THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
RelayerRelayer
Remastered · Extra tracks
Elektra 2003
1977 - YES - Going For The One + UK Tour Dates -Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.34 Buy It Now 42m
YES/TIME AND A WORD ORIG UK 2400006 US $218.00 Buy It Now 50m 47s
YES, WHO, NO MERCY , THREE RECORD DEAL VINYL LP'S US $21.00 Buy It Now 54m 6s
Yes - Time & A Word (1994) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.89 Buy It Now 1h 19m
YES Big Generator 180g VINYL LP NEW US $28.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Vintage 1950s 45 Record: Mills Brothers "Yes You Are" "Opus One" DECCA 9-29496 US $5.06 Buy It Now 1h 28m
YES 90125 RARE 1983 WEST GERMANY TARGET CD US $51.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
YES CHRIS SQUIRE 50mm x 50mm PROMO photo press slide negative #C/6255 US $42.65 Buy It Now 1h 39m
YES/LEAVE IT JPN P1845 US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 41m
YES/DRAMA ORIG UK K50736 US $64.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
PENNY DeHAVEN Yes I do b/w Wild Wild Heart STOCK 45 M- US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
YES double dynamite LP dopuble album set of time and a world album and the yes US $40.84 Buy It Now 1h 58m
YES fragile LP 9 track red label in textured gatefold sleeve wear to sleeve edge US $19.26 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES going for the one LP 5 track fold out sleeve with inner and deletion cut in US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES going for the one LP 5 track multi fold out sleeve with inner light wear to US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES MINISTER original soundtrack from the bbc tv series LP 2 track featuring dev US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES tales from topographic oceans LP 4 track double matrix a2/b2/c3/d3 sleeve ha US $12.25 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES: OWNER OF A LONELY HEART / OUR SONG 45 RPM US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES tormato LP 8 track but has slight ringwear and deletion cut to sleeve and se US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 59m
YES yes album LP 6 track gatefold sleeve but has light edge and ring wear and on US $8.51 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Pino Daniele : Yes I Know My Way CD (1998) US $8.45 Buy It Now 2h
YES yes shows LP 8 track double light wear to sleeve and deletion cut (sd2510) US $9.40 Buy It Now 2h
YES yesterdays LP 8 track with inner a1/b1 matrix light ring wear to sleeve (k5 US $8.51 Buy It Now 2h
SHEP'S BANJO BOYS - YES SIR THAT'S MY BABY AINT SHE SWEET EP PORTUGAL TECLA EX US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
ASIA 'Aria' (CD) Geoff Downes (YES) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
In the City of Angels [Bonus Track] by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes)) (CD,... US $18.68 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Yes! Jesus Loves Me: Guitar Hymns by John Fahey (CD, Nov-2007, Takoma) US $17.21 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Change We Must [Bonus Tracks] [Remastered] by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes))... US $18.34 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Yes by Mika Nakashima (CD, Jun-2007) US $19.62 Buy It Now 2h 10m
SEALED YES LP 90125 ATCO A1-90125 ELECTRONIC ROCK SYNTH POP US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
YES-Going For The One/Awaken PT. I UK 7"single US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
YES-Don't Kill The Whale-Abeline UK 7"single PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Yes The Yes Album 1971 Piros 1st Press ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic CLEAN US $65.00 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Rockabilly 45 Warner Mack ^ Too Bashful ^ Yes, There's A Reason ^ DECCA US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes Indeed US $11.92 Buy It Now 2h 41m
YES "90125" 1983 CD US $4.60 [0 bids]
YES Close To The Edge CD BRAND NEW US $15.73 Buy It Now 2h 44m
YES Going For The One 1977 UK Vinyl LP EXCELLENT CONDITION US $25.57 Buy It Now 2h 46m
MIKA NAKASHIMA - Yes CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE: YES I AM [I'M THE ONLY ONE,COME TO MY WINDOW,SILENT LEGACY+] US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 51m
Yello You Gotta Say Yes To Another Express CD Synthpop Music Album Brand New US $11.92 Buy It Now 2h 54m
M- THE WILDWOOD PICKERS YES SIGNED BY ALL 5 MEMBERS THEN FIRST HARVEST US $52.79 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Yes - Yesterdays NEW CD US $8.14 Buy It Now 3h
STEVE HOWE=BEGINNINGS VG++ VINYL. YES US $19.90 [0 bids]
ESQUIRE S/T DEBUT ALBUM. NM VINYL. CHRIS SQUIRE. YES. ASIA. US $10.92 [0 bids]
CHRIS SQUIRE-FISH OUT OF WATER VG++ CONDITION. YES. US $11.92 [0 bids]
James Brown: It's A Man's Man's Man's World / Is IT Yes Or Is It No? 7" 45 VG+ US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 9m
Jon Anderson (Of Yes) - Song Of Seven - RARE DIFFERENT Israel Israeli LP LISTEN US $14.24 Buy It Now 3h 16m
CD - (1993) YES - 90125 US $3.72 [0 bids]
GOING FOR THE ONE VINYL LP[FOLD OUT COVER][K50379]1977 YES, YES, Good US $7.47 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Jon Anderson (Singer from Yes) Deseo US $8.00 [0 bids]
CD-Jon Anderson-Know(lead singer of Yes-solo LP prog psych US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 31m
CD-Kevin Ayers-Joy of a Toy/Yes We have no..2 on 1 US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
PET SHOP BOYS YES CD MEGA MIX PROMO ONLY USA Astralwerks Records US $25.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
TONY BANKS THE FUGITIVE Promo LP from 1983 Yes Related Atlantic Records 80071 US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
YES - AROUND THE WORLD IN 80 DAYS - 30 PAGES US $40.94 Buy It Now 3h 34m
Jelly for President: Yes We Jam by Ditty Bops (CD, Mar-2012, Ditty Bops) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Jason Mraz - Yes! (CD 2014) US $6.57 [2 bids]
YES union BRITISH progressive rock NEW 14 hit cassette TAPE US $4.77 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Crystalette record Dodie Stevens Yes Sir-EE US $9.50 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Melissa Etheridge - Lot OF 4 Cd's Melissa Etheridge-Brave And Crazy-Yes i Am + 1 US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES promo CD SAVING MY HEART Trevor Rabin Rick Wakeman Chris Squire Bill Bruford US $14.95 [0 bids]
Melissa Etheridge-Yes I Am-Island-Hard To Find-Nice!! VG+/VG+ US $49.99 [0 bids]
YES - 90125 LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 4h 8m
PROMISED LAND - Yes You Can - 7" US $12.35 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Asia - Archives The Best Of 1988 - 1997 (CD 2000) YES THE BUGGLES ICON 21 GUNS US $5.44 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Original Doo Wop 45: The Tabbys ~ Yes I Do ~ My Darling ~ Time 1008 US $25.00 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Yes Close to the Edge 1972 Rock Music Album CD Brand New US $11.92 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Tommy Dorsey Yes Indeed Original RCA 1956 Release US $7.50 Buy It Now 4h 29m
YES Topographic oceans USA original atlantic RARE NOT custom label STBO 95571 US $19.99 [0 bids]
Nu Shooz: Should I Say Yes? 12" VG++/NM Canada Atlantic 78 65990 US $2.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
JOHN LENNON 7" WATCHING THE WHEELS-YES I'M YO peru ID# 18741 PICTURE SLEEVE-SWOB US $31.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
JOHN LENNON 7" WATCHING THE WHEELS-YES I'M YO peru ID# 53534 1981 GEFFEN 49695 B US $13.00 Buy It Now 4h 37m
TITIYO-c-(45)-MY BODY SAYS YES / PEACE AND QUIET - ARISTA RECORDS- AS-2224 -1991 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 40m
YES Close To The Edge CD 2003 Remastered & Expanded RHINO Elektra BONUS TRACKS US $7.00 [0 bids]
YES Drama CD 2003 Remastered & Expanded RHINO Elektra BONUS TRACKS US $6.00 [0 bids]
YES Fragile CD 2003 Remastered & Expanded RHINO Elektra + BONUS TRACKS - MINT ! US $8.00 [0 bids]
YES Relayer CD 2003 Remastered & Expanded RHINO Elektra BONUS TRACKS US $7.00 [0 bids]
YES Tales From Topographic Oceans 2CD 1994 REMASTER 1973 Double Album ATLANTIC US $7.00 [0 bids]
YES The Yes Album CD 2003 Remastered & Expanded RHINO Elektra BONUS TRACKS US $2.00 [0 bids]
CASSETTE: YES 9012 Live ROCK POP PROG US $8.51 Buy It Now 4h 44m
YES-UNION 1991 CD ARISTA ARCD-8643 RARE NOT RE-ISSUE US $6.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
YES - 24 Carat Gold LP Disc - RELAYER US $221.76 Buy It Now 4h 54m
SWEET SENSATION - SURETHIN YES I DO / SAD SWEET DREAMER 7" TURKISH RARE US $45.00 Buy It Now 4h 56m
Yes FRAGILE 1972 LP Record VG+ Atlantic SD 19132 Psyche Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 4h 58m
BACCARA - YES SIR I CAN BOOGIE / CARA MIA 7" TURKISH PRESSING US $30.00 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Yes,Classic Yes on CD, VG+ Condition,Atlantic Records, 1981 US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge MINT CD Sep-1993, Island) US $5.98 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Gary Glitter - Oh Yes! You're Beautiful 7" US $6.82 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Yes Tales from Topographic Oceans Remastered CD Progressive Rock Music New US $18.75 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Yes - Beyond & And Before - The Bbc Re (NEW 2CD) US $13.20 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Yes - The Yes Album (Atlantic) Early Pressing JAPAN CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Yes Tormato 1976 Atlantic Rec Vinyl Album US $12.97 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Just Say Anything: Volume V of Just Say Yes [PA] by Various Artists (CD, Jul-... US $6.00 [0 bids]
Just Say Mao: Volume III of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Sire) US $6.00 [0 bids]
LOT of 3 CASSETTE TAPES # 15 [FACTORY SEALED] FIX, LIGHTNING SEEDS, YES US $8.95 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Yes-90125 Vinyl LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
SMOKEY ROBINSON Yes It's You Lady~WHITE LABEL PROMO~MOTOWN US $6.95 Buy It Now 5h 39m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#106660) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#160771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 04, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#306095) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"