THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

- Jon Anderson / vocals on 1-7,9-10
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Highlights: The Very Best of  Yes (Rpkg)Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Rpkg)
Rhino / WEA 2007
MUSIC CLUB DELUXE 2011
Roundabout: Best of Yes LiveRoundabout: Best of Yes Live
Music Club Records 2003
$4.93
Wonderous Stories: Best of by YES (2014-01-21)Wonderous Stories: Best of by YES (2014-01-21)
Music Club Deluxe
$57.54
Greatest Hits by YES (2007-08-02)Greatest Hits by YES (2007-08-02)
Imports
$44.19
Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes by Yes (1993-09-24)Highlights - The Very Best Of Yes by Yes (1993-09-24)
Rhino
$45.24

Yes, my darling daughter-Best of the (22 tracks), Andrews Sisters, Very Good CD USD $2.30 Buy It Now 6h 27m
YES Highlights The Very Best of Yes CD Perfect Condition Fold-out Insert Poster USD $3.00 Buy It Now 14h 44m
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $2.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Very best of the 80's 5 - 2 CD - A-ha, Jason Donovan, Falco, Alphaville, Yes,... USD $13.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $3.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Pine Daniele CD Yes I Know My Way - The Best Of / CGD Sealed 0639842281829 USD $23.08 Buy It Now 1 day
YES Highlights / The Very Best Of CD USD $7.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Highlights the Very Best of [New CD] Repackaged USD $15.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Yes - Wonderous Stories: The Best Of Yes - Yes 2 CD 5014797675070 [T10] USD $9.21 Buy It Now 2 days
Rick Wakeman - The Best Of Rick Wakeman (CD 1998) Yes USD $2.62 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes I'm Ready Best of Barbara Mason CD USD $2.95 [0 bids]
BACCARA - Yes Sir I Can Boogie - Best Of - CD - Import - **Mint Condition** USD $33.75 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (1993, CD) USD $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Daniele, Pino : The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know M CD USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, 1993) - Disc Only!!! USD $5.29 Buy It Now 3 days
Yes We Can Can:best of the Blue Thumb - Sisters Pointer Compact Disc Free Shippi USD $13.96 Buy It Now 4 days
Rare Yes Indeed The B-Sides Quite The Best Of The B-Sides cd4255 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 4 days
NEW The Best of Pino Daniele: Yes I Know My Way (Audio CD) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes made in Chile cd The Best of Yes brand new sealed cd USD $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Yes - Classic Yes (CD 1994) digital remastered best of USD $2.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Very Best Of Yes DVD USD $15.26 Buy It Now 4 days
YES! SAL SOLO: BEST OF STUDIO LIVE (CD, 2005) OOP w/Bonus Tracks *BRAND NEW* USD $11.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $6.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Rick Wakeman - Recollections (The Very Best of (1973-1979) - CD - ( Yes/Strawbs) USD $6.57 Buy It Now 5 days
YES - HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $5.94 Buy It Now 5 days
YES - BEST OF YES USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $7.48 Buy It Now 5 days
LOT of 2 YES CDs Highlights The Very Best of Yes Big Generator USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Audio CD - 1993) IMPORT NEW USD $6.97 Buy It Now 5 days
'THE BEST OF BOBBY VEE' Album...Yes, It's VINYL! 12 Inches! Size Matters! NEW USD $15.70 Buy It Now 5 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes YES Audio CD USD $4.19 Buy It Now 5 days
Greatest Hits: Highlights, The Very Best Of [Remaster] by Yes (CD, Feb-2007, Rh. USD $1.00 [0 bids]
Yes Highlights The Very Best Of Yes Brand New CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes, Highlights The Very Best Of Yes, CD 1993 Atlantic Records USD $4.59 Buy It Now 5 days
Best of Yes 1970-1987 CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 5 days
THE BEST OF PROGRESSIVE ROCK 2CD UK SEALED YES ELP BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST MORE! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes (19701987) [CD] USD $8.23 Buy It Now 5 days
Yes - Best Of: 1970-1987 (NEW CD) USD $8.55 Buy It Now 6 days
Highlights The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993 Atlantic EUC USD $12.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Ultimate Yes CD 3 Disc Greatest Hits Compilation Best Of 1969-2003 Prog Rock New USD $21.89 Buy It Now 6 days
Highlights: The Very Best Of Yes Cassette Tape 1994 USD $8.49 Buy It Now 6 days
YES - THE VERY BEST OF YES USED - VERY GOOD DVD USD $14.60 Buy It Now 6 days
Jon and Vangelis The Best of ( Jon Anderson, Yes) Excellent 1984 USD $9.50 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best of Yes CD USD $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes- Highlights: The Very Best Of Cassette Tape 1993 Atlantic 7 82517-4 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6 days
HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES (CD, 1993 - USA - Atlantic) BRAND NEW, "SEALED" USD $11.25 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes I'm Ready Best of Barbara Mason CD FREE Shipping! USD $24.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Yes: Highlights: The Very Best of Yes [CD, Sep-1993] Atlantic Label USD $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SNOW PATROL BEST OF 2CD CHOCOLATE CHASING CARS JUST SAY YES RUN SPITTING GAMES USD $5.25 Buy It Now 7 days
Donna Pena - I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best of Donna Pena [New CD] USD $14.56 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - Roundabout (Best of Live/Live Recording, 2003) USD $5.25 Buy It Now 7 days
Donna Pena - I Say Yes/Digo Si: The Best of Donna Pena [New CD] USD $15.36 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes 5 Cassette Lot - Close To The Edge 90125 Very Best of Fragile Union - $3 S/H USD $27.94 Buy It Now 7 days
EX+ YES THE VERY BEST OF YES HIGHLIGHTS REMASTERED USA 1993 PROG ROCK CD LISTEN USD $6.59 Buy It Now 7 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes 1970-1987 JAPAN CD 1999 (AMCY-6051) OBI OOP! USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
PINO DANIELE - Best Of: Yes I Know My Way - CD - Import - *Excellent Condition* USD $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes - Highlights: The Very Best Of (NEW CD) USD $8.55 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon Anderson in South America 1993 The Best Of Yes Special Magazine-Only CD USD $23.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Yes-Yes - The Very Best Of CD NEW USD $18.28 Buy It Now 8 days
YES - The Best of Yes: 1970-1987 - Japan CD - WPCR-15326 USD $45.96 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes : Highlights: The Very Best of Yes CD (2008) - free Shipping USD $6.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Tommy Dorsey "The Best Of" [ Yes Indeed ] Brand New Still Factory Sealed JAZZ LP USD $18.00 Buy It Now 9 days
The Best of JON & VANGELIS CD Like New PROG Jon Anderson, Yes, Aphrodite's Child USD $8.88 Buy It Now 9 days
YES - BEST OF YES NEW CD USD $8.47 Buy It Now 9 days
YES - THE VERY BEST OF YES NEW DVD USD $15.25 Buy It Now 9 days
Yes 4 CD Lot Highlights The Very Best Of Yessongs Going For The One Jon Anderson USD $49.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Highlights The Very Best of Yes by Yes (CD, 1993, Atlantic) MADE IN GERMANY USD $12.51 Buy It Now 10 days
Best of Yes Yes CD Sealed ! New ! 2012 Greatest hits USD $5.58 Buy It Now 10 days
YES HIGHLIGHTS THE VERY BEST OF YES USD $6.95 Buy It Now 10 days
YES--Highlights--The Very Best Of Yes--CD USD $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
YES - HIGHLIGHTS: THE VERY BEST OF YES NEW CD USD $8.47 Buy It Now 10 days
Baccara - Best Of / Greatest Hits - NEW CD Album - Yes Sir I Can Boogie USD $6.57 Buy It Now 11 days
YES - GREATEST HITS: HIGHLIGHTS, THE VERY BEST OF [REMASTER] NEW CD USD $15.02 Buy It Now 11 days
YES THE BEST OF YES 1970 - 1987 SEALED CD NEW GREATEST HITS USD $4.91 Buy It Now 11 days
Yes - Wonderous Stories - The Best Of - Yes CD M0VG The Fast Free Shipping USD $13.25 Buy It Now 11 days
BEST OF YES USD $18.57 Buy It Now 11 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes CD Sep-1993, Atlantic USD $5.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Jon & Vangelis Chronicles Best Of LIKE NEW 11 Track CD 1998 Spectrum YES USD $7.00 Buy It Now 12 days
NEW Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart: The Best Of (DVD) USD $26.49 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes Cd Highlights - The Very Best of Yes 1993 Atlantic USD $9.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Ultimate Yes CD 3 Disc Greatest Hits Compilation Best Of 1969-2003 Prog Rock New USD $23.85 Buy It Now 12 days
YES CD. GREATEST HITS..THE BEST OF.HIGNLIGHTS..JON ANDERSON USD $6.02 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes Im Ready Best of Barbara Mason CD like new out of print fast free ship in us USD $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Best Of Yes - Yes Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $12.91 Buy It Now 12 days
YES - THE VERY BEST OF YES CD ART ROCK 12 TRACKS NEW+ USD $16.31 Buy It Now 12 days
THE POINTER SISTERS - YES WE CAN CAN: THE BEST OF THE BLUE THUMB RECORDINGS NEW USD $11.29 Buy It Now 12 days
THE ULTIMATE YES 35TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION- Best Of/Greatest Hits 2 CD USD $6.08 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes - Highlights (The Very Best of Yes) (CD 1993) USD $6.57 Buy It Now 12 days
Yes - Highlight The Very Best Of Yes / TH Cassette USD $9.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes - The Best Of Yes (19701987) [CD] USD $8.21 Buy It Now 13 days
Very Best Of Baccara GREATEST HITS CD YES SIR I CAN BOOGIE SORRY I'M A LADY ABBA USD $7.20 Buy It Now 13 days
JON & VANGELIS lp THE BEST OF argentina ID# 19226 1985 POLYODR 27225 YES/VANGELI USD $25.00 Buy It Now 13 days
Yes - Highlights the Very Best of [New CD] Repackaged USD $13.74 Buy It Now 13 days
YES / THE BEST OF YES AUDIO DISC / MUSIC CD NM USD $8.99 Buy It Now 13 days
NEW Highlights: The Very Best of Yes (Rpkg) (Audio CD) USD $22.07 Buy It Now 13 days
Roundabout - The Best Of Yes Live Yes Audio CD USD $10.89 Buy It Now 13 days
VERY BEST OF YES USD $47.69 Buy It Now 14 days
Yes - The Ultimate - 35th Anniversary Collection - 2xCD - Hits/Best of/Singles - USD $5.12 Buy It Now 14 days
Highlights: The Very Best of Yes by Yes (Cassette, Sep-1993, Atlantic (Label)) USD $20.00 Buy It Now 14 days
YES "CLASSIC YES" ATLANTIC 1981 BEST OF COMPILED BY CHRIS SQUIRE ROGER DEAN ART USD $2.62 Buy It Now 14 days
33 RPM LP Record The Best Of Tommy Dorsey Yes Indeed RCA Victor LSP-3674 USD $8.99 Buy It Now 14 days

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"
Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"