DANCE OF THE AGE OF ENLIGHTENMENT

David Sancious

David Sancious Dance of the Age Of Enlightenment album cover

Buy DAVID SANCIOUS Music
Studio Album, released in 1977

1. Overture - Wake Up (To A Brand New Day) (3:54)
2. 1st Movement (Dance Of The Glory and Playfulness) (11:57)
3. 2nd Movement (Dance Of Purification) (5:08)
4. The Dawn (4:00)
5. 3rd Movement Part I/Part II (4:01)
6. 4th Movement (Dance Of Serenity and Strength) (4:17)
7. Finale Part I (Gone Is The Veil Of Illusion)/Part II (Dance Of Gratitude and Devotion) (7:13)

Total time 40:30

- Chris Mckevitt / synth

Released as David Sancious & Tone

LP Arista (1977)

CD Arista AL 4130 (2004)

Thanks to alucard for the addition
and to NotAProghead for the last updates

DAVID SANCIOUS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DAVID SANCIOUS Dance of the Age Of Enlightenment Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Forest of FeelingsForest of Feelings
Live At My Father's PlaceLive At My Father's Place
Tachika Records
CinemaCinema
Not By Sight 2008

More places to buy DAVID SANCIOUS music online Buy DAVID SANCIOUS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DAVID SANCIOUS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DAVID SANCIOUS Dance of the Age Of Enlightenment ratings distribution

DAVID SANCIOUS Dance of the Age Of Enlightenment reviews

3 stars This album was supposed to be released in 1977 but because of a dispute between Sancious' old label Epic and his new one Arista over ownership rights, it wasn't released until 2004 ! This album continues pretty much in the same path as the previous one but we do get vocals on a couple of tracks. Those two vocal tracks if anything lower my opinion of it.

"Overture" features vocals that come in quickly including some cringe worthy backing vocals.This is really wimpy except for the bass. "1st Movement" opens with vocal melodies followed by drums and organ a minute in. A calm with vocal melodies return then it kicks in once more before we get a steady rhythm with lots of keyboards 3 1/2 minutes in. The tempo shifts often after 6 1/2 minutes. The best part of the song is 11 minutes in.

"2nd Movement" opens with atmosphere before an orchestral-like soundscape takes over. A calm follows then it kicks back in quickly. Best parts are after 2 and 4 minutes. "The Dawn" is laid back with a beat and keyboards leading the way. "3rd Movement" opens with a flury of keyboards and drums then it settles as contrasts continue. "4th Movement" is led by piano throughout. "Finale Part I" has a Middle Eastern vibe with vocals. "Finale Part II" is my favourite tune as it's filled with atmosphere only.

It's difficult to even give 3 stars for this one. Just not my cup of tea I suppose.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#287246) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 18, 2010

Post a review of DAVID SANCIOUS "Dance of the Age Of Enlightenment"