THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

The Studio Albums 1969-1987The Studio Albums 1969-1987
Atlantic Catalog Group 2013
9012590125
Elektra / Wea 2004
Ultimate Yes: 35th Anniversary CollectionUltimate Yes: 35th Anniversary Collection
Tales From Topographic OceansTales From Topographic Oceans
Extra tracks · Remastered
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
30m 9s
YES 12" SINGLE: "LEAVE IT" 1983 VG US $6.29 Buy It Now 34m 16s
YES 2 PROMO BOXES/BRAND NEW STILL SEALED 'TOPOGRAPHIC' & 'RELAYER' IMPORT NEW US $169.95 [0 bids]
39m 38s
Yoko Ono - Yes, I'm a Witch - Music CD US $13.36 Buy It Now 39m 54s
Yes 'Going For The One' LP Vinyl SD 19106 US $4.99 Buy It Now 42m 56s
HEAVIES FOR APRIL 1973 COMPILATION LP LED ZEPPELIN KING CRIMSON YES RAY CHARLES US $9.99 Buy It Now 47m 31s
YES GOING FOR THE ONE OBI Sealed Replica LP in a HDCD US $139.99 Buy It Now 49m 49s
Magnification by Yes (CD, Dec-2001, Beyond) US $5.99 [0 bids]
50m 6s
SEALED YES LP 90125 ATCO A1-90125 ELECTRONIC ROCK SYNTH POP US $14.99 Buy It Now 57m 12s
YES- AND YOU AND I VINYL 7" 45RPM co US $2.94 Buy It Now 57m 48s
YES- WONDEROUS STORIES VINYL 7" 45RPM co US $2.10 Buy It Now 57m 48s
The Sensations Atco 6056 Sympathy and Yes Sir That's My Baby US $4.50 Buy It Now 59m 51s
Hollywood Saxons Tuxedos Yes It's True Everydays A Holiday Doo Wop 45 Record 7" US $13.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
JON ANDERSON 1998 PR0MO CD YES THE MORE YOU KNOW US $5.03 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Yes ~ 'The Yes Album' ~ LP ~ United Kingdom US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
YES (Trevor Rabin, Jon Anderson) Talk 1994 CD The Calling, Walls US $2.49 [1 bids]
YES MAGNIFICATION SEALED CD NEW US $5.96 Buy It Now 1h 26m
12 RECORD ALBUMS FOR ONE LOW PRICE! STEVE PERRY-U2-AMERICA-LED ZEPPELIN-YES US $13.99 [0 bids]
PROMO WHITE LABEL / YES YESSONGS / 3LP US $299.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
YES - RELAYER [YES] - NEW CD US $42.71 Buy It Now 1h 29m
YES USA 1987 7" Single LOVE WILL FIND A WAY US $4.19 Buy It Now 1h 30m
JON ANDERSON Yes 1985 7" Single EASIER SAID THAN DONE US $3.34 Buy It Now 1h 30m
JON ANDERSON - THE MORE YOU KNOW Polish Press Prog Rock Tape Ex YES EAGLE Label US $2.90 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Yes - Relayer (2003)(Elektra ?- 8122-73792-2)(EX CONDITION) US $13.43 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Yes - The Yes Album [Remastered] (1994 CD ALBUM)(VG+ CONDITION) US $10.07 Buy It Now 1h 37m
ASIA "PHOENIX" RARE PROMO CD (YES, ABWH, STEVE HOWE, ELP, GEOFF DOWNES) US $13.43 [0 bids]
THE POINTER SISTERS (Self Titled Debut LP) Yes We Can Can (1973 R US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 40m
YES - The Yes Album (reissue) - gatefold LP US $31.08 Buy It Now 1h 43m
78 RPM RARE "YES FLO , THE GAL WHO NEVER SAYS NO" COL 901 MUST SEE / VG++VG+++ US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Yes-don't kill the whale.7" US $8.40 Buy It Now 1h 44m
You Gotta Say Yes to Another ExcessYello CD Mar-1988 Mercury like new 9.99 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h
YES YESTERDAYS Greek 1at PRESS on PHONOGRAM rec 1974 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Rock 45 YES Owner of a Lonely Heart on Atco US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 4m
YES UNION 1991 CD JAPAN ED w/OBI 2000yen US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Rock 45 YOKO ONO/JOHN LENNON Yes, I'm your Angel on Geffen US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Lee Konitz Nonet 70s JAZZ LP Yes Yes Nonet 1979 USA ISSUE US $17.98 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Vintage Vinyl Record YES, CLOSE TO THE EDGE, Atlantic 1972 US $0.99 [0 bids]
I'D Say Yes (Leliwa) - Illustrious - 2002 #86147 US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Nu Colours - Yes I Will - White - 1998 #102452 US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Maffia Sound System - Yes I Do - Moving Target #103161 US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Love & Sex - Oh Yes (I Like It) - True Love #122438 US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Fc Kahuna - Machine Says Yes - City Rockers #122670 US $8.39 Buy It Now 2h 16m
BILLY PRESTON-THE BEST / IN MINT COND! CASSETTE / / BEATLES / JOE COCKER / YES US $12.00 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Yes 90125 1st First Pressing Made In Japan Atco 90125 Very Clean US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Rare German Gold CD Yes 90125 1983 Release ATCO Label Produced By Trevor Horn US $23.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
PROCOL HARUM - GREATEST HITS VOL. 1 / IN MINT COND! CASSETTE / / / / YES / ELP US $11.14 [0 bids]
VG+ SOUL 45 - CHI-LITES - HAVE YOU SEEN HER / YES I'M READY - BRUNSWICK C-1023 US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
QUEEN-THE GAME / IN MINT COND! CASSETTE / / / / //YES / ELP /ROLLING STONES US $12.00 [0 bids]
Yes to Everything US $9.65 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Keys to Ascension, Yes, Good Live US $6.21 Buy It Now 2h 32m
1950s PAT BOONE "YES, INDEED" lp- US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Yes LP - Close To The Edge. Atlantic # K 50012. US $11.77 [0 bids]
IAN LLOYD & STORIES- TRAVELING UNDERGROUND CASSETTE MINT COND/ THE WHO / YES US $15.24 [0 bids]
ASIA - ASIA CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / YES US $12.54 [0 bids]
JON ANDERSON - SONG OF SEVEN RARE CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / YES /THE BEATLES US $13.84 [0 bids]
LOGGINS & MESSINA- THE BEST OF FRIENDS CASSETTE MINT COND/ SEALS & CROFTS/YES US $15.54 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON- ROCK 'N' ROLL CASSETTE MINT COND // BEATLES / ROLLING STONES/ YES US $15.00 [0 bids]
JOHN LENNON- COLLECTION CASSETTE MINT COND // ERIC CLAPTON/ STEVE WINWOOD/YES US $15.00 [0 bids]
PAUL ANKA - BEST OF CASSETTE IN MINT COND /// THE BEATLES / TOM JONES / YES US $11.54 [0 bids]
Yes We Can: Voices of a Grass Roots Movement [Digipak] by Various Artists (CD, N US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes - Close To The Edge NEW CD US $22.73 Buy It Now 3h
Yes-Close To The Edge UK Gatefold LP 1972 Later Pressing US $16.81 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.00 Buy It Now 3h 6m
YES: OWNER OF A LONELY HEART/ OUR SONG 1987 ATCO B9817 7" P/ S UNPLAYED US $6.71 Buy It Now 3h 7m
GARY GLITTER Oh Yes! You're Beautiful Scandinavian 45PS 1974 US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 7m
YES / YESSHOWS / CASSETTE TAPE / 1980 PAPER LABEL / ATLANTIC US $12.09 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Lot of 200 Vinyl records (Pink Floyd,Prince,REM,Eagles,Queen,Genesis,Camel,Yes) US $2,700.00 [0 bids]
US $3,520.00 Buy It Now
PRISCILLA BOWMAN: Yes, I'm Glad / A Spare Man 45 (wol) Blues & R&B US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
GARY GLITTER - OH YES, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL - 7" VINYL 1974 BELL US $6.71 Buy It Now 3h 16m
YES / TORMATO / CASSETTE TAPE / 1ST PRESS 1978 / ATLANTIC US $12.09 Buy It Now 3h 17m
Al Perkins 45 Yes, My Goodness Yes / I Stand Accused (N Soul) EX US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
BARBARA MASON: Yes, I'm Ready / Keep Him 45 Soul US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 18m
ROCK 'N' POP Atlantic 1973 Ft ROLLING STONES Zeppelin YES Crosby Stills Nash US $15.11 Buy It Now 3h 19m
MARILLION BRAVE VINYL 1994 YES SUPERTRAMP FISH US $20.00 [0 bids]
RICK WAKEMAN Animal showdown RARE 7" PIC DISC ROCK POP PROG YES US $5.03 Buy It Now 3h 23m
DJ Disciple - YES - Catch 22 - 2002 #79131 US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 24m
YES - Wonderous Stories - Atlantic - 1977 #308004 US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 24m
YES - Don't Kill The Whale - Atlantic - 1978 #308006 US $8.39 Buy It Now 3h 24m
THE ESSENTIAL JIMI HENDRIX CASSETTE MINT COND // BEATLES / ERIC CLAPTON / YES US $19.00 [0 bids]
ART GARFUNKEL-ANGEL CLARE NEW CASSETTE NEVER OPENED // SIMON & GARFUNKEL / YES US $15.00 [0 bids]
THE HOLLIES - THE HOLLIES' GREATEST HITS CASSETTE MINT COND / THE SEARCHERS/YES US $13.34 [0 bids]
YES Fragile Ultra Rare Atlantic 24 Kt Gold Standard Audiophile CD Box US $49.99 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE KNACK-...BUT THE LITTLE GIRLS UNDERSTAND CASSETTE MINT COND // JOURNEY/ YES US $12.74 [0 bids]
THE KINKS- ONE FOR THE ROAD CASSETTE MINT COND // THE TROGGS/THE HOLLIES/ YES US $19.00 [0 bids]
Yes Magnification 2 LP Limited Edition Violet Colored Vinyl Sealed 1,000 WW Mint US $89.99 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Stephanie Winslow Anything But A Yes Is Still A No/Same(MONO Promo) 45 RPM Curb US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 33m
THE J. GEILS BAND- SHOWTIME CASSETTE MINT COND // DEEP PURPLE /THE POLICE/ YES US $12.64 [0 bids]
GARY GLITTER OH YES YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL 45 RPM BELL UK US $5.98 Buy It Now 3h 39m
YES ~ LONELY HEARTS ~ RARE LIVE RECORDING ~ 1 OF 300 PRESSINGS ~ 9012LIVE TOUR US $88.00 Buy It Now 3h 41m
YES ~ STELLAR ATTRACTION ~ LIVE RECORDING ~ RELAYER TOUR ~ 1974 ~ IN SHRINK US $88.00 Buy It Now 3h 44m
45 RECORD YOKO ONO JOHN LENNON WATCHING THE WHEELS YES I'M YOUR ANGEL GEF49695 US $3.18 Buy It Now 3h 45m
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER- BEST OF CASSETTE MINT COND // MOODY BLUES / YES US $11.34 [0 bids]
YES Closer To The Edge 1972 Atlantic GF LP SD 19133 EXC-/EXC w/lyric sleeve US $7.75 Buy It Now 3h 45m
YES Orig 1980 "Yesshows" 2-LP Roger Dean cover-art VG++ US $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 47m
Yes ?- Into The Lens vinyl 7" single good condition. US $1.68 Buy It Now 3h 47m
DEEP PURPLE-DEEPEST PURPLE/VERY BEST CASSETTE MINT COND // ROLLING STONES/ YES US $11.34 [0 bids]
Yes-it can happen.7" US $6.72 Buy It Now 3h 49m
DEEP PURPLE-SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE CASSETTE MINT COND /// YES / ELP / BEATLES US $11.34 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#106660) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#160771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 04, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#306095) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"