THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Highlights: The Very Best of  Yes (Rpkg)Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Rpkg)
Rhino / WEA 2007
Music Club Records 2003
Yes - The Best of Musikladen LiveYes - The Best of Musikladen Live
Geneon [Pioneer] 2003
DVD$11.99
Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes by Yes (1993-09-24)Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes by Yes (1993-09-24)
Rhino
Wonderous Stories: The Best Of Yes by Yes (2011-09-13)Wonderous Stories: The Best Of Yes by Yes (2011-09-13)
Music Club Deluxe

YES-YESSTORY-ATCO 2 DISCS CD Box 1992 Roger Dean Used Best Of Hits USD $11.50 Buy It Now 18h 27m
Yes - Highlights (The Very Best of) (CD) . FREE UK P+P ......................... USD $4.74 Buy It Now 20h 26m
The Best Of Yes (1970-1987) by Yes USD $10.94 Buy It Now 21h 4m
Pino Daniele - Best of: Yes I Know My Way [New CD] USD $11.36 Buy It Now 21h 38m
Pino Daniele - Best of: Yes I Know My Way [New CD] USD $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Santana- Abraxas; Yes- Classic Yes, Moody Blues- Best Of; 3 CD's For One Price! USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - The Best of Yes: 1970-1987 - Japan CD - WPCR-15326 USD $47.95 Buy It Now 1 day
HIGHLIGHTS - THE VERY BEST OF YES - CD - NEW - USD $14.31 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW Highlights: The Very Best of Yes Rpkg FREE SHIPPING USD $14.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes - CD - New USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Yes - Best Of Yes - CD - New USD $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Ultimate Yes CD 3 Disc Greatest Hits Compilation Best Of 1969-2003 Prog Rock New USD $17.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Highlights The Very Best Of Yes - Yes (CD Used Like New) USD $11.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Various - Best of Progressive Rock (CD 2000) Argent; Nice; Family; Yes; Rundgren USD $2.63 [0 bids]
YES Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes CD BRAND NEW Greatest Hits USD $10.84 Buy It Now 1 day
YES - BEST OF YES CD NEW+ USD $17.95 Buy It Now 2 days
HARRY JAMES - Yes Indeed - CD - Best Of - **Mint Condition** USD $26.95 Buy It Now 2 days
YES In a Word 5-DISC CD BOX SET Anthology Best of PROG ROCK USD $39.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
YES Roundabout CD UK Rca Victor 2003 7 Track Best Of (Mccd524) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 3 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $0.09 [0 bids]
The Best Of YES (1970-1987) WPCR-14748 CD JAPAN 2012 NEW USD $90.63 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes - Highlights (The Very Best of , 1993) USD $1.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Eddie Cantor Best Of inc Yes Sir That's My Baby + Cassette Tape - TESTED USD $4.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Highlights: The Very Best Of YES AMCY-621 CD JAPAN 1993 OBI USD $35.63 Buy It Now 4 days
YES Highlights / The Very Best Of CD USD $7.51 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes - The Ultimate - 35th Anniversary Collection - 2xCD - Hits/Best of/Singles - USD $4.87 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes - Highlights the Very Best of [New CD] Repackaged USD $13.93 Buy It Now 4 days
YES,HIGHLIGHTS,THE VERY BEST OF USD $3.49 [0 bids]
USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Rare Yes Indeed The B-Sides Quite The Best Of The B-Sides cd4255 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 4 days
YES HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF YES CD USD $2.99 Buy It Now 5 days
YES CD. GREATEST HITS..THE BEST OF.HIGNLIGHTS..JON ANDERSON USD $6.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits: Highlights, The Very Best Of [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Feb-2007,... USD $13.92 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, 1993) - Disc Only!!! USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Pino Daniele The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way CD, May-2005 USD $5.74 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes Highlights-Very Best Of CD NEW SEALED 1993 Owner Of A Lonely Heart+ USD $6.59 Buy It Now 6 days
YES HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF DIGITALLY REMASTERED NEW AND SEALED USD $1.31 [0 bids]
Yes We Can Can:best of the Blue Thumb - Sisters Pointer Compact Disc USD $11.91 Buy It Now 6 days
Greatest Hits: Highlights, The Very Best Of [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Feb-2007,... USD $10.37 Buy It Now 6 days
NEW The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way (Audio CD) USD $21.86 Buy It Now 6 days
Very Best Of Yes DVD USD $15.49 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes-The Best of Yes (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $8.41 Buy It Now 7 days
YES - HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $4.47 Buy It Now 7 days
LOT of 2 YES CDs Highlights The Very Best of Yes Big Generator USD $7.95 Buy It Now 7 days
?? BEST OF SUMMER HITS "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie - BACCARA" NIP USD $11.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes Highlights The Very Best Of Yes Brand New CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Best of Yes 1970-1987 CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes (19701987) [CD] USD $8.01 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes - Best Of: 1970-1987 (NEW CD) USD $9.56 Buy It Now 8 days
Highlights The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993 Atlantic EUC USD $12.00 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings (Audio CD) USD $11.29 Buy It Now 8 days
Ultimate Yes CD 3 Disc Greatest Hits Compilation Best Of 1969-2003 Prog Rock New USD $20.79 Buy It Now 8 days
YES - Highlights (The Very Best Of Yes) - CD Album USD $3.62 Buy It Now 8 days
YES - GREATEST HITS: HIGHLIGHTS, THE VERY BEST OF [REMASTER] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $13.05 Buy It Now 8 days
HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES (CD, 1993 - USA - Atlantic) BRAND NEW, "SEALED" USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon and Vangelis The Best of ( Jon Anderson, Yes) Excellent 1984 USD $11.75 Buy It Now 9 days
YES 2 CD SET. Yessongs..GREATEST HITS THE BEST OF..SOMGS USD $10.14 Buy It Now 9 days
'THE BEST OF BOBBY VEE' Album...Yes, It's VINYL! 12 Inches! Size Matters! NEW USD $13.70 Buy It Now 9 days
YES Highlights: The Very Best of Yes CD,1993 Atlantic Records USD $3.25 Buy It Now 9 days
I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best Of Donna Pena - Donna Pena (CD Used Very Good) USD $15.47 Buy It Now 9 days
Donna Pena - I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best of Donna Pena [New CD] USD $17.48 Buy It Now 9 days
Donna Pena - I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best of Donna Pena [New CD] USD $15.38 Buy It Now 9 days
YES Best of - Collection DK & MOON rec. Import - UKR CD * JON ANDERSON USD $26.90 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Audio CD - 1993) IMPORT NEW USD $6.97 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes - Classic Yes (Best Of) - US CD in VG Condition USD $5.00 Buy It Now 10 days
YES In a Word 5-DISC CD BOX SET Anthology Best of PROG ROCK USD $34.88 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by The Pointer Sisters... USD $11.92 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best Of (NEW CD) USD $9.56 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes - The Best Of 1970-1987 (1999) Brand New, Sealed, OBI USD $6.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes-Yes - The Very Best Of CD NEW USD $17.27 Buy It Now 10 days
Yes - Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes - CD USD $4.79 Buy It Now 10 days
JON & VANGELIS lp THE BEST OF argentina ID# 19226 1985 POLYODR 27225 YES/VANGELI USD $23.00 Buy It Now 10 days
YES related JON AND VANGELIS "The Best Of" original LP 1984 (POLYDOR 821 929) USD $10.00 Buy It Now 11 days
YES - HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES (NEW CD) USD $5.11 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label))   Minty USD $6.50 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - Roundabout (Best of Live/Live Recording, 2003) USD $5.27 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes, my darling daughter-Best of the (22 tracks), Andrews Sisters, Very Good CD USD $2.84 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.49 Buy It Now 11 days
YES- Classic Cassette Tape (The Best of/Greatest Hits) Prog Rock Asia etc USD $4.91 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, 1993, Atlantic) MADE IN GERMANY USD $25.00 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - BEST OF YES NEW CD USD $8.15 Buy It Now 12 days
PINO DANIELE - THE BEST OF PINO DANIELE: YES I KNOW MY WAY NEW CD USD $11.35 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - THE VERY BEST OF YES NEW DVD USD $15.48 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes Self Titled, Close To The Edge, The Very Best Of Yes 3 CDs cd4250 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Ultimate Yes CD 3 Disc Greatest Hits Compilation Best Of 1969-2003 Prog Rock New USD $19.59 Buy It Now 12 days
Best of Yes Yes CD Sealed ! New ! 2012 Greatest hits USD $4.17 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by The Pointer Sisters... USD $6.78 Buy It Now 12 days
YES--Highlights--The Very Best Of Yes--CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES NEW CD USD $8.13 Buy It Now 13 days
Baccara - Best Of - CD NEW & SEALED Yes Sir I Can Boogie (SENT SAME DAY) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 13 days
YES - GREATEST HITS: HIGHLIGHTS, THE VERY BEST OF [REMASTER] NEW CD USD $13.92 Buy It Now 13 days
YES THE BEST OF YES 1970 - 1987 SEALED CD NEW GREATEST HITS USD $11.42 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes Cd Highlights - The Very Best of Yes 1993 Atlantic USD $8.95 Buy It Now 13 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993, Atlantic USD $5.00 Buy It Now 13 days
YES - Ultimate Yes (35th Anniversary Collection) - 2xCD Album *Best Of**Hits* USD $3.95 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart: The Best Of (DVD) USD $25.63 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue Thumb Recordings by The Pointer Sisters (CD USD $8.95 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes Im Ready Best of Barbara Mason CD like new out of print fast free ship in us USD $19.99 Buy It Now 14 days
YES HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF YES CD ATLANTIC 7 82517-2 USD $1.00 Buy It Now 15 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"
Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"