THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Fly From HereFly From Here
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
Victoria Bond - Yes [CD New] US $19.38 Buy It Now 30m 8s
YES CD SONGS OF REPLAYER 2 CD SET CRAB NEBULA STAGE 1976 AMR US $24.99 Buy It Now 30m 21s
1976 BLUES ROCK Kevin Ayers / Yes We Have No Mananas LP VG++ Vinyl % US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 24s
YES - Big Generator - LP - Warners ATCO WX70 790 522-1 US $17.67 Buy It Now 32m 31s
Yes THE YES ALBUM CD ~ Exc. Used Condition I'VE SEEN ALL GOOD PEOPLE US $4.99 Buy It Now 33m 4s
1978 PROG ROCK Yes / Tormato ORIGINAL RELEASE VG+/VG+ @ US $4.00 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Chi-Lites Have You Seen Her / Yes I'm Ready (If I Don't Get To Go) 45 NM C-1023 US $12.95 Buy It Now 33m 50s
Saigon: Say yes SEALED 12" 12inch record single 2c US $6.00 Buy It Now 34m 38s
Yes I Am (Melissa Etheridge album) - RETAIL CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 43s
YES *VG+* 1993 US ATLANTIC CD "THE VERY BEST OF YES" US $3.69 Buy It Now 36m 33s
LP YES "CLOSE TO THE EDGE" ATLANTIC SD 7244 (1972) Textured cvr US $12.99 Buy It Now 36m 52s
Yes: Fragile US $7.00 [0 bids]
36m 56s
Prog Lp YES "YESTERDAY" ATLANTIC SD 19134 (1974) US $6.99 Buy It Now 37m 41s
vintage 4" Sew On Patch YES Rick Wakeman anderson 1970`s DENIM US $8.02 [1 bids]
38m 9s
Yes, FRAGILE, Atlantic SD 19132 US $6.99 Buy It Now 41m 56s
POINTER SISTERS: Yes We Can Can / Jada 45 Funk US $10.00 Buy It Now 44m 43s
Yes - Close To The Edge [Remastered] NEW CD ALBUM US $10.71 Buy It Now 45m 36s
YES Logo Vintage 70`s/80`s Button Badge Pin(25mm-1") Anderson Wakeman Howe #Y105 US $6.42 Buy It Now 46m 44s
78 rpm record by AMBROSE & His Orchestra, "She Didn't Say Yes", on HMV B6153, E US $6.42 [0 bids]
47m 3s
BEES**EVERY STEP'S A YES (DELUXE EDITION/BONUS TRACKS)**CD US $13.78 Buy It Now 50m 17s
Jon And Vangelis Lp Short Stories Nr Mint Jon Anderson of YES w Vangelis US $3.99 [0 bids]
50m 33s
MIKE DOUGHTY**YES AND ALSO YES (GATEFOLD SLEEVE)**VINYL US $16.64 Buy It Now 51m 20s
YES "FRAGILE" ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL U.S. 24K GOLD CD IN BOX STILL SEALED 82534-2!! US $149.99 [0 bids]
52m 5s
Saigon 12 inch 33 RPM Vinyl Record Say Yes - Contraband - Now A Days with Rough US $5.99 Buy It Now 52m 51s
Bobby Marchan NORTHERN 45 (Fire 510) Look At My Heart/Yes, It's Written All... US $5.95 Buy It Now 58m 22s
Poster Size Advert 15x10 Iron Butterfly on tour with Yes & Dada US $19.30 Buy It Now 59m 46s
Chuck Berry "Havana Moon" "Ramona, Say Yes" 45 record 1963 US $7.00 Buy It Now 59m 53s
YES "FRAGILE" ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL U.S. 24K GOLD CD MFSL SEALED UDCD-766!!! US $74.99 [0 bids]
1h
Teratism - Service For The Damned CD Yes, the wait is finally over! US $3.99 [0 bids]
YES "YES THE ALBUM" ATLANTIC 2400 101 ADVERT 15X12" US $19.30 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The Tongues of Men and Angels by LYRIAN (Genesis? Floyd? Tull? Marillion? Yes!) US $14.47 Buy It Now 1h 4m
YES NEW ATLANTIC ALBUM & TOUR DATES ADVERT 8X12" US $12.87 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Yes - Time And A Word - Russian Press US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
YES - HIGHLIGHTS - THE VERY BEST OF YES - FANTASTIC CD ALBUM US $3.20 [0 bids]
Yes Close To The Edge Lp US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes Tormato US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Roundabout - Long distance runaround Yes Atlantic OS 13140 US $2.97 Buy It Now 1h 16m
VANGELIS, Jon ANDERSON, YES, "Heaven and Hell" LP 1st US pressing RCA gold label US $4.50 [0 bids]
* BECK - HELL YES [3 TRACK EP] US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 20m
45 RECORD BARBARA MASON: KEEP HIM, YES I'M READY US $4.10 Buy It Now 1h 21m
YES 90125 CD West Germany Release [N_ot Remastered]NM-M US $14.37 Buy It Now 1h 21m
JASON MRAZ - YES! (CD 2014) NEW US $10.99 [0 bids]
YES-IN THE PRESENT LIVE FROM LYON-JAPAN ONLY 2CD LTD BONUS TRACK Ii50 US $60.50 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Yes by Morphine (CD, Mar-1995, Ryko Distribution) US $1.99 [0 bids]
YES 90125 CD Japan USA Release [N_ot Remastered] Near Mint Condition CD US $11.97 Buy It Now 1h 23m
John Fahey - Yes! Jesus Loves Me Guitar Hymns (RARE CD) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
TOMMY DORSEY yes indeed LP VG LPM 1229 Vinyl 1956 Record US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 26m
## SWEET SENSATION - SURETHING YES I DO / SAD SWEET DREAMER 45 SOUL PYE 1974 US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Leather Strip Yes: I'm Limited, Vol. 3 2CD NEW Metropolis ships fast US $3.99 [0 bids]
YES ~ WORLD TOUR 1977 WORLD TOUR ~ LIVE BOOT ~ LONG BEACH ~ IN SHRINK US $92.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
The Bonedaddy's - New Suit/Jokenge/Yes They Do - U.S. 12" VINYL SEALE US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $3.79 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Yes - Yesstory CD 2 Disc Set (1992, Atco) Best of Collection OOP US $2.99 [0 bids]
YES ~ WORLD TOUR 1977 WORLD TOUR ~ LIVE BOOT ~ LONG BEACH US $68.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
CHAKRA - S/T 79 US XIAN HEAVY PROGRESSIVE ROCK ALA RUSH YES LTD EDTION 180g LP US $29.95 Buy It Now 1h 34m
90125 by Yes (CD, Mar-1984, Atco (USA)) US $1.50 [0 bids]
45 rpm Lot of 4, Ricky Nelson, Yes Sir, That's My Baby, A Teenage Romance, US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Eddy Grant I Love You Yes I Love You 7" Vinyl Single US $7.24 Buy It Now 1h 44m
YES tales from topographic oceans 8 track tape US $9.99 [0 bids]
CD Melissa Etheridge Yes I Am US $7.64 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Lee Boys - Say Yes! [CD New] US $15.45 Buy It Now 1h 49m
If By Yes - Salt On Sea Glass [Vinyl New] US $16.65 Buy It Now 1h 49m
NOS MICHILLE WRIGHT......THE ANSWER IS YES US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Way Yes - Walkability [CD New] US $10.44 Buy It Now 1h 51m
AL PERKINS YES, MY GOODNESS, YES/ I STAND ACCUSED 45 VINYL ATCO US $3.00 [0 bids]
Affair - Yes Yes To You [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Troy Sneed - My Heart Says Yes [CD New] US $13.08 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Yes New York [CD New] US $10.06 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Band Of Bees (The Bees) - Every Step's A Yes [Vinyl New] US $20.19 Buy It Now 1h 57m
Wonderworld by Molly's Yes (CD, Oct-1999, Uptown/Universal) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes "Tormato" 8-Track Tape US $7.19 Buy It Now 1h 57m
YES GOING FOR THE ONE 1977 2 TRACK LTD / EDITION VINYL 12" SINGLE * VG/EX ITEM US $9.57 Buy It Now 1h 58m
The Sensations"Let Me In/Oh Yes,I'll Be True" 45 Record Argo 5405 US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Happy Mondays - Yes, Please (1992) Factory/Elektra Records US $1.59 [1 bids]
2h
Los Beatles-Socorro-Canciones De La Pelicula-LP-EMI-YES 168-Help-Argentina US $9.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Fragile. 8 track. Tested. US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
Yes - Love Will Find A Way - Rock 45 UNPLAYED US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
YES 90125 33 LP ATCO 1983 90125-1 tested works US $4.98 [0 bids]
YES: Yessongs LP Record tri-fold cover US $6.79 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Grapefruit Elevator US 45 / Yes Equinox 70005 VG++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
VA; Age of Atlantic UK LP GF Yes, MC5, Led Zeppelin, Clapton, Excellent rare US $27.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
YES repetrory of delirium ARTPARK REPETRORY THEATRE LEWSTON NY USA 2001 2CD US $58.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
SAMMY DAVIS JR "COURAGE" "YES I CAN" US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
Yes Fragile Vinyl LP Record Plum Label Rare US $29.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
YES - HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF NEW CD US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Kay Starr There's Yes in Your Eyes 78 Female Vocal Jazz Wish I Had Wishbone NICE US $7.61 Buy It Now 2h 20m
FAKE BLOOD YES/NO EP RARE 3 TRACK DJ CD [TOUCHE/THE BLACK GHOSTS/THE WISEGUYS] US $3.20 Buy It Now 2h 23m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE Yes I Am, CD, 1993, VG US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Trevor Rabin S/T US LP Sealed/NEW No Bar Code. '78. Chrysalis CHR 1196 (YES) US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
Yes...Going for the One....LP US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Vintage 78RPM Marta Tilton.As if I didn't have enough on my mind/Ah yes,there's US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Yes - Ultimate Yes 2-CD UK import US $15.99 Buy It Now 2h 32m
WILLIE CLAYTON * ABRA KA DABRA & SAY YES TO LOVE * 45 RPM US $8.50 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Tommy Dorsey Yes Indeed! Mono RCA Victor Long Play US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Yes CD Fragile 1972 ROUNDABOUT Jon Anderson KING CRIMSON Rick Wakeman ASIA prog US $5.00 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#106660) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#160771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 04, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#306095) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"