THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Heaven & EarthHeaven & Earth
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Deluxe Edition
Frontiers Records 2011
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.99 [0 bids]
30m 46s
We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes by Death Cab for Cutie (CD, Mar-2000,... US $8.05 Buy It Now 36m 48s
YES - Tormato US $4.99 Buy It Now 38m 43s
YES Big Generator CD 1987 Atco Records Trevor Rabin Jon Anderson Plastic Ono US $3.99 Buy It Now 41m 21s
Danny Wilde, Yes, Mick Jones, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Girlschool - U.S. PROMO cd US $9.98 Buy It Now 45m
Grapefruit "Elevator" b/w "Yes" 45 Psych Acid 1968 NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 48m 26s
Yes RELAYER cd REMASTER +3 bonus tracks Patrick Moraz US $6.99 [0 bids]
55m 42s
Yes - Heaven & Earth (CD 2014) Prog Rock Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [1 bids]
56m 31s
JASON MRAZ Yes! NEWLY RELEASED CD Yes US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h
1973-YES-YESSONGS -missing volume1 -CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!! US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
YES CLOSE TO THE EDGE (1972) JAPAN CD 32XD-532 US $58.49 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Soundtrack LP YES GIORGIO OST Luciano Pavarotti US $9.35 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Peerless Quartet Mandalay b/w There's Yes Yes in Your Eyes Victor 78 rpm US $0.50 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE BEATLES~TICKET TO RIDE b/w YES IT IS~JAPAN~ODEON~7" 45 w/INSERT/SLEEVE~EX US $95.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
LEE KONITZ Yes Yes Nonet SEALED LP Steeple Chase Jazz LP Denmark US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Al Stewart Last Days Of The Century SEALED 1st Press 1988 German Enigma CD Yes US $25.95 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Jethro Tull Roots to Branches SEALED 1997 USA CD Camel Caravan Camel Yes Genesis US $11.95 Buy It Now 2h 18m
Perfect Pussy "Say Yes To Love" ** Cassette ** US $4.00 [0 bids]
YES - Self Titled ~ VINYL LP SPANISH PRESSING US $34.86 Buy It Now 2h 44m
YES Live Yesshows Yes Shows Japan Mini LP CD HDCD RMST CD Mint Condition US $51.97 Buy It Now 2h 45m
YES ~ Tormato ~ VINYL LP US $9.95 Buy It Now 3h 8m
VALERIE JOI - SINGING THE SACRED YES CD NEW & SEALED US $1.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
Yes!, Brock, Chad, Good US $5.74 Buy It Now 3h 23m
YES TORMATO ORIGINAL INNER SLEEVE LP 554 US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Yes 90125 Classic Rock Album US $4.00 [0 bids]
YES - DRAMA ~ D/Remaster CD w/BONUS Trax ~ 80's *NEW* US $9.24 Buy It Now 4h 10m
The Ultimate Yes by Yes (CD, Jan-2004, 3 Discs, Elektra (Label)) US $18.99 Buy It Now 4h 16m
1H INDENT SUNNY & THE SUNGLOWS SMILE NOW CRY LATER BARBARA MASON YES IM READY US $15.99 [0 bids]
Yes Tales from topographic oceans LP K80001 G/EX Germany Gatefold US $28.30 Buy It Now 4h 33m
YES "90125" RARE OOP LP VG++ COVER/VG+ VINYL! 1ST U.S PRESS ATCO RECORDS 1983 US $5.99 Buy It Now 4h 35m
YES-YES HIGH VIBRATION-JAPAN 16 SACD / CD HYBRID BOX CU50 US $421.50 Buy It Now 4h 36m
GTR CD 1986 Steve Howe Hackett original Yes Asia RARE When The Heart Rules US $47.99 Buy It Now 4h 37m
Yes-America / your move.7" US $6.64 Buy It Now 4h 40m
GOLDSPOT - Tally Of The Yes Men - CD US $19.98 Buy It Now 4h 42m
J-POP Morning Musume EGAO YES NUDE Japan CD New with OBI 3 Tracks cd996 US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
BARCELONA Indigo-Yes!-Indigo - Vintage Sheet Music - Raymond Wallace US $23.25 Buy It Now 4h 55m
Yes - 90125 - LP Record NM VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Yes We Can : Songs About Leaving Africa - Various African Artists compilation cd US $8.30 [0 bids]
Jermaine Jackson DebŁt Nr. 8 LP Plus Magazine Yes FGTH US $9.00 [0 bids]
Yes Live From House Of Blues 2-CD NEW SEALED 2000 Jon Anderson/Steve Howe US $8.29 Buy It Now 5h 24m
Col Joye/Joy Boys-YES SIR, THAT'S MY.../SMOKY MOKES(7" RECORD) US $5.61 [0 bids]
IT CAN HAPPEN yes 45 US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes Classic Yes LP ATLK50842 VG/EX Germany US $19.17 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Yes Going for the one LP SD19106 EX/EX US Gatefold US $17.34 Buy It Now 5h 45m
TERI DeSARIO "YES I'M READY" 7" 45 RECORD US $5.61 Buy It Now 5h 55m
YES 90125 JAPAN MADE SHM MINI LP CD NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE WPCR-13527 US $79.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
ESQUIRE S/T DEBUT ALBUM. NM VINYL. CHRIS SQUIRE. YES. ASIA. US $10.92 [0 bids]
STEVE HOWE=BEGINNINGS VG++ VINYL. YES US $19.90 [0 bids]
RADIO REVISITED - YES WHAT - RARE AUSTRALIAN DOUBLE CD NM US $16.37 Buy It Now 6h 16m
YES "90125" 1983 CD US $4.60 [0 bids]
Independants - I Love You Yes I Do - Pye US $24.91 Buy It Now 6h 19m
7" 45 Miss America "Revenge" / "The Visitors" NON-FICTION YES 5 P/S PROMO LIT US $9.95 Buy It Now 6h 22m
7" 45 Yes "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" / "Our Song" ATCO 79 9817-7 P/S Made Italy US $14.93 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Oh No Ono - Yes (2008) FREEPOST CD US $4.93 Buy It Now 6h 27m
Max Graham Vs Yes Owner Of A Lonely Heart Remixes CD 2 Single US $11.92 Buy It Now 6h 28m
Yes Minister: Volume 1 [Starring Paul Eddington, Nigel Hawthorne US $10.83 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Sweet Sensation - Mr Cool / Yes Miss No Miss, Pye 7N-45516 Ex Condition US $6.63 Buy It Now 6h 36m
RICK WAKEMAN-GREATEST HITS-2 CD SET-MADE IN FRANCE-1996-KEYBOARD PLAYER WITH YES US $14.96 Buy It Now 6h 38m
Lot of 2 Classic Rock LPs Yes & Def Leppard Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES-TIME AND A WORD-JAPAN MINI LP SHM-CD F45 US $28.99 Buy It Now 6h 49m
BACCARA - YES SIR, I CAN BOOGIE - URUGUAY - RARE (4pics) US $30.00 Buy It Now 6h 50m
RICK WAKEMAN The Six Wives of Henry VIII JAPAN LP w/Obi+INSERT GP255 YES Free SH US $39.99 [0 bids]
Anushka - Yes Guess EP - CD promo 3 track US $6.63 Buy It Now 6h 55m
YES going for the one SD 19106 usa atlantic LP PS EX/VG with inner sleeve US $13.27 Buy It Now 6h 59m
LP Yes "Yesterdays" ATLANTIC SD 18103 (ST-A-743175) Made in Canada - America etc US $19.91 Buy It Now 7h 4m
RICK WAKEMAN (OF YES) white rock AMLH 64614 A1/B1 uk a&m 1st press LP PS VG+/EX US $14.93 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Blood Arm Say yes 7" Clear/Blue Vinyl ROCKERS29R EX/EX UK US $12.31 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Blood Arm Say yes 7" Orange Vinyl ROCKERS29W EX/EX UK US $12.31 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Silver Fox Soul Collection - My Goodness Yes! [CD New] US $15.11 Buy It Now 7h 6m
Rafiq Bhatia - Yes It Will [CD New] US $15.82 Buy It Now 7h 7m
Just Say Yo: Vol. 2 of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Sire) US $5.53 [0 bids]
5 Star(7" Vinyl)If I Say Yes-Tent-PB40981-UK-Ex/Ex US $8.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Ruby Fruit Jungle(7" Vinyl)Yes I do-Tattoo records-RFJ2-UK-Ex/Ex US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Yes(7" Vinyl)Wonderous Stories-Atlantic-K 10999-UK-VG+/VG US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Yes(7" Vinyl)Don't Kill The Whale-Atlantic-K 11184-UK-Ex/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
Eddy Grant(7" Vinyl)I Love You, Yes I Love You-Ensign-ENY 216-UK-VG+/Ex US $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Jets(7" Vinyl)Yes Tonight Josephine-EMI-EMI 5247-UK-VG+/Ex US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Jets(7" Vinyl)Yes Tonight Josephine-EMI-EMI 5247-UK-VG/VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
THE SENDATIONS- YES SIR THAT'S MY BABY- ATCO- 1955, 45 RPM US $5.99 [0 bids]
YELLO YOU GOTTA SAY YES TO ANOTHER EXCESS CARLOS PERON ITALY STIFF I LOVE YOU LP US $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 45m
1972 LP Record Album YES FRAGILE Atlantic SD 19132 US $14.50 [0 bids]
YES: TALK - 1994 Japan CD (Jon Anderson Trevor Rabin Chris Squire) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Varro, Johnny-Say Yes CD NEW US $12.47 Buy It Now 7h 50m
YES-BEST OF 1970-87 (JPN) CD NEW US $25.16 Buy It Now 7h 50m
THE INDEPENDENTS LEAVING ME/ I LOVE YOU , YES I DO 45 VINYL WAND US $0.40 [0 bids]
YES 90125 RARE CZECHOSLOVAKIA UNIQUE INNER DIFFERENT OWNER OF A LONELY HEART LP US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 54m
WORLD TRADE Euphoria 1995 CD - YES BILLY SHERWOOD CHRIS SQUIRE US $7.99 [0 bids]
THE POINTER SISTERS JADA/ YES WE CAN CAN BLUE THUMB US $0.90 [0 bids]
YES-TORMATO-ATLANTIC SD 19202-1978 STEREO 12" LP LP0057 US $7.00 [0 bids]
8h
CLASSIC ROCK 45S-LOT OF 8-KISS, ZZ TOP, VAN MORRISON, YES PROMO-SEE LIST [0302] US $13.00 [0 bids]
8h
YES-BIG GENERATOR-ATCO 90522-1-1987 STEREO 12" LP-VG/CUTOUT LP0056 US $7.00 [0 bids]
8h
YES-GOING FOR THE ONE-ATLANTIC SD 19106-1977 STEREO 12" LP-VG+/NM LP0059 US $7.00 [0 bids]
YES-FRAGILE-ATLANTIC SD 7211-1972 STEREO 12" LP-VG/VG- LP0058 US $7.00 [0 bids]
8h
Paul Cebar - Tommorow Sound Now For Yes Music People [CD New] US $17.20 Buy It Now 8h 4m
Yes-90125 Vinyl LP US $4.00 [0 bids]
YES THE YES ALBUM ORIG UK 1971 RED PLUM ATLANTIC 1ST PRESS A1 B1 EX VINYL RECORD US $132.84 Buy It Now 8h 5m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#106660) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#160771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 04, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#306095) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"