MY GRANDMA SAYS ...

Zettaimu

Zettaimu My Grandma Says ... album cover

Buy ZETTAIMU Music
Studio Album, released in 1989

1. Sigh For Tomorrow (8:03)
2. My Grandma Says ... (9:06)
3. Momentary Flirtation (7:22)
4. Namu-Amidabutsu (11:01)
5. Vacant Meditation (4:16)
6. Dawning (8:51)

Search ZETTAIMU My Grandma Says ... lyrics

Search ZETTAIMU My Grandma Says ... tabs

- Hisashi Furue / guitars, basses, vocals, backing vocals, pianos, keyboards, percussion
- Yoshihiro Orii / drums

LP Garando Records GR0062F (1989)

Thanks to Logan for the addition
and to DamoXt7942 for the last updates

ZETTAIMU MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ZETTAIMU My Grandma Says ... Music

INDIE (JAPAN)
Audio CD$10.06 (used)
What Can I DoWhat Can I Do
CD Baby 2003

More places to buy ZETTAIMU music online Buy ZETTAIMU & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ZETTAIMU DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ZETTAIMU My Grandma Says ... ratings distribution

ZETTAIMU My Grandma Says ... reviews

Review by DamoXt7942
FORUM & SITE ADMIN GROUP Moderator / Psych Team
3 stars How depressive their sounds are, how depressive the front sleeve of their album is, and how depressive the back sleeve picture is ... all are so utterly depressive enough to let us feel them quite addictive.

Basically Zettaimu are founded as a Hisashi's project that has realized his Japanesque music dream merged with 70s rock and roll essence. He'd tried to push another Japanese dark side ahead, as his original depressive lyrics and weird riffs. Contrary to "Miroque" their recent album, this "Grandma" cannot be mentioned as a refined and well-matured one. However, his weirdness drenched with Japanese dark tradition could be terrifically expressed by such an unpolished structure, especially with Yoshihiro Orii's (a bit unstable but) heavy drumming quake and Hisashi's sticky and a bit cheesy (sorry) voices. Hisashi says he'd got immensely shocked at his grandmother's vacant words in a mutter "we people do the same monotonous tasks (eating, sleeping ... ) over and over" in front of his grandfather's gravestone, and noticed that he should create the conception for the first album and songs with her thoughts ...Exactly this was the kickoff of ZETTAIMU. From the beginning of the first track, their infernal sound sighs are too painful for us to listen with comfort. But actually, Hisashi might launch this depression intentionally, as "seriousness" for almost all of Japanese, or "philosophy" that has been alive for a long while in Japan.

Quite different from as-it-is-said progressive rock, their tune structure is (that is, sounds less structurally complex and more cynically poppy), and we can feel pretty eccentric sound depth in them. Let me say, this "eccentricity" can absolutely be called progressive. Hisashi says he's never got immersed in as-it-is-said progressive rock, and this means that he looks over more progressive sight I suppose. This album cannot be thought pleasant and delightful, and be recommended for typical progressive rock freaks, but let me recommend to you who love eccentric progressiveness merged with Japanesque soundscape that sounds very dark and painfully depressive. And what an unrefined stoner-flavoured inferno (different from ZETTAIMU in their recent days featuring with graceful and solemn female voices), you can enjoy this naive greasy taste.

Send comments to DamoXt7942 (BETA) | Report this review (#546541) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 09, 2011

Post a review of ZETTAIMU "My Grandma Says ..."