AKELDAMA

Buy THE FACELESS Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. An Autopsy (3:11)
2. Pestilence (3:54)
3. All Dark Graves (3:50)
4. Horizons of Chaos 1: Oracle of the Onslaught (3:38)
5. Horizons of Chaos 2: Hypocrisy (3:43)
6. Leica (5:12)
7. Akeldama (5:51)
8. The Ghost of A Stranger (3:55)

Search THE FACELESS Akeldama lyrics

- Brett Batdorf / drums
- Andy Taylor / drums
- Nick Pierce / drums
- Navene Koperwies / drums

CD Sumerian Records (2006)

Thanks to The T for the addition

THE FACELESS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE FACELESS Akeldama Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Planetary DualityPlanetary Duality
Sumerian Records 2008
Eyes OF Blue SkyEyes OF Blue Sky
Audio CD$29.99 (used)
FacelessFaceless
CD Baby 2004

More places to buy THE FACELESS music online Buy THE FACELESS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE FACELESS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE FACELESS Akeldama ratings distribution

THE FACELESS Akeldama reviews

Review by UMUR
3 stars Akeldama is the debut album from American tech death metal band The Faceless. The Faceless is in the brutal end of the death metal spectra even though they show more contemporary tendencies towards genres like metalcore and deathcore. The main ingredients in The Faceless music is technical death metal though.

The music is generally very technical and there are lots of sections in every song. I hear influences from many different extreme metal genres like Swedish old school death metal ( just listen to the opening riff of the first song, itīs pure nostalgia for someone like me) as mentioned above metalcore and deathcore, tech death metal like Atheist, Death and Cynic, hardcore breakdowns like the ones used by Dying Fetus. I heard a riff that reminded me of Pestilence from Testimony of the Ancients and the deep growling vocals reminds me of Coldworker ( there are also some screaming vocals). There are also some keyboard parts here and there. The music on Akeldama is a mix of various metal genres as you can probably understand from my description. Itīs quite eclectic in that respect. There are lots of tempo and time signature changes in every song, which means these songs never get boring. The changes flow really well and I donīt feel any riff seems forced which is one of the most common flaws in this type of music.

The musicians are very well playing and itīs a joy to listen to their skills. I will mention drummer Brett Batdorf for his unbelievably fast and precise playing.

The production is good and emphasises the brutality in the music well.

I think this is a good tech death metal album that lends both from classic nineties tech death metal and from more contemporary genres like metalcore and deathcore. I like their music when they play their brutal parts while I think the music is a bit generic when it comes to the more melodic parts. The use of keyboards isnīt to my liking either. There are lots of great things to mention about Akeldama, but there are also parts that I donīt like. This means that this otherwise high quality tech death metal album receives a 3 star rating from me. There are simply too many contemporary tendencies that I donīt like in the music for me to justify giving the album 4 stars. Iīm sure others will feel differently about this than me but I do prefer the nineties tech death metal style over the more contemporary approach to the genre.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#172601) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, May 30, 2008

5 stars I think If you are a Big Death Metal Fan this is an Essential Album. Its very clean, crisp, hardcore, brutal, technical death metal and it is definitely worth checking out. You may be a prog snob, but If you are a musician or can respect insane great technically complex instrumentation i'd defini ... (read more)

Report this review (#211412) | Posted by hawkcwg | Wednesday, April 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE FACELESS "Akeldama"