THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Rhino/Elektra 2003
The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
YES WHAT! 1 - 6 Classic OZ Radio Show CDs like new US $54.90 Buy It Now 32m 40s
SHIRLEY BROWN - YES SIR BROTHER / WOMAN TO WOMAN..U.S TRUTH US $9.73 Buy It Now 33m 50s
THE DATE WITH SOUL: Yes Sir, That's My Baby / Bee Side Soul RARE 45 NM NORTHERN US $49.99 Buy It Now 34m 36s
Close to the Edge by Yes US $4.24 Buy It Now 35m 43s
Exodus The Most Beautiful Day- Polish symph prog CD 1980 Eloy Yes Genesis US $7.50 Buy It Now 42m 32s
sonic & trip - yes please - Japan CD J-POP - 8Tracks US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h
Do Me Bad Things : YES! CD (2001) US $3.98 Buy It Now 1h 5m
YES Going For The One 1977 1st U.K. pressing LP in Triple Fold-Out Sleeve! US $10.56 Buy It Now 1h 14m
PROMO WHITE LABEL / YES AND YOU AND I / 7INCH 45RPM US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 21m
YES The Yes Album LP EX UK 1971 Atlantic Records Gatefold Sleeve US $19.47 Buy It Now 1h 48m
YES Classic 1981 JP LP + "7" EP & song sheet US $26.12 Buy It Now 1h 57m
DJ RAGS yes yes y'all CD 3 track b/w represent and ol dirty loop (hard20cd) euro US $8.10 Buy It Now 1h 58m
CHRISTIE ALLEN Magic Rhythm / Only Yes Will Do 1979 OZ 45 US $8.68 Buy It Now 2h
BECK GUERO CD ALTERNATIVE ROCK NINTH ALBUM E-PRO HELL YES GIRL MISSING BRAND NEW US $19.14 Buy It Now 2h 2m
YES BIG GENERATOR PRODUCT NEW ALBUM RABIN HORN .1987 30X20cm CUTTING ADVERT US $6.48 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Yes - Relayer CD JDC US $13.70 Buy It Now 2h 38m
RICK WAKEMAN(YES)AUGUST 200? TOUR POSTER MINT US $5.19 Buy It Now 2h 43m
Yes - and Friends new and sealed 2CD US $4.86 Buy It Now 2h 55m
SMOKEY ROBINSON YES IT'S YOU LADY 1982 MOTOWN US $3.25 [0 bids]
YES - Lift Me Up / Give & Take 1991 USA Arista Records 7" Single & Label Sleeve US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE - LP RECORD 33 RPM - 1972 US $16.23 [0 bids]
BUFFSEEDS casino CD 3 track digipack b/w yes i started the instore fight and eve US $8.10 Buy It Now 3h 40m
YES - UK CONCERT LIVE TOUR FLYER 2014 - SQUIRE - HOWE - DOWNES - DAVISON US $1.61 [0 bids]
The Yes Album (Exp & Rem) Jon Anderson Steve Howe Bill Bruford Tony Kaye US $9.40 [0 bids]
45 RPM RECORD / THE SENSATIONS / LET ME IN & OH YES, I'LL BE TRUE / ARGO / 5405 US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
YES 90125 INSERT RARE ISRAEL LP US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Yes! ~ Jason Mraz US $8.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
YES DRAMA (1980 VINYL LP IN A GATEFOLD SLEEVE+INSERT) US $16.23 Buy It Now 4h 24m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE 1972 ATLANTIC K 50012 EX US $8.04 [0 bids]
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS DOUBLE ALBUM 1973 ATLANTIC K80001 EX US $6.42 [0 bids]
Yes - Close To The Edge music cd US $3.23 [0 bids]
YES THE YES ALBUM 1971 JAPAN CD OBI 2000yen 20P2 1ST PRESS US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 33m
The Beatles Ticket To Ride/Yes It Is Vinyl 45 on Capitol Records US $75.00 [0 bids]
BONNIE OWENS 'How Can Our Cheatin' Be Wrong' / Yes I Love You Only Promo 45 nice US $2.82 [0 bids]
5h
CD "YES I AM MELISSA" MELISSA ETHERIDGE / Come to My Window / +++ US $0.99 [0 bids]
Lavatory - Yes It Hurts CD 1996 Tug Records US $29.00 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Yes Tormato LP US $8.12 Buy It Now 5h 5m
LP - Yes Big Generator vinyl record album 1987 US $4.86 Buy It Now 5h 9m
LP - Yes Fragile vinyl record gatefold album + booklet 1971 Atlantic rare US $64.95 Buy It Now 5h 9m
LP - Yes Tormato vinyl record album 1978 Atlantic US $8.10 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Yes Going for the One 1977 Original Press, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $17.16 Buy It Now 5h 13m
ELUVEITIE:Yes We Can:T-shirt:NEW:Pick from 4 sizes US $26.16 Buy It Now 5h 14m
FRESH & ONLYS, The - Yes Or No - 7" US $8.51 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Yes, Please by Fourplay (CD, Aug-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Jon Anderson - Animation - Great NM LP - Yes man US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Jon Anderson - 3 Ships - Beautiful NM LP - Yes man US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Yes - Close to The Edge, Going for The One, Drama ,Yes Shows - 4 LP Record Set US $19.95 [0 bids]
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE LP ORIGINAL 1972 FRENCH PRESSING IN TEXTURED SLEEVE US $19.47 Buy It Now 5h 41m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - THOMPSON TWINS - YES - ARTIST 486 US $11.35 Buy It Now 5h 44m
THE CHI LITES-HAVE YOU SEEN HER-YES IM READY US $0.16 [1 bids]
JON ANDERSON (YES) 'IN THE CITY OF ANGELS' US IMPORT LP 'PROMOTION ONLY' COPY US $16.23 Buy It Now 5h 55m
YES - DON'T KILL THE WHALE - NEW ZEALAND PRESSING 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1978 US $11.24 Buy It Now 5h 56m
YES 'GOING FOR THE ONE' UK LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES '90125' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'YESTERDAYS' UK LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'THE YES ALBUM' UK LP 1st PRESSING A1/B1 ORANGE/PLUM LABEL US $64.95 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'SHOWS' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'DRAMA' UK LP GATEFOLD SLEEVE US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS' US IMPORT DOUBLE LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'CLASSIC YES' US IMPORT LP US $14.60 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'TORMATO' UK LP US $12.98 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES 'THE YES ALBUM' US IMPORT LP US $16.23 Buy It Now 6h 6m
YES '9012 LIVE THE SOLOS' GERMAN IMPORT LP US $11.35 Buy It Now 6h 6m
KLYMAXX 45rpm w/pic slv...I'D STILL SAY YES...MCA...VG++/VG++...'87 US $4.75 Buy It Now 6h 6m
RAY CHARLES YES INDEED NM- MONO LP DG vinyl 8025 US $48.95 Buy It Now 6h 9m
PATRICK MORAZ MINT SELF TITLED PROMO YES Vinyl Album LP US $19.95 Buy It Now 6h 9m
Richie Davis - Still Say Yes ORIG JA 7" JAMMYS EX US $4.87 Buy It Now 6h 10m
YES DRAMA PLAY GRADE EXC!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 11m
YES THE YES ALBUM PLAY GRADE EXC! US $14.95 Buy It Now 6h 17m
YES "YES SHOWS" PLAY GRADE NM!! TOP COPY!! US $12.95 Buy It Now 6h 17m
Beenie Man - Oh Yes No Guess ORIG JA 7" Shocking Vibes EX DANCEHALL US $4.86 Buy It Now 6h 20m
Yes - Yessongs (NEW CD) US $10.95 Buy It Now 6h 21m
Yes - Tormato (Remastered) (NEW CD) US $8.43 Buy It Now 6h 21m
YES)STEVE HOWE Japan 1975 LP BEGINNING US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
YELLOWCARD - WHEN YOU'RE THROUGH THINKING, SAY YES - NEW CD US $9.97 Buy It Now 6h 33m
rare YES rock band lot set SORCERER'S APPRENTICE vinyl lp record + LEAVE IT 12" US $19.99 [0 bids]
CD Clearance - final markdown. Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge US $0.99 [0 bids]
Pet Shop Boys - Yes (NEW CD) US $14.20 Buy It Now 6h 38m
YES The Studio Albums 1969-1987 2013 12x CD Box Set NEW & SEALED US $63.26 Buy It Now 6h 43m
YES:Every Little Thing 5:24-Sweetness 3:49-U.S.7" 1970 Atlantic Recs. 45-2709 DJ US $34.98 Buy It Now 6h 45m
Various Artists,CD,Top Hits of 80s,INXS,A-Ha,Devo,Yes,Ambrosia,Escape Club,Todd US $7.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER LP~TRILOGY~1972 USA 1ST PRESS~COTILLION SD9903 PROG YES US $4.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake and Palmer s/t Cotillion ORIGINAL '71 US PRESSING PROG YES US $6.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY RAY - YES TONIGHT JOSEPHINE NEW CD US $246.06 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Lot of 4 70's CDs Yes Fragile The Eagles James Taylor Cat Stevens Tea Tillerman US $18.00 Buy It Now 6h 55m
Yes I Will - Gilberto Sextet SALSA Ultra Rare CD Barrio US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Yes - Tormato (1994) US $4.86 [0 bids]
YES-CLOSE TO THE EDGE-12" LP ALBUM-ATLANTIC 1972-K 50012 US $5.67 [0 bids]
CROSSPULSE/CROSSPULS - I LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU (YES I DO!) - NEW CD US $10.21 Buy It Now 7h 16m
Atlantic cd The Very Best Of Yes US $2.50 Buy It Now 7h 17m
Yes - Symphonic Live (NEW CD) US $12.57 Buy It Now 7h 18m
Yes - Nakashima,Miki New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $31.16 Buy It Now 7h 23m
Yes, Please by Happy Mondays (CD, Sep-1992, Elektra (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
MARVELETTES "HE'S A GOOD GUY (YES HE IS)" CLASSIC EARLY MOTOWN LISTEN! US $12.98 Buy It Now 7h 32m
Vintage 10" Vocalion Aeolian Co. shellac pressing-Yes, We Have No Bananas. US $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 33m
YES - Big Generator (reissue) - gatefold heavyweight vinyl LP US $48.06 Buy It Now 7h 37m
Yoko Ono - Yes, I'm a Witch (2007) - CD - VG US $6.48 [0 bids]
MELISSA ETHERIDGE-YES I AM USED CD US $1.79 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold)Drama-Atlantic-K 50736-UK-VG/VG US $13.19 Buy It Now 7h 43m
Yes(Vinyl LP Gatefold 2nd State)Yes-Atlantic-K 40034-UK-Ex+/Ex+ US $40.59 Buy It Now 7h 47m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#106660) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#160771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 04, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#306095) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"