THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Best - YesBest - Yes
Moon Records
Best of 1970 - 1987 by YesBest of 1970 - 1987 by Yes
Wea Japan
Best of by YES (2012-08-15)Best of by YES (2012-08-15)
Wea Int'l
The Best Of Yes (1970-1987) By Yes (2012-04-23)The Best Of Yes (1970-1987) By Yes (2012-04-23)
Rhino
YES Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes CD BRAND NEW Greatest Hits USD $7.91 Buy It Now 5h 35m
YES - BEST OF YES CD NEW+ USD $16.19 Buy It Now 19h 19m
YES Highlights "The Very Best Of Yes" (Atlantic 7567-82517-2) CD/Prog rock USD $3.98 Buy It Now 22h 42m
YES Roundabout "The Best Of Yes - Live" (Music Club MCCD 524) CD/Prog rock USD $3.98 Buy It Now 22h 43m
YES - The Best of Yes: 1970-1987 - Japan CD - WPCR-15326 USD $46.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Eddie Cantor Best Of inc Yes Sir That's My Baby + Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $9.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Wonderous Stories (The Best of , 2014) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
4 YES CD LOT - CLASSIC + 90125 + THE LADDER (NEW) + HIGHLIGHTS BEST OF USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
BACCARA - THE COLLECTION CD VGC Best of, Yes Sir, I Can Boogie Greatest Hits USD $4.41 [0 bids]
YES ~ HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF YES ~ CASSETTE TAPE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) 782517-2 USD $5.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
YES The Best Of 1970-1987 CD NEW USD $12.47 Buy It Now 3 days
YES - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes - Single Disc - VG++ USD $2.88 Buy It Now 4 days
YES THE BEST OF CD NEW USD $4.36 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes We Can Can:best of the Blue Thumb - Sisters Pointer New & Sealed Compact Dis USD $12.75 Buy It Now 4 days
YES - Highlights: The Very Best of (CD 1993) USA Promo EXC-NM Prog Greatest Hits USD $3.97 Buy It Now 5 days
YES - The Very Best of Yes (CD 1993) USD $6.66 Buy It Now 5 days
YES THE BEST OF YES 1970 - 1987 SEALED CD NEW GREATEST HITS USD $4.54 Buy It Now 5 days
NEW The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way (Audio CD) USD $11.74 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.79 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $9.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $8.95 Buy It Now 5 days
The Best Of 80's Pop Love Songs (CD, 1990, Rhino) INXS, Cars, Yes, Foreigner USD $3.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $3.29 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes Yes Audio CD USD $6.78 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $3.50 Buy It Now 6 days
JON & VANGELIS lp THE BEST OF argentina ID# 19226 1985 POLYODR 27225 YES/VANGELI USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES [USED CD] USD $4.49 Buy It Now 6 days
BEST OF YES [USED CD] USD $6.24 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes - The Best Of Live Signed Autographed Cd USD $13.32 Buy It Now 6 days
?? BEST OF SUMMER HITS "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie - BACCARA" NIP USD $11.56 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes Highlights The Very Best Of Yes Brand New CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Best of Yes 1970-1987 CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $0.70 [0 bids]
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 6 days
RICK WAKEMAN THE CLASSIC TRACKS CD HALLMARK 1996 YES SOLO PROJECT BEST OF SET USD $2.13 Buy It Now 6 days
YES: HIGHLIGHTS - THE VERY BEST OF YES - CD USD $4.42 Buy It Now 6 days
YES WE CAN CAN: THE BEST OF THE BLUE THUMB RECORDINGS [USED CD] USD $15.48 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes - Best Of: 1970-1987 (NEW CD) USD $8.98 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings (Audio CD) USD $11.00 Buy It Now 6 days
YES - Topography The Anthology 2 CD Studio Live Solo Classics Best Of + slipcase USD $3.32 Buy It Now 7 days
YES "HIGHLIGHTS / THE VERY BEST OF" CD / USED USD $4.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - Very Best Of Yes (1993) - Used - Compact Disc USD $0.99 Buy It Now 7 days
YES: THE VERY BEST OF YES [USED DVD] USD $16.04 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes CD USD $1.32 [0 bids]
THE BEST OF PINO DANIELE: YES I KNOW MY WAY [USED CD] USD $8.45 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes - Greatest Hits - Awesome! USD $8.00 Buy It Now 7 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes Cd Highlights - The Very Best of Yes 1993 Atlantic USD $9.85 Buy It Now 7 days
YES "HIGHLIGHTS" THE VERY BEST OF YES CASSETTE TAPE GERMANY RARE! NEW USD $8.95 Buy It Now 7 days
YES-ROUNDABOUT THE BEST OF YES LIVE-CD-LIVE AT THE HOUSE OF BLUES USA 1999 USD $5.14 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - Wonderous Stories: The Best Of Yes 2 x CD USD $14.65 Buy It Now 7 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
YES Highlight Very Best of As New CD Owner Lonely Heart Seen All Good People ++ USD $4.42 [0 bids]
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best Of (NEW CD) USD $7.31 Buy It Now 8 days
Best of Yes Yes CD Sealed ! New ! 2012 Greatest hits USD $4.65 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes-Yes - The Very Best Of CD NEW USD $18.49 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings, New Music USD $13.86 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label))†† Minty USD $7.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Best of Yes New CD USD $8.63 Buy It Now 10 days
The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way New CD USD $9.75 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes: The Very Best of Yes New DVD USD $18.48 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by Pointer Sisters USD $7.95 Buy It Now 11 days
YES CD THE BEST OF YES 1970 1987 BRAND NEW MADE EDITED IN CHILE RARE COLLECTIBLE USD $22.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Classic YES Cassette 1981 Best Of Progressive Rock Compilation Greatest Hits USD $6.79 Buy It Now 11 days
Best Of Yes Yes Audio CD USD $9.09 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes New CD USD $8.93 Buy It Now 11 days
YES - Topography The Anthology 2 CD Album Studio Live Solo Classics Best Of Rare USD $6.65 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993, Atlantic USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes WONDEROUS STORIES Best Of 20 Songs ESSENTIAL COLLECTION New Sealed 2 CD USD $8.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Wonderous Stories - The Best Of, Yes, 5014797675407 USD $10.44 Buy It Now 12 days
Wonderous Stories - The Best Of, Yes, 5014797675407 USD $8.85 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart: The Best Of (DVD) USD $27.19 Buy It Now 13 days
SNOW PATROL UP TO NOW 2CD BEST OF CHASING CARS CHOCOLATE RUN SPITTING CITY YES USD $6.65 Buy It Now 13 days
WONDEROUS STORIES: THE BEST OF YES [USED CD] USD $7.96 Buy It Now 13 days
YES, Highlights, The Very Best Of, Greatest Hits, Warner Australia **NEW CD** USD $7.35 Buy It Now 13 days
Wonderous Stories-the Best of - Yes CD-JEWEL CASE USD $17.62 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes - Highlights (The Very Best of Yes) (CD 1993) USD $6.65 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes - Highlight The Very Best Of Yes / TH Cassette USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Best Of:yes I Know My Way - Pino Daniele Compact Disc USD $11.58 Buy It Now 14 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14 days
YES Highlights / The Very Best Of CD USD $7.32 Buy It Now 14 days
YES**VERY BEST OF YES**CD + DVD SET USD $11.95 Buy It Now 14 days
Baccara - Best Of - CD NEW & SEALED Yes Sir I Can Boogie USD $6.65 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes - Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes - Yes CD WEVG USD $5.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings, Pointer Sisters, New USD $14.30 Buy It Now 15 days
33 RPM LP Record The Best Of Tommy Dorsey Yes Indeed RCA Victor LSP-3674 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Prog Rock Lot of 4 Classic Yes, Ole ELO, Styx Best Of, Alan Parsons Project Best USD $25.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $8.00 Buy It Now 15 days
YES - ROUNDABOUT, THE BEST OF...LIVE. / ( ASIA , NEKTAR , ELP , STEVE HOWE ). USD $9.56 Buy It Now 15 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes 1970-1987 JAPAN CD 1999 (AMCY-6051) OBI OOP! USD $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Rick Wakeman: Classic Tracks CD 2008 Yes Solo Best Of Greatest Hits SFMCD003 NEW USD $5.95 Buy It Now 15 days
Yes - Best Of: 1970-1987 NEW CD USD $4.71 Buy It Now 16 days
YES - Ultimate Yes (35th Anniversary Collection) - 2xCD Album *Best Of**Hits* USD $4.65 Buy It Now 16 days
YES - Wonderous Stories (The Best Of Yes) -2xCD Album *NEW & SEALED**Hits**Promo USD $6.99 Buy It Now 16 days
The Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can: Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings CD NEW USD $16.48 Buy It Now 16 days
CD something's coming - the bbc recordings 1969-1970
~ USD $24.51
LP time and a word
~ USD $19.95
More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"
Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"