THE BEST OF YES

Yes The Best of Yes album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy YES Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 2000

1. No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47)
2. America (10:31)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34)
4. And You And I (10:09)
5. Siberian Khatru (8:57)
6. Sound Chaser (9:25)
7. On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47)
8. Into the Lens (8:31)
9. Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)
10. Love Will Find a Way (4:48)

Search YES The Best of Yes lyrics

- Rick Wakeman / keyboards on 2-5,7
- Geoff Downes / keyboards on 8
- Patrick Moraz / keyboards on 6
- Bill Bruford / drums on 1-5

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES The Best of Yes Music

Rhino/Elektra 2003
DramaDrama
Extra tracks · Remastered
Elektra / Wea 2004
JON ANDERSON (YES) - "Easier Said Than Done" - 7" Single 1985 1st US WL PROMO US $17.88 Buy It Now 54m 41s
GO-GO'S - "Yes Or No" - 7" Single 1984 1st US PROMO ONLY - RARE!! US $17.88 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Return to Dark Side of Pink Floyd Tribute Japan CD Sealed New Yes Doors XTC Asia US $64.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
KENNY ROGERS yes-no / maybe LP 10 track with insert (yl0132) uk cypress 1989 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 11m
GITTA LIND (German) "Believe Me"/ "There's Yes Yes In Your Eyes" 78rpm 10" VG+ US $11.08 Buy It Now 1h 13m
90125 by Yes (CD, Mar-1984, Atco) (Made in Germany) US $10.19 Buy It Now 1h 16m
YES CLASSIC YES LP-PLAYED 1 TIME-TRANSFERRED TO CASSETTE--SMOKE FREE STORED US $20.00 [0 bids]
YES - Yessongs ~ 3 x GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $99.69 Buy It Now 1h 20m
BULL MOOSE JACKSON....I LOVE YOU YES I DO....KING-78 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 35m
Yes - Tale From Topographic Oceans [Vinyl New] US $39.94 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Yes Tribute - Piano Tribute To Yes [CD New] US $10.54 Buy It Now 1h 46m
THE BEATLES LOVE SONGS 2X12" SOMETHING YESTERDAY MICHELLE YES IT IS P S I YOU US $16.60 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Yes! * NEW * Free Priority Shipping US $18.59 Buy It Now 2h 7m
JACK VIDGEN Yes I Am CD BRAND NEW US $14.24 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Jason Mraz - Yes! 2014 CD 14 Trks New Sealed US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Yes - Tormato - Vinyl LP 1978 - Ex US $1.65 [1 bids]
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS JAPAN 2 SHM MINI LP CD OUT OF PRINT WPCR-13519 US $45.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
7" JESSE LEE TURNER "ALL RIGHT,BE THAT WAY/DO I WORRY YES I DO" RHYTHM AND BLUES US $15.50 Buy It Now 2h 25m
JON ANDERSON (Yes) 'Change We Must' OOP 1994 CD Factory Sealed US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h 29m
YES anderson bruford wakeman and howe poster 1980S US $1.40 [0 bids]
Sealed! 8 Track Tape~~~YES~~~TORMATO~~~ATLANTIC US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Just Say Mao: Volume III of Just Say Yes (CD, Sire) US $1.88 [0 bids]
Television Personalities - Yes Darling, But Is It Art? Early Singles US $59.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Yes - 90125 CD Early Japan Pressing for US US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Keystudio by Yes (CD, May-2001, Castle Music Ltd. (UK)) US $29.99 [0 bids]
PATRICK MORAZ III JAPAN MINI LP CD YES KING CRIMSON PINK FLOYD US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Yes! [Digipak] by Jason Mraz (CD, Jul-2014, Atlantic (Label)) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Blessing - All Is Yes CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Patrice Muccular - Yes Lord [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 3h 21m
1972 LP Record Album YES FRAGILE Atlantic SD 19132 US $14.50 [0 bids]
Yes - The Yes Album (NEW 12" VINYL LP) US $29.90 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Rare 70s Prog Rock YES time and a word Original 1970 UK Maroon Atlantic Vinyl LP US $18.26 [3 bids]
OPERATOR PLEASE CD \YES YES VINDICTIVE 2007 FREE POST IN AUSTRALIA US $5.45 Buy It Now 3h 46m
Girls - Yes No Yes No Yes No [CD New] US $14.54 Buy It Now 4h 12m
JAN LAMB Yes I Do CD+Michael Lau Figure *Box Set *Hong Kong *Lam ??? US $31.95 Buy It Now 4h 25m
Yes - Close To The Edge LP MatrixA3/B3, US $23.27 Buy It Now 4h 28m
Ricky Nelson Yes Sir, That's My Baby / I'm Not Afraid 45 rpm Imperial X5685 VG+ US $6.60 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $1.95 Buy It Now 4h 33m
YES - Relayer(UK 1974 VINYL ALBUM / EX VINYL / EX GATEFOLD SLEEVE!!!!) US $8.29 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
The Yes Album_used VINYL LP_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $18.62 Buy It Now 4h 42m
Maria Muldaur - Yes We Can (2008) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 4h 46m
Mr.Zivago Tell By Your Eyes CD *NEW Orig 1993 Hong Kong Say Yes Yesterday Gloria US $75.00 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Rick Wakeman Crimes Of Passion Soundtrack UK CD NEW 1993 Maggie Bell Yes Strawbs US $39.00 Buy It Now 4h 49m
YES / LIVE IN QUEBEC CITY,CANADA LIVE CD OOP US $32.99 Buy It Now 4h 51m
7"-Single YES - Roundabout / Long Distance Runaround (1972) GERMANY PS US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h 52m
24K Gold CD Yes 90125 Audio Fidelity DCC Sealed Ltd Edition # 1771 US $69.99 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Yes: Owner Of A Lonely Heart / Our Song 7" 45 NM Canada Atco 79 98177 US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
(AL450) Langhorne Slim, Say Yes - DJ CD US $4.97 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Yes - Yes (Expanded And Remastered) (CD 2003) NEW CD US $5.72 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Jason Mraz - Yes! NEW CD US $17.58 Buy It Now 5h 28m
Jason Mraz - Yes (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $14.70 Buy It Now 5h 29m
Yes Yessongs George Piros 1st 1973 Press VG++, Book, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $36.00 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Yes Tormato 1978 1st Sean/Strawberry Press, VG++, ULTRASONIC CLEANED! US $17.60 Buy It Now 5h 32m
Yes! by Chad Brock (CD, May-2000, Warner Bros.) US $2.25 [0 bids]
JIMMY RILEY NYAH-BINGI B/W MELODIANS WHAT AM I TO DO ON YES RECORD LABEL 1981 US $45.00 [0 bids]
ABWH (YES) - WEMBLEY 28/10/89 CONCERT TICKET US $9.89 Buy It Now 5h 44m
ERROL BROWN - Still Sexy (Yes U Are) (UK 4 Tk Enh CD Single) US $5.80 Buy It Now 5h 47m
YES - VERY BEST OF CD ~ RICK WAKEMAN/JON ANDERSON *NEW* US $11.12 Buy It Now 5h 52m
BILL HARLEY - YES TO RUNNING: BILL HARLEY LIVE - NEW CD BOXSET US $12.77 Buy It Now 5h 52m
YES, "FRAGILE" 24 KARAT GOLD CD 82524-2 US $233.99 Buy It Now 5h 55m
YES Close To The Edge 2013 CD +BLURAY Digipak NEW & SEALED US $31.49 Buy It Now 6h 5m
YES - MANCHESTER 26/2/98 CONCERT TICKET US $8.23 Buy It Now 6h 11m
YES - OPEN YOUR EYES (ALBUM/UK TOUR DBL SIDED FLYER) US $4.90 Buy It Now 6h 11m
YES - WEMBLEY ARENA 29/6/91 CONCERT TICKET US $11.55 Buy It Now 6h 11m
YES-OWNER OF A LONELY HEART 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $6.63 Buy It Now 6h 14m
Heaven & Earth - Yes US $13.74 Buy It Now 6h 24m
YES UK 1984 7" Single IT CAN HAPPEN US $4.97 Buy It Now 6h 38m
SHAKIN' STEVENS UK 1990 RARE 7" Single YES I DO DiscMINT US $11.62 Buy It Now 6h 41m
CHROMOSOMES - YES TRESSPASSING (UK) NEW CD US $24.57 Buy It Now 6h 41m
YES - Going For The One (reissue) - gatefold LP US $48.78 Buy It Now 6h 44m
DETECTIVE (MICHAEL DES BARRES TONY KAYE YES) ATLANTIC STUDIOS PROMO SWAN SONG LP US $14.50 [0 bids]
Yes - Classic (1994) CD US $6.46 Buy It Now 6h 53m
Oh Yes I Can by David Crosby (CD, Jul-2003, One Way Records) US $9.99 [0 bids]
FIVE STAR UK 1986 LIMITED SHEP PETTIBONE REMIX 12" Single If I Say Yes PT40982R US $8.29 Buy It Now 6h 54m
Derrick Brinkley,NEW CD,Say Yes US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 55m
EMERSON LAKE PALMER LP~TRILOGY~1972 USA 1ST PRESS~COTILLION SD9903 PROG YES US $4.99 [0 bids]
Emerson Lake and Palmer s/t Cotillion ORIGINAL '71 US PRESSING PROG YES US $6.99 [0 bids]
Five Satins - In The Still Of The Night / Merry Clayton - Yes / 7" 45 - VG+ US $4.00 [0 bids]
7h
Yes(Vinyl LP)90125-ATCO-79 0125 1-Germany-Ex/NM US $18.26 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Yes Indeed [Box Set] [Box] by Jo Stafford (CD, Nov-2001, 4 Discs, Proper Box... US $34.50 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Miguelito Valdes LATIN 78rpm Decca #18673 Good, Good, Good b/w You Never Say Yes US $19.99 [0 bids]
ASIA Spirit Of The Night Japan DVD YES ELP KING CRIMSON URIAH HEEP US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 5m
ASIA Phoenix Rare 2008 Japan 13-Track DJ CD YES ELP KING CRIMSON URIAH HEEP US $59.99 Buy It Now 7h 5m
Crossover Soul 45 BROTHERS OF LOVE - Yes I Am - BLUE ROCK Records US $14.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
BECK HELL YES 7" + STICKER MINT US $13.28 Buy It Now 7h 16m
YES-HEAVEN & EARTH CD NEW US $17.69 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Yes Prime Minister The Sunday Telegraph Newspaper, Promo CD. US $3.31 Buy It Now 7h 35m
Yes 45s - Roundabout and Owner of a Lonely Heart US $1.00 [0 bids]
ANATOLE GERASIMOU - YES! ANATOLE GERASIMOU - NEW CD US $16.99 Buy It Now 7h 39m
78 RPM RECORD/3)* GUY LOMBARDO / THE ANSWER SHE IS "YES US $2.99 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (Cassette, Sep-1993, Island) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Chris Connor 45 Time Out For Tears / I Love You Yes I Do 1957 Jazz Vocals VG+ US $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 54m
LYNN WHITE yes i'm ready LP 9 track (2695051) dutch waylo 1989 US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 56m
LYNN WHITE yes i'm ready LP 9 track still sealed (13007) us poppa willie 0 US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 56m
LYNN WHITE yes i'm ready LP 9 track with deletion hole in sleeve (way2695051) ge US $8.29 Buy It Now 7h 56m
YES-"CLOSE TO THE EDGE" - 1972 COLLECTIBLE LP - ATLANTIC - STEREO SD-7244 US $11.99 Buy It Now 7h 56m
"Yes Minister", the Very Best Episodes: v. 1 (BBC Audio), a (Comp) Iannucci - Au US $17.53 Buy It Now 8h 3m
Yes Close To The Edge Vinyl 12" LP Gatefold German Issue Atlantic 50012 VG+ US $19.99 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Jason Mraz - Yes! (CD 2014) 14 tracks Brand New & Sealed US $4.68 [0 bids]

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES The Best of Yes ratings distribution

YES The Best of Yes reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I think that I have understood the concept of this "Best Of". You take one song from each album from the second one till "Big Generator". The selected song being the best one (or supposed so) of each work. The idea is not bad as such, but there are some mistakes here.

First of all, there is no track from their first album ("Beyond And Before" could have perfectly represented it). "No Opportunity Necessary" is definitely not a good track from their second one (the title track "Time" would have been much better). "America" is a very good choice of a rare track (but this extended version was already available on "Yesterdays" - another compilation from 1975).

The "Yes Album" is ignored (were "Yours" or "Starship" not good enough to be here) ? "Heart Of The Sunrise" from Fragile is a very good choice (one of my all time fave). We even get two tracks from "Close" which is also defendable since it is a real masterpiece. I understand they skipped "Tales" : it is rather difficult to get a twenty minutes track on a compilation (at least if it consists of only one CD). The choice from "Relayer" is hard to believe : "Sound Chaser" is the weakest number of this album (IMO). I think that the edited version of "Soon" would have worked better.

"Going For The One" is also ignored which I am very disappointed about. It is one of my preferred YesAlbum.

The last four tracks are probably the best choice they could do. Each of them is either the best song of the respective (average to weak) album or close to. For this specific effort, I believe that a double CD would have been better (I know that this sounds a bit crazy, since this is already one out of thirty eight compilation or live works or so released between 1991 and 2006). At least they could have implemented the idea of one album, one track and cover their entire studio catalogue. Three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#106660) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, January 08, 2007

Review by Guillermo
2 stars Another Atlantic / Atco Records compilation from YES` material. It seems that since YES left those record labels to sign with Arista Records for the "Union" album, they signed a contract with Atlantic / Atco to let them go, with the condition of let the labels release as many compilations of their material as they want! I say this because there are several packages, at least four counting this release (which is also included as an official album in their official website`s Discography section). First, it was "Yesyears" (1991). Then, "Yestory" (1992), which itself is more like a compilation of tracks taken from "Yesyears" but released in 2 CDs, not in four CDs. In 1993 there was another compilation called "Highlights- The Very Best of YES". So, many songs like "Roundabout", "And You and I", etc., have been re-released on several compilations! This "The Best of YES" compilation is a strange compilation, because some of the songs included in this CD are not really the best or the more representative of the band`s music. It looks more like "it`s time for another YES`compilation, as the contract says"! (I could be wrong).

Anyway, it has some good songs, like "On the Silent Wings of Freedom" and "Into the Lens", both very good songs taken from underrated albums like "Tormato" and "Drama", respectively (I could have chosen "Machine Messiah" in place of "Into the Lens"). It also has two songs not composed by YES`members: "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" (sic, it is "Not Experience Needed") and "America", which, despite being very good covers, are not among the best of their recorded material. Instead of "Sound Chaser" from the "Relayer" album, I could have chosen "To Be Over". The rest of the songs I think that are among the best from the albums they were chosen, but again, how many more compilations are we going to see from YES released from their "Atlantic years"?

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#160771) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 04, 2008

Review by Epignosis
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
4 stars Two elements that make up a wonderful compilation include a semi-career-spanning track list featuring radio staples as well as cuts for the hardcore fans, and as little blank space as possible. In the CD age, there is simply no excuse for a 45-minute compilation, especially of a progressive rock band with stacks of studio albums behind them. So it's a good thing that this compilation clocks in at just under 80 minutes and contains some of the truly greatest music Yes has offered during their peak. Not one but two pieces from Close to the Edge are included, and "Sound Chaser" makes a rare appearance. It is understandable that the makers of this compilation chose to forego the magnificent Tales from Topographic Oceans (my heart would ask, "how can a person only choose one piece from that amazing album?" but of course it's clear that if "Close to the Edge" was left out, twenty-minute epics were probably- and perhaps wisely- eschewed in favor of more tracks). However, I cannot figure out why they decided to include a track from Tormato and pass on anything the stalwart Going for the One had to offer. Or worse, how could they justify including the cover song, "No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required" and exclude material from the wonderful work that is The Yes Album? No, not even "Your Move / I've Seen All Good People" is included. Still, this is a courageous compilation, and even though it includes an unsatisfying track from Big Generator, it focuses on Yes's most delicious and most substantial offerings. Seriously- how many other Yes compilations would have the balls to not include "Roundabout?"

Send comments to Epignosis (BETA) | Report this review (#264501) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 05, 2010

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
1 stars This compilation crams on almost a full 80 minute Cd of Yes material which is no easy feat. Yes songs tend to go on for a long time so to cram so many on is a work of genius one might say. The problem is some of the tracks should have been omitted from selection as they are not the BEST of Yes.

Okay first here are the tracks that any Yes fan would approve on a compilation. Heart of the Sunrise (10:34) And You And I (10:09) Siberian Khatru (8:57) Sound Chaser (9:25) Owner of a Lonely Heart (4:27)

Now for the oddities: On The Silent Wings of Freedom (7:47) Into the Lens (8:31) Love Will Find a Way (4:48) No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required (4:47) America (10:31)

No sign of Yours is No Disgrace or Roundabout? And the unforgiveable sin of leaving out Starship Trooper! Not a note from Topographic or Close To The Edge epics. Impossible really i suppose as they are so long. But these compilations feel so cheap and pointless when they leave out the quintessential tracks of an artist to replace them for the sake of having one track from every album with On The Silent Wings of Freedom or Into the Lens.

No, this is a poor effort, so grab a 2 Cd compilation such as Ultimate Yes. Bettter still grab the 5 classic albums from 1971-1974. Compilations like this are a waste of money. Completists will fork out for this, or those who do not know better.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#306095) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 22, 2010

1 stars Okay, so it's not a best of album (no Close to the Edge/Awaken), and it's not a Greatest Hits album (No Roundabout/I've Seen all Good People). So what is this? It's just a random compilation of songs that you can easily get on the existing albums. I guess if you only like these songs, it's ... (read more)

Report this review (#14004) | Posted by | Sunday, September 19, 2004 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "The Best of Yes"