO THE WORLD & I CAN HEAR YOU CALLING /EX+ US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Rick Derringer - Three Kings Of The Blues [CD New] US $14.48 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Three Ring Circle [CD New] US $19.24 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Carlesso-Battaglia-Caon - Three Open Rooms [CD New] US $27.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Steve Roach - Immersion : Three [CD New] US $19.15 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Tony Orlando & Dawn - Knock Three Times 16 Gr Hits [CD New] US $10.93 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Treacherous Three-Whip It-12" Single-Sugar Hill-SH 585-Vinyl Record US $3.99 [0 bids]
1976 - GEORGE HARRISON - Thirty Three & 1/3 - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Fun Boy Three - Fun Boy Three, Inc FREE CD!! US $16.04 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Poor Old Lu : Chapter Three CD (1996) US $8.43 Buy It Now 1h 10m
CROSSES ??? THREE CHINO/DEFTONES SEALED 2LP + AUTOGRAPHED POSTER #70/100!! WOW! US $42.00 [3 bids]
CROSSES ??? THREE CHINO/DEFTONES SEALED Record Store Day YELLOW 10" /1000 Only! US $19.99 [0 bids]
Nick Charles 45 THE THREE DOGWOODS / BIG BOYS DON'T CRY ~ VG+ pop. US $3.29 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Takaru/The Assistant/This Ship Will Sink 2004 Three Way Split EP US Hardcore US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Naturally by Three Dog Night *New CD* US $3.06 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Falla LP The Three Cornered Hat US $40.13 [0 bids]
Lot of THREE 45s CHER Gypsys. Tramps & Thieves / The Way Of Love / Take Me Home US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Three Sixes : Three Sixes CD (2004) US $5.65 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Orange Ave. by Seven Mary Three (CD, Jul-1998, Atlantic) US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
1989 E. J. MOERAN ~ Three Rhapsodies, in Mountain Country ~ classical CD US $9.95 [0 bids]
GENESIS-AND THEN THERE WERE THREE-12" LP ALBUM-CHARISMA 1978-CDS 4010 US $4.80 [0 bids]
THE BROWNS, THE THREE BELLS ,7" VINYL US $1.20 [0 bids]
Jubal - PROMO - Three Hundred Pounds of Hongry - Elektra 45839 - SOUNDS GREAT US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Three Keyboard Concertos-J.S. Bach Andras Schiff (Denon CD Japan) US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Stravinsky - Petrouchka (1911) - Symphony In Three Movements US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
THREE PAUL McCARTNEY LP's BAND ON THE RUN-WINGS WILD LIFE-BACK TO THE EGG VINYL US $9.95 [0 bids]
THREE PAUL McCARTNEY LP's LONDON TOWN-VENUS & MARS-RED ROSE SP INCLUDES POSTERS US $9.95 [0 bids]
LOOK three steps away 7" CS EX/EX uk mca US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Three Beatles 45s US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
JACKIE LOMAX Three LP 1972 US EX shrink US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Three D's - I Won't Be Worried Long lp T 2314 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
LOU CHRISTIE beyond the blue horizon 7" WS EX/ usa three br US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 27m
THE THREE DEGREES jump the gun 7" PS EX/VG US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 27m
PURCELL Three Elegies & Music for Strings MARTYN HILL L'Oiseau-Lyre DSLO 514 UK US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
SCHOOL OF FISH three strange days 7" PS EX/EX uk capitol US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Eddie Cochran ROCKABILLY 45 (Liberty 55242) Cut Across Shorty/Three Steps To... US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 32m
GENTLE GIANT three friends US VINYL LP psych prog rock CLEAN / NM US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Three Times Dope ?- Greatest Man Alive 12" Promo Vinyl NM US $4.99 [0 bids]
Bauhaus PETER MURPHY Three Songs SAMPLER NICE PICS PROMO DJ CD Single 2000 US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 34m
THE LOOK three steps away/much too late for that MCA 681 uk 7" PS EX/VG US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 35m
THE THREE DEGREES get your love back/i like being a woman S PIR 2737 uk 7" WS EX US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 35m
NEGRONI'S TRIO JUST THREE NEW CD Jose Negroni/Nomar Negroni/Marco Panascia US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Sealed George Jones 1972 Four-O-Thirty Three LP RCA 4785 SM Still Sealed Mint US $9.99 [0 bids]
THREE DOG NIGHT HARD LABOR US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE THREE SUNS RECORD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Farscape Classics Volume Three [Soundtrack Score] (CD 2008 La-La Land RARE OOP!) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 38m
THREE DEGREES the heaven i need/gimme gimme gimme SUPE 102 uk 1985 7" PS EX/EX US $11.22 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Jing - Self-Titled - Three Cherries 33332 - Excellent promo! US $4.99 [0 bids]
12 Album Rock & Roll / Folk Record Lot Huey Lewis Hall & Oates Three Dog Night US $4.99 [0 bids]
SEALED Tony Orlando & Dawn/Candida KNOCK THREE TIMES Arista US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
BERLIN count three and pray with inner MERH 101 LP PS EX/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 42m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG FATS DOMINO THREE BLUES JAZZ CASSETTES US $11.24 Buy It Now 1h 43m
THREE DEGREES 3d LP PS EX/EX ariola 3D1 sticker on sleeve US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 44m
THREE DEGREES live LP PS EX/EX philadelphia international PIR69197 US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 44m
THREE DEGREES hits hits hits LP PS EX/EX SHM3086 US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 44m
REGINALD KILBEYCBSO eric coates the three elizabeths TWO 361 uk LP PS EX/EX US $14.43 Buy It Now 1h 46m

More places to buy THREE music online Buy THREE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THREE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THREE Wake Pig ratings distribution

THREE Wake Pig reviews

3 stars 3.5 stars. My review will be from the re-issue from Metal Blade Records. This release features two new tracks as well as new cover art. I had read some really good things about this band about a year and a half ago and so decided to order this cd in. The first time I listened to it (a year and a half ago) my daughter was with me and we were at work. I remember the uneasy feeling I had as I listened to it and having that feeling increased by my daughters reaction. The thing was they sounded so much like COHEED AND CAMBRIA, too much actually. COHEED AND CAMBRIA are one of my daughters favourite bands, she even named her computer Claudio after their singer. Anyway we listened to it, and it was good, but still those feelings remained that they had ripped off another bands sound. Well I did some investigating and found out that 3 not only existed before COHEED AND CAMBRIA but they had released an EP before they did as well. I also found out that the two bands were good friends, and they both thank the other in their respective liner notes.They have toured together a lot, and Josh Eppard who originally played drums for 3 (and is the brother of 3's singer Joey Eppard) also played drums for COHEED AND CAMBRIA (not anymore). So that really helped us both to enjoy this album a lot more, and I prefer this band over COHEED AND CAMBRIA while my daughter is loyal to C&C.

Another story is the PORCUPINE TREE concert I went to in May and to my delight I heard that 3 was the opening band for the North American tour. Unfortunately though the band couldn't get across the border into Canada except for the singer / acoustic guitar player Joey Eppard. So there he was on the stage all by himself with his guitar in hand. This guy is so talented not only as a singer but especially as a guitar player. He played these beautiful, intricate acoustic melodies, but he also strummed it a lot while at times tapping it hard creating some percussion. He ended up breaking strings as he poured his heart out in that performance. He received a standing ovation when he was through, as he bowed with sweat dripping from his face.

"Alien Angel" has a great heavy intro that continues as vocals arrive. We get a calm passage 2 1/2 minutes in as drums and synths play. Some more TOOL like heaviness to follow. "Monster" is dominated by drums and bass as Joey sings softly on and off throughout the song. "Dregs" is a great tune. I love the outbreaks of drums and bass as well as the dreamy chorus. "Wake Pig" is all about the riffs and fantastic vocals. An amazing melody 2 minutes in with some killer guitar before the main melody returns. "Bramfatura" is a real highlight with the intricate acoustic guitar melodies that are so beautiful. I was reminded of PORCUPINE TREE and then we hear the tapping of the guitar like in the concert. You have to hear this song. "Trust" is another amazing track with strummed guitar to open.This doesn't last long as a powerful soundscape arrives, but it's the vocals that are most impressive. A killer rhythm to this one as well.

"Dogs Of War" is a mellow tune that does get more passionate later. This contrast continues. "Soul To Sell" opens with synths as it quickly turns to a light funny song. "One Way Town" is another great track. A chugging rhythm as some killer guitar comes in. It calms right down as vocals come in. This is such a catchy song with vocal melodies too. Some scorching guitar 3 minutes in. "Queen" continues the streak of excellent songs. It opens with a nice little guitar melody that is copied by the rhythm section as reserved vocals come in. I can't believe how many good songs are on this record ! "Circus Without Clowns" is melancholic with Lennon-like vocals at times. It does pick up as this contrast continues. An incredible guitar solo before 3 minutes."Where's Max" is a little experimental for the band with percussion and bass with a different vocalist singing. "Amaze Disgrace" has a nice acoustic guitar intro, I really like this song. The drums are great as they lead the way. Some Eastern sounds come in followed by a blistering yet tasteful guitar solo. Vocal melodies, bass and drums to end it. There is a minute of silence before another song starts up. It's actually like a reprise of "Trust" that lasts 8 minutes ! What a way to end the album,the drumming especially shines on this song.

I read about of a lot of people buying this record after watching this band open for PORCUPINE TREE in the U.S.and being very pleased with their purchase. I couldn't agree with them more.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#135957) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 02, 2007

Review by LiquidEternity
3 stars A lot of what I wrote in my review for The End Is Begun holds true for this album too. 3 have a wonderful sound. They have wonderful talent. They are probably the most exciting live act I have ever witnessed.

However, their music is progressively stagnant (that sounds silly). They don't change their sound much; they don't play around much. To be redundant, they don't progress much. If you like their sound, you'll like this album. With the exception of Amaze Disgrace and Bramfatura, all the songs on this album are pretty well mirrored in all the songs on The End Is Begun, and for someone like me, who started with their latest on account of so many recommendations, Wake Pig ends up seeming like a weak copy of that one, despite the fact that it came first.

The music is inherently the same, which means that the music here is awesome too. We're talking crazy acoustic guitar work, drums and percussion duos, Joey's unique vocals--the usual works. The songs themselves aren't terribly progressive (and this will sound a bit narrow-minded, be warned): very little in the way of alternate time signatures, standard chord progressions, not much in the way of drawing sounds from other musical disciplines, and so forth. However, that funky, syncopating acoustic guitar proves that 3 is not just a standard rock band.

I mentioned Bramfatura and Amaze Disgrace earlier. In all honesty, these are the only two tracks off this album that I play very regularly, and without them, the album would be struggling for a two star rating from me. Bramfatura showcases Joey Eppard's virtuosic acoustic work, with him smacking that wooden instrument like it owed him money in three different currencies. This is the primary example of prog showing up here. It is very complicated and very fast. Something everybody who enjoys listening to fancy acoustic work should give a chance. Secondly, there is the final track Amaze Disgrace. No, it is not 16 minutes long, though it says so up there. Rather, it's something more like eight minutes with some silence and a bonus track. The song itself, though, is a perfect statement of the band's artistic desires, a monument to their creativity and talent, especially vocally. The hidden track features a long drums plus percussion solo section, making it a fun way to close off the album.

In all, again, this is fun music. It is fast paced and clever. But when it comes to being progressive, it falls short. The tracks blur together because most of them are basically the same. The two titan tracks (one being a bit shorter than titan would seem to imply), though, make this album necessary for anyone who heard The End Is Begun and is curious about more.

To any person interested in the band, I would recommend starting with The End Is Begun and seeing if that appeals to you first, as it's musically stronger and a bit more diverse. If it works for you, though, jump right into Wake Pig, and chances are you'll like what you find.

Send comments to LiquidEternity (BETA) | Report this review (#184023) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 28, 2008

Review by horsewithteeth11
4 stars Three is a modern prog rock band that is hard to put your finger on. At times, they obviously fit into the crossover genre of prog, others as an alt rock group, and lately they've begun to incorporate elements of metal. While sticking out like a sore thumb in the progressive genre, Three has certainly been on a mission to make themselves known to the prog community (as well as the music scene overall). They've opened on Porcupine Tree's U.S. tours and this year headlined the Progressive Nation Tour with Dream Theater, Opeth, and Between the Buried and Me. I didn't become aware of Three until a friend highly recommended them to me. And to be honest, I'm very glad he did. They've quickly become one of my favorite bands, although granted they aren't the type of band that appeals to the average prog fan, especially since a large number of them cringe at the thought of "alternative rock". However, never fear, for Three is a group of aspiring young musicians with the talented and classically trained guitarist Joey Eppard at the helm, whose powerful voice and talent with his instrument (as very well noticed in Bramfatura, a 1:40 guitar solo where he really gets to shine) hardly goes unnoticed. This album has eleven tracks, and even though it's only one over ten, I don't really feel like taking the time to highlight every track that the album offers unless I'm 1) feeling extremely motivated or 2) I have a good reason to do so aka a 5-star album. While this is certainly an album where Three has begun to move towards a heavier element, it has yet to reach the perfection that I think is exhibited in the album that came after this one, The End Is Begun. Therefore, I can only give it 4 stars. However, I would recommend that if you are new to Three to make either this or TEIB your starting point for the band.

Send comments to horsewithteeth11 (BETA) | Report this review (#188723) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 10, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'Wake Pig' - Three (7/10)

After a pretty impressive introduction to Three's music by way of their great album 'The End Is Begun,' I was interested to explore more of the band's repetoire. After having done many an internet search, it seemed the best course to pursue was to buy this album, 'Wake Pig.' Having also been previleged enough to see this band live in concert (one of the most exciting concert performances of my life) I recognized from the track listings that the band had also played quite a few songs at the concert from this album.

I have to say, I'm not sure why there is great wave of criticism calling it nothing more than 'non- essential.' In my eye, this is the quintessential Three album, and the most consistent release of theirs yet.

While 'The End Is Begun' had some songs that I really did not enjoy, or found boring, this album is well stocked with good songwriting. As far as it goes altogether as an album, 'The End Is Begun' was a bit more thoughtfully composed but song-by-song, 'Wake Pig' is the victor. There are a few weaker tracks on the album (although the only truly annoying track is the inane 'Where's Max' which is nothing short of stupid) but these small shortfalls are balanced out by a handful of exceptional songs, including the trademark acoustic instrumental of Joey Eppard (that put him on the map as a guitarist) 'Bramfatura' and the epic finale 'Amaze Disgrace.'

For others such as myself whose first experience with the band Three was through 'The End Is Begun,' I dare you to try out 'Wake Pig' with an open mind.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#234143) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 22, 2009

Review by Andy Webb
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Site and Forum Admin
4 stars The anomaly known as "Three."

Over their 10 or so year existence, Three has incorporated quite a few musical styles in their music. Sometimes it's easy to yell crossover prog at the complex multi-faceted music. From alt rock, to pop, to prog, to metal, to hard rock, to this, to that, to something else and they do it again! Lately, however, with their latest releases, the metal has become more prevalent. The music is still highly experimental, with so much fun stuff packed into the songs its amazing some of the music sounds as good as it does. This is one of their few albums where it does sound fantastic, where as some studio albums lack that spark.

Alien Angel is that signature Three sound mixed with that signature Three metal: the perfect Three sound. Joey Eppard's pseudo-virtuoso guitar playing and great vocals, mixed with Billy Riker smashing guitar work makes this track especially special. Not only is the metal riffing a great asset, but also that funky bass work that backs it. This track is no doubt a great way to open up the album.

Funky instrumentals for the win! Where's Max is one of those odd songs that always makes onto the track listing. The track displays an obvious Les Claypool and Primus influence, with out there bass work and busy funk guitar. The track is a little sloppy with organization, with a couple transitions that are weak. Overall, however, this track is a good one, and it really leads you to ask, where the hell *is* Max?

Ah, Dregs, the best song in their set list that it's been put on three albums (yay for puns?). Superb creativity oozes out of this song like an experimental goo. Perfect transitions between varying feels and dynamics, with some one quarter cheesy and three quarters really cool lyrics. There always seems to be a point in my favorite music where I just can't describe it's excellence, and this is one of them. This song is easily one of the best on this album, keeping up a nice streak of great tracks.

Wake Pig welcomes in Three's pop influence as a friend among it's others quite easily. The metal in the music is obvious, as is that signature funk-metal-prog-pop sound. However, much of the verses has that feel that years for the radio. However, the saving grace for this is the chorus. Ripping through any music that threatens its perfection, its finger popping excellence is superb. The rhythm is the best quality, keeping those notes perfectly in sync with each other. The breakdown instrumental section is the next plus, with some creative soloing that often isn't found in their music.

Bramfatura is simply a pretentious show off solo. But trust, that is NOT a bad thing. Heck, half of the classic instrumental sections in any prog song is just that. This shows shows Joey Eppard's impressive skills with the acoustic guitar. With this song, that man could easily go up against giants like Al Di Meola or John McLaughlin.

Trust is another nice funk-metal song with slight, but minimum, pop influence. Creative drumming and nice lyrical work keep this song going. Great breakdowns and creative instrumentation are also a great plus to this great song. It isn't the best on the album, but it easily keeps the great pace of the album going.

Dogs of War somewhat stops the continuity of upbeet funk-metal on this album. Much slower and melancholy than its predecessors, Dogs of War has a certain personality to it. Real compassion can be heard in the vocal work, with some deliberate and sincere instrumentation. I guess this track could be seen as a nice transition/intermission from the great string of fantastic tracks.

Soul to Sell is a short little vignette of funky pop prog rock. Clocking in at just over 2 minutes, not much is in the song, but it's still a strong effort. Some strong vocal work meshes quite nicely with the strong instrumentation, as always.

Queen goes back to those quintessential funk-metal roots. Opening with a fantastic riff, that breaks down to a jazzy vocal piece. This is the kind of stuff that really got me into Three, fantastic riffing, creative breakdowns, signature sounds, and just overall superb creativity. This track lines up right behind Dregs and Wake Pig as one of the better on the album.

Monster is way more funk than anything else. Another short vignette nearly three minutes, the funky bass is really what pushes the song along. It is weaker than the rest of the tracks, but is still a powerful performance. The song is a great 2 and a half minutes to listen to, even though the song isn't as creative as the rest of the album.

Here she is, boys, the epic of the day. The 15 minute rendition of the previously released Amaze Disgrace (now Amazedisgrace), is at its finest. Even by itself, a much shorter 5 minute performance, is impressive. It was easily the best track on the weak Summercamp Nightmare and Half Life. Powerful vocal, instrumental, melodic, rhythmic, and everything work makes this song spectacular. When the addition to the song starts playing, it really shows you the intense musicianship of this band. No, the solos are not played by John Petrucci or Joe Satriani, but they are still highly impressive. When the actual song stops, the hidden track (thank god) does not take long to open. The new rendition of Trust is creative and fun, and neither adds nor detracts from the overall song. After "Trust" finishes, a welcome drum solo is played, showing the drummer's creative and impressive talent. Overall, this dynamic song ends the album on a spectacular note, showing Three's capability of great dynamics and variety.

ALBUM OVERALL: A very, very strong album. Each track has special qualities and a strong sense of creativity, with that signature funk-metal sound. The only weak tracks are Where's Max? and maybe Dogs of War. Strong instrumentation really shows how the band can stretch their creative muscles. Vocal work is strong and compassionate, showing Joey Eppard's willingness to really pour himself into the music. 4+ stars.

Send comments to Andy Webb (BETA) | Report this review (#352938) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4 stars Three is a true prog band with a very fresh sound. These guys manage to combine different and heterogenous elements. Led by the lead vocalist and guitarist Joey Eppard, Three were famous in the underground scene. Eppard has mentioned that their main influences are Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, ... (read more)

Report this review (#299494) | Posted by DeKay | Friday, September 17, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Now trying to find 3 are quite a challenge, especially online, with the name of the band being a number, quite a common number if I'm not mistaken. Yes, I did search online for this album, saying that Newry is like a bottomless pit when it comes to music (only found the new Hawkwind album yeste ... (read more)

Report this review (#291322) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Wednesday, July 21, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This is a pretty good album. Nothing more, nothing less. 3, the crossover band from Woodstock, really hit a home run for me with their last release, "The End is Begun". After hearing it, I scrambled to purchase the previous release, Wake Pig. My overall impression? Meh. 3's strength lie ... (read more)

Report this review (#239117) | Posted by Tarquin Underspoon | Sunday, September 13, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THREE "Wake Pig"